Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #4,893 of 6,385
Did you try them together? Mojo is in another league entirely.

How would you compare Mojo against CMA600i+Mojo with the LCD-3?

I currently have Mojo, and I'm looking at getting the LCD-3 and some beefier equipment at some point in the future.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #4,897 of 6,385
How would you compare Mojo against CMA600i+Mojo with the LCD-3?

I currently have Mojo, and I'm looking at getting the LCD-3 and some beefier equipment at some point in the future.
The LCD-3 sounds closed in and has a narrow soundstage with just the mojo, it is woefully underpowered and you get better performance from the lcd-2 straight out of the mojo.

Now, the lcd-3, 600i, mojo combo is a whole different story. The soundstage is huge and 3 dimensional with a liquid and tonally balanced sound. The lcd-2 sounds flat and has much less detail in comparison. This is the only amp that I’ve tried that really shows the lcd-2s and 3s for what they really are. I always thought the 3 was overpriced and too close to the 2. Not anymore...

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #4,898 of 6,385
I tried it earlier and wasn't impressed. I had Mojo -> Liquid Carbon -> LCD 3. This setup is easily beaten by CMA600i standalone -> LCD 3.
Yea, Amp pairing with the LCD-3 is tough. My LCD-3s sat on the sideline for over a year until I came across the 600i. The 600i sparked my interest in the lcd-3 again, I could tell something special was going on and when I swapped the internal DAC with some other DACs...a couple sounded worse and a couple sounded better...fell in love with the Mojo combo and have a Chord Cutest on order to, hopefully, take it even further.

I have never heard DACs sound so different from one another than with the 600i. A testimony of its neutral/transparent character.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #4,900 of 6,385
I love my 3’s with my mojo (not so much with my poly lol) I should have used that money towards the 600i. Lession learned but looking forward to the 600i, should be here Monday!!

Dude if you thought the 3's were good with the mojo then your head is going to freaking explode when the mojo is plugged into the 600i. haha. excited for ya.

Let me know if you need any recommendations on some "snake oil" for this setup. I've gone through so many cables, etc. and found a few that add to the magic and some that don't.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #4,902 of 6,385
Yea, Amp pairing with the LCD-3 is tough. My LCD-3s sat on the sideline for over a year until I came across the 600i. The 600i sparked my interest in the lcd-3 again, I could tell something special was going on and when I swapped the internal DAC with some other DACs...a couple sounded worse and a couple sounded better...fell in love with the Mojo combo and have a Chord Cutest on order to, hopefully, take it even further.

I have never heard DACs sound so different from one another than with the 600i. A testimony of its neutral/transparent character.
Just completed comparing CMA600i with Mojo and CMA600i standalone.

CMA600i has a significantly larger soundstage than Mojo. Period. Mojo sounds suffocated compared to CMA600i. Mojo has a very intimate and forward presentation of notes compared to CMA600i. CMA600i is laid back and spaced out and not as much in your face as the Mojo.

CMA600i wins in detail retrieval. There were many cues that were just not present on the Mojo. Since Mojo has a very forward presentation, whatever detail it can retrieve, it tends to shove it down your throat. CMA600i has more detail but you gotta listen for it.

Mojo has quite a bit more bass than CMA600i. CMA600i is what I would compare as neutral and Mojo is definitely colored towards the warm side. CMA600i also controls the bass better than the Mojo.

Separation wise, CMA600i has a slight edge just because it is more spacious.

Maybe you like the bassier, more forward presentation of the Mojo but no way Mojo has a better DAC than what's in the CMA600i.

I was actually almost ready to buy my Friend's Mojo and he offered me quite a deal too but I just don't see it as an upgrade. In my opinion, CMA600i DAC is little bit ahead of the Mojo.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #4,904 of 6,385
Sorry to hear that. However, I am glad to see others are discovering the same Magical combo as I have.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/page-801

What type of interconnects were you using? The 600i Amp is very resolving and a good pair of interconnects are much appreciated.
With CMA600i, I am using a CableDyne Pure Silver Power Cord and a CableDyne Pure Silver USB cable. With LCD 4, I am using Norne Audio Silvergarde 2 which is their flagship product.
Mojo is connected with Audioquest Forest Interconnects.

I honestly don't see how the Mojo can surpass the CMA600i. The Qutest probably can but def not the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back