Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #3,121 of 6,040

Somphon

100+ Head-Fier
^ Sorry to hear this. Even very good QC can fail. Audez'e's support is excellent - here's hoping they can sort it sooner than 2 months and lightning doesn't strike twice!

Yes, this QC, they failed miserably.

I'm thinking it will takes 2 months cuz I have to ship it to Thailand -  Singapore - US - Singapore - Thailand.
Also pretty sure at each stage, they will wait for bulk shipment or wait for their scheduled shipment from THA-Sing and back again.

So 2 months is minimum in my prediction.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #3,122 of 6,040

Argo Duck

Formerly known as "AiDee"
Is it worth trying Audez'e direct? Would your retailer support this? You have had very bad luck here after all...

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,123 of 6,040

isquirrel

Headphoneus Supremus

I'm thinking it will takes 2 months cuz I have to ship it to Thailand -  Singapore - US - Singapore - Thailand.
Also pretty sure at each stage, they will wait for bulk shipment or wait for their scheduled shipment from THA-Sing and back again.

That's such a shame, what a let down! I feel for you, hopefully Audeze will jump on it quickly for you

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #3,124 of 6,040

Revogamer

Member of the Trade: Addicted to Audio

They should be really replacing it for you as they are suppose to do the warranty for you on behalf of audeze.. 

If i had a customer with an issue i would replace from my stock and then sort the issue out at my end, it isn't the customer's fault in the end..

I have actually had a couple with the bent bracket issue - a batch of 3 - I replaced them straight away no questions.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #3,125 of 6,040

Argo Duck

^ Good point from a fellow Kiwi - that is what Somphon's dealer should be doing. If they won't, that would be worth pointing out to Audez'e...

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3,126 of 6,040

isquirrel

Headphoneus Supremus
  They should be really replacing it for you as they are suppose to do the warranty for you on behalf of audeze.. 

If i had a customer with an issue i would replace from my stock and then sort the issue out at my end, it isn't the customer's fault in the end..

I have actually had a couple with the bent bracket issue - a batch of 3 - I replaced them straight away no questions.

Good on you! That's customer service as it should be.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #3,127 of 6,040

S Crowther

500+ Head-Fier
Same thing happened to me.
After two weeks the right transducer failed: no sound from the right side.
Back to the US for service. Returned a month later. After two weeks the xlr socket on the left side stuck and I could not remove the cable. Back to the U.S.fit another month.
I complained to the agent who just replied that if I want reliable hifi I ought to buy German/Austrian not American.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #3,128 of 6,040

Badas

Headphoneus Supremus
Same thing happened to me.
After two weeks the right transducer failed: no sound from the right side.
Back to the US for service. Returned a month later. After two weeks the xlr socket on the left side stuck and I could not remove the cable. Back to the U.S.fit another month.
I complained to the agent who just replied that if I want reliable hifi I ought to buy German/Austrian not American.

That's terrible. I'm really sorry for ya. I don't like hearing this type of thing as I love my Audeze and want others to enjoy as well. Touch wood I've had nothing but bliss. I will take good care of mine so I don't get this type of issue.

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3,129 of 6,040

Somphon

100+ Head-Fier
Is it worth trying Audez'e direct? Would your retailer support this? You have had very bad luck here after all...

I contacted the Audeze's support already. First they want me to pay for shipping but after I protest, they agree to pay for shipping both ways.
Still I may face importation issue when the unit is shipped back to me. The agent for our region is in Singapore, so my Thai dealer will sent it to Singapore and they will deal with all the exportation and importation. They have all the paper works for original imports so it should be ok for them deal with it. As a consumer, I shouldn't be penalized monetary for production flaws of a high-end headphone. Not being able to use my investment for couple months is already punishing enough.

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,130 of 6,040

Somphon

100+ Head-Fier

Thanks for your comment. I will bring this up with my dealer as I agree with you, they should take first-level responsibilities.
Good to hear you are providing your customers high-level service.  I trust you will have many loyal long-term clients.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #3,131 of 6,040

divdev

New Head-Fier
Got a pair of these in today (110ohm fazor) and am a bit confused by them.  They are sounding detailed with a good soundstage but the low end is weak.  Bass doesn't make any more of an impression than it does on my Focal Pros or Mad Dogs and is far behind the tactile presence of my Sure 1540s.   Also, the high end is a touch sibiliant.  This is all about the opposite of what I was expecting. I have a Schiit Aasgard 2 out for repair so I'm driving them with a mixing board headphone output rated at 0.5W.  I've also tried a portable amp. Maybe this amplification is somewhat limiting, but I don't feel like it explains what I'm observing.  How does this compare with other owners experiences?

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,132 of 6,040

dnlee480

100+ Head-Fier
Got a pair of these in today (110ohm fazor) and am a bit confused by them.  They are sounding detailed with a good soundstage but the low end is weak.  Bass doesn't make any more of an impression than it does on my Focal Pros or Mad Dogs and is far behind the tactile presence of my Sure 1540s.   Also, the high end is a touch sibiliant.  This is all about the opposite of what I was expecting. I have a Schiit Aasgard 2 out for repair so I'm driving them with a mixing board headphone output rated at 0.5W.  I've also tried a portable amp. Maybe this amplification is somewhat limiting, but I don't feel like it explains what I'm observing.  How does this compare with other owners experiences?

I think you to let them burn in a little bit. When I first put mine on I was too disappointed and as I put some time into them, they started opening up and bass to me was great. Comparable to the bass on my sennheiser hd650. I noticed a big improvement on sound after about couple of hours of burn in but I'm sure other might disagree. That is the experience I had. Mine sound great. Never had issue with sibilance even with lesser quality music like iTunes. Maybe it was a poor recording. Give it a few days and keep listening and see if it changes. These are not bass heavy headphones but they definitely have more bass then some of the other high flagship headphones like T1 and HD800. If a track has bass you will hear it on these for sure!

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #3,133 of 6,040

hmorneau

100+ Head-Fier
These are not bass heavy headphones but they definitely have more bass then some of the other high flagship headphones like T1 and HD800. 

I have to disagree with you on this, the T1 when it's properly amped have plenty of bass. I think the LCD-3F have less bass then the non-fazor version, and the LCD-3 have less bass then the LCD-2, so in the end you get something very different from the LCD-2. To me the LCD-3F have a warmer mid and less high then the T1, but for the bass, there is not a big difference.

If a track has bass you will hear it on these for sure!

Like with any hi-fi headphone, they should be able to reproduce what's there, if not, I would not consider them hi-fi. Even the DT-880 who have is bass recessed, you can clearly hear the bass, it's just not very strong. 

So far I much prefer the bass of the T1, but I'm still searching a good amp for the LCD-3F, I might go with the Woo WA5, I will report back when I get it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #3,134 of 6,040

Bigsecret

100+ Head-Fier

I suspect your problem is the mixing board headphone out may be underpowered and of lesser quality than a dedicated headphone amp. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #3,135 of 6,040

Argo Duck

Quality of amp really does make a big difference. LCD3C is reputedly picky, and for sure the 3F is.

Users who are viewing this thread