1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137
Next

Last
  1. potkettleblack
    How much?

2. NZtechfreak

$350NZD.

potkettleblack likes this.
  3. Focker

Nice...im really excited about these...and also love hearing from other Maggie lovers on head-fi!

4. bmichels
    I wish the LCD-4 was not so heavy. I listened to it and liked it's sound, but boy...i felt it was so unconfortable (personal taste)

Indeed, I sold my LCD-X just because it was too heavy and therefore uncomfortable (to me), and now the 4 is...heavier :frowning2:

5. Rhamnetin

You may have to switch brands, which is a shame since Audeze headphones have a unique sound that you can't get elsewhere.

potkettleblack likes this.
  6. bmichels

agree...

7. moopster
    This is so specific, I just had to give it a listen on my LCD-4. On Linkin Park's Living Things Burn it Down track, the section you describe, I hear softly in the background the sound of a small cymbal, a bit like the sound of a shaken tambourine, up relatively high and to the left.

8. obsidyen

I can hear that sound even with Oppo PM-3...

robm321 likes this.
  9. Hi-Phi
    What's the quoted weight? 

10. mochaultimate

I hate to say this, but that's exactly the reason why I sold my LCD-XC. I dearly wish these headphones were not so uncomfortably heavy..

11. NZtechfreak

Why hate to say that? Valid criticism.

12. groovyd
    Once I have my neck surgery (bonding c5-6) next saturday (and after the year of recovery) here's to hoping I no longer have weight issues with the LCD-X/XC...

13. mikemercer
    I wanted to respond in this thread, thinking it maybe appropriate, to a bunch of messages I've received (emails, PMS, recently a comment on Instagram) about my remarks re: the LCD-4 I heard at CanJam at RMAF. I posted a few thoughts in the CanJam Thread here on Head-Fi...

Now - after YEARS of hard-core Audeze evangelism, because I've genuinely loved their headphones, after all - the LCD-3 (OG version) pretty much single-handily turned me into a personal audio phreak and die-hard HeadFier - I published a couple of sentences expressing my skepticism about the LCD-4 I heard at CanJam at RMAF. Now, never mind the fact that I peppered that with something like "but I'm very eager to spend more time with it." And I spoke about it's potential - I can't even get my hands on one for review.

I wasn't taking this personally, and maybe I shouldn't - but I keep getting pinged about it, and when I look at my reference stack of cans and see all my Audeze LCD-series sitting there, I wonder: Could they be that petty - to keep it back from me because of my stated skepticism? Shankar and I spoke about the 4 at CanJam at RMAF - and, from my lips to Gods ears - I didn't think they were going to start shipping the thing right away!

We spoke about the tonal balance being off, and I also told him I thought they could squeeze a helluva lot more performance out of a thinner diaphragm+greater magnetic force! And at 4 Grand?!?! But I heard one last weekend that BLEW MY MIND. That also saddened me, believe it or not, as I've been an Audeze Devotee, and a proud one (even risking my journalistic integrity in audio - because I genuinely loved every Audeze headphone - and so people thought me a shill, but I was glad to share my enthusiasm for Audeze) and here is their ultimate statement, and I can't listen to it and write about the experience. The excuses are unfortunate. I've heard about the LCD-4 failures, but from this thread it seems there are units out there making great sound too. I'm also unhappy, to say the least, about their seeming lack-of-responsiveness here on Head-Fi lately!!

So:

I'm so freakin' sorry to those of you who are wondering why I haven't followed up on my LCD-4 impressions!!!! I met a couple Head-Fiers at the Questyle Event hear in LA weeks ago that asked me about it - and Mark Cohen from Audeze was there!!!!  So was an LCD-4, but again I wasn't impressed with that unit, not comparatively, to all my existing LCD-series headphones at at $4,000! But the one I heard last Saturday (unfortunately not on a system I knew) peaked my interest. I was psyched to read some positive comments from LCD-4 owners here, and how much Jude likes it in the Buyers Guide. I'm hoping to get an LCD-4 for review, but until then - CANT do Impressions on something I don't have!! But it looks like people buying it are happy.

I'm also a Maggie-Lover BTW (sold mine, but will own them again) for the Head-Fier on here that said he enjoyed hearing from other Maggie lovers about Audeze. That's part of the reason I fell in love with their planar cans: They felt like I was listening to my Maggies anywhere I went...

So in the meantime it's nice to hear from people that have it!

I'm still LOVIN my LCD-2F! And the rest - but gotta admit I'm really curious if the LCD-4 will force me to sell things to get one!!

14. potkettleblack

ruh-roh.jpg

15. Jones Bob
    No surprise.

First

Back
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137
Next

Last