Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #31 of 6,385
Quote:
 ​
Now, I'm even more excited about my LCD-3, because even with my cheap DAC and AMP (Musical Fidelity's V-DAC II and V-CAN II), it sounds amazing.​
I have an SR-71b and hooked that up in place of my V-CAN II.  To me, it sounded much worse (much less clear, much less dynamic impact).​
This morning, I pre-ordered the Schiit Mjolnir - can't wait to see how that drives the LCD-3!​

Excellent...looking forward to your LCD-3/Mjolnir thoughts. Looks like a great amp for orthos!

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #32 of 6,385
Enjoying my LCD-3s with the ECBA. The EAT 300B tubes have extended both ends of the frequency while retaining a lush mid-range.
Am planning on buying a RSA Dark Star to see how it compares.

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #33 of 6,385
Quote:
Enjoying my LCD-3s with the ECBA. The EAT 300B tubes have extended both ends of the frequency while retaining a lush mid-range.
Am planning on buying a RSA Dark Star to see how it compares.

You might want to consider the Liquid Fire/Siemens E88CC tubes. Simply a magical pairing. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #34 of 6,385
I've had mine less than a week and already they've become my go-to for just about any type of music. Amplification is my Beta 22 and I'm very happy! 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #35 of 6,385
Quote:
You might want to consider the Liquid Fire/Siemens E88CC tubes. Simply a magical pairing. 

Actually I was, but I'm not quite sure how much more the LF would bring to the table compared to ECBA & EAR HP-4. 
The Dark Star being SS seemed to me the next best sideways movement.
What the heck, might as well get both.  You only live once. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #36 of 6,385
Just got my second hand LCD-3's. I'm already impressed, the small improvements in sound and comfort are definitely worth the 30% price increase versus my newly bought LCD-2. :)

Now the bad news. I guess I'm plagued with bad luck, since my HE-500 had imbalance, LCD-2 had minor pressure noises (not enough to bother RMA) and now this supposedly already RMAd LCD-3 has major rattling in the left driver when testing sinegen+bass (not apparent with music and it only flabs when seal against head is broken). :frowning2:

edit: The sound cuts on and off when pumping it against my head.. oh yeah RMA here I come.

edit2: LCD-3's are back! 
biggrin.gif
Superfast 2 weeks turnaround considering overseas shipping was 90% of that.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #38 of 6,385
Quote:

I ordered a quad of Siemens Platinums yesterday.
It will be interesting to compare them to the Telefunken's I have and love paired with the LF & LCD-3.

Nice! Interesting to hear how they sound next to your Telefunkens. Please keep us posted.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #40 of 6,385
i haven't heard the JH16 but i have two top-tier ciems, the Heir Audio 8.A and Future Sonics mg6pro.  To me, the LCD-3 sounds better including being more visceral and powerful.  Having said that, good ciems sound astonishing for how small and convenient they are, and they're hard to beat with full-size headphones in general.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #41 of 6,385
I bought my first LCD 3 early January 2012 , from the first badge came to my Local Dealer ( Totally was 4 sets LCD 3 )

My LCD 3 sound quality was the best from all 4 sets LCD 3 , 2 month a go my friend send his veild LCD 3 to RMA to Audeze USA , after he got his LCD 3 back. the Sound Quality mine still

better than his RMA , his RMA unit with new driver was not in perfect , because his right chanel got Problem and he complain to Audeze Distro in Singapore.

This time he got brand new replacement from Audeze Distro in Singapore.

Bravo Audeze for their best customer service 
beerchug.gif

After he got the brand new replacement LCD 3 , we do audition again mine .

This time my LCD sound so muffeled compare his brand new LCD 3 , at the end i decided to sell mine and bought again LCD 3 and today just received it. , the same serien number like his LCD 3   

Our two LCD 3 Sound Quality now is different and more open and enjoy compare to our LCD 3 January 2012 badge 

Source : CD Player Stello CDA 500

DAC : Eximus Dp 1

Headamp : Eximus Dp1

Cable : standard LCD 3 cable and Moon Audio Silver Dragon v 3

High : more open and extended compare to ours january 2012 LCD 3
         we heard the same song from Dee Dee Brightwater : Angel Eyes
         I can heard more cymbals come out from my new LCD 3  

MId : more clear and clean compare my LCD 3 January 2012

Bass : more detail and full body and tight and very good and deep impact.

Separation : my new LCD 3 has better separatioon , i can hear better the instrument placement from the Orchestra.

Soundstage : is same like my January LCD 3  , the Depth is better now , maybe my new LCD 3 more detail and more black background that i can hear more than before

Conculsion : after a lot of Critics from Audeze Fans , Audeze got very good goal in new badge LCD 3

from this afternoon i never stop to hear my new LCD 3 , i listen my music more enjoy now with my Brand New LCD 3 than before compare with my January LCD 3 

From open the Box the Sound Quality much better than my January LCD 3

I feel the new LCD 3 more easy to drive compare my January LCD 3

My new LCD 3 is the best from all my Ortho and Dynamic Driver i ever heard and own

This is my personal impression for my just one day new LCD 3

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #43 of 6,385
Aug 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #44 of 6,385

Thank you Peter for your great link

Before you posted the innerfidelity link , I have found out that Aideze LCD 3 latest badge , like in innerfidelity said from June 2012 the Sound Quality is different compare the earlier badge.

The sound quality is more balance now,
High is more open and sparkle compare to my January badge
Mid is more clean and clear compare to my January badge
Bass is more clean and tight compare to my January badge
I feel the latest badge more easy to drive

I drive directly with my Eximus Dp 1 and as source is my Imac 27 " , in low listening level below 9 o clock the sound quality is excellent , so clean and more detail than before.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #45 of 6,385
Quote:
Thank you Peter for your great link
Before you posted the innerfidelity link , I have found out that Aideze LCD 3 latest badge , like in innerfidelity said from June 2012 the Sound Quality is different compare the earlier badge.
The sound quality is more balance now,
High is more open and sparkle compare to my January badge
Mid is more clean and clear compare to my January badge
Bass is more clean and tight compare to my January badge
I feel the latest badge more easy to drive
I drive directly with my Eximus Dp 1 and as source is my Imac 27 " , in low listening level below 9 o clock the sound quality is excellent , so clean and more detail than before.

That's what I heard when I compared my pre-and post RMA'd LCD-3s too. To confirm, my pre-RMA LCD-3s were not veiled, but still some improvements where heard since the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back