Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #77 of 6,385
Quote:

Hmmm......

He's using the Quebec spelling and I'm using the Ontario spelling. 
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #78 of 6,385
I will be getting my Audeze LCD-3 in a week or so,does anybody know the latest serial number??
I'm asking this because my dealer had a batch of LCD-3 close to the 'veiled' version of around Januari - Februari.
I wanted for him to send me a LCD-3 from a new batch so i will certainly not have the 'veiled' version,but to be sure i am getting a newer LCD-3 from a new batch and not a 'veiled' version (could be he switched without knowing he actually sends the a faulty one) i have to know the latest serial number so i actually getting what i'm paying the huge price for.
I would be glad if you  post the serial number (doesnt have to be full serial number) and the date when you purchased the LCD-3.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #82 of 6,385
Mine is 261xxx and it's gone back for repairs. 
mad.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #83 of 6,385
Sorry to hear that Shahzada,what was wrong with them?
A failing driver??
I hope this won't happen with mine if it was from the same batch,i could wait a month before i got them back.
Belgium to the USA is a long way :D
My LCD-2 Rev.2 are still alive and kicking after a year.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #84 of 6,385
I'm not sure that you can tell what batch a particular LCD-3 is from just based on the serial number.  The date of the graph might be the most reliable evidence, since the serial numbers of older units that were RMA'd with the latest revisions were not changed.  But those would be used units, so IMO, the manufacture/revision date of new units can only be reliably judged by the graph date.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #85 of 6,385
Quote:
Sorry to hear that Shahzada,what was wrong with them?
A failing driver??
I hope this won't happen with mine if it was from the same batch,i could wait a month before i got them back.
Belgium to the USA is a long way :D
My LCD-2 Rev.2 are still alive and kicking after a year.

The right side driver was cutting off.
I've had to pay $165 for shipping them back 
angry_face.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #86 of 6,385
Quote:
The right side driver was cutting off.
I've had to pay $165 for shipping them back 
angry_face.gif

What?After paying 2000$ for a pair of headpones.
Thats crazy,i guess you're from another country then.
If there's something wrong with my pair all i have to do is to send them to the dealer i bought them from and he will take care of the rest.
Couldn't you send them to your dealer or did you buy the LCD-2 from Audeze themselves?

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #87 of 6,385
On the one hand, Audeze just can't cover international shipping for every user sending them in for a checkup to assuage their guilt about their pair being "non RMA"

On the other hand, Audeze should refund the shipping to international customers if the headphones are found to be DOA or die within the warranty period.  Don't make headphones that die with normal use.  If they do (within warranty period), repair it for free and refund the buyer's shipping.  It's that simple.

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #88 of 6,385
Quote:
What?After paying 2000$ for a pair of headpones.
Thats crazy,i guess you're from another country then.
If there's something wrong with my pair all i have to do is to send them to the dealer i bought them from and he will take care of the rest.
Couldn't you send them to your dealer or did you buy the LCD-2 from Audeze themselves?

Well, youre lucky to have a local dealer. 
No such luck for us here in Dubai, UAE.
I had bought mine from Moon Audio, USA.

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #89 of 6,385
Quote:
On the one hand, Audeze just can't cover international shipping for every user sending them in for a checkup to assuage their guilt about their pair being "non RMA"

On the other hand, Audeze should refund the shipping to international customers if the headphones are found to be DOA or die within the warranty period.  Don't make headphones that die with normal use.  If they do (within warranty period), repair it for free and refund the buyer's shipping.  It's that simple.

My pair did not sound veiled at all from the get go.
In fact I was very hesitant, initially, to send these back because of reports of a change in the sound quality post repair.
They sounded exquisite with the ECBA.
Tried to keep the adjustments & movements to a minimum but finally gave up when the right driver started cutting off at the slightest of adjustments.

I hope they would at least ship these back at their expense.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #90 of 6,385
Quote:

I hope they would at least ship these back at their expense.

Yup, based on my experience, Audeze will cover the return shipping cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back