Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #3,106 of 6,385
  Wow! Great comparison. Thanks for taking the time. You're one of the few to really describe the T1s sound as being very analytical. I'll keep that in mind.

Keep that in mind, and once you will get the T1 it will blow it :wink: Please note that my choice of amp (SPL Auditor) make it sound that way (very analytical) and that's the way I wanted it. SPL do professional equipment, not audiophile one. It's more like a "no ********" approach. It sound the way it is. If the record is sibilant, they will sound sibilant, if it's well recorded, it sound amazing. 

To me a well recorded track on the T1 + SPL sound very very impressive, way more then anything else. But a poorly recorded track sound painful. It's not the way it's supposed to be? If a sibilant record sound nice, to me it's because those headphone and/or amplifier is not able to reproduce some frequency and there is something lacking, other call it a "sound signature".

If you can grab the T1 for $600-$700 used, I would say, go for it. Spend sometime with it. You may like it very much or not.

I would compare the T1 to a precision tool and the LCD-3 to a piece of art.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #3,107 of 6,385
Thanks for the follow up. I don't mean to derail the LCD3 love. I just have a T1 within grasp to purchase, but know that ultimately the LCD-3 is for me. I just don't have the equipment to drive it yet.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #3,108 of 6,385
  LCD-3 and T1 are very different. 

Right now I have the perfect amp for the T1 (SPL Auditor) but less then perfect one for the LCD-3 (Schitt Vali), so my comparaison is probably unfair. I'm looking into buying an amp for the LCD-3, but I don't know yet what to get.

Why don’t you use the SPL Auditor for LCD 3F as well?

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #3,109 of 6,385
I know a few months back the T1 were on sale for around 749. I missed the deal. I heard from a dealer that Beyerdynamic was dumping them for a extremely low price when purchased in bulk. Perhaps Beyerdynamic is working on a new T1 to be released soon?

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,110 of 6,385
Hell all.  I just got an LCD3 in thanks to a great deal from another head-fi'er.  I like these a lot compared to my previous experiences with the LCD2 and LCD-X!  I was really disappointed in the LCD-X and all the hype surrounding it with regards to being very neutral.  I found its upper midrange to be very recessed, and its mid-treble to be unpleasantly peaked.  The LCD3 has more bite in the upper midrange and has a more controlled but still somewhat sparkly treble (lacks a tiny bit of air).  In short I think the LCD3 is a more linear headphone than the X!  

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #3,111 of 6,385
Hell all.  I just got an LCD3 in thanks to a great deal from another head-fi'er.  I like these a lot compared to my previous experiences with the LCD2 and LCD-X!  I was really disappointed in the LCD-X and all the hype surrounding it with regards to being very neutral.  I found its upper midrange to be very recessed, and its mid-treble to be unpleasantly peaked.  The LCD3 has more bite in the upper midrange and has a more controlled but still somewhat sparkly treble (lacks a tiny bit of air).  In short I think the LCD3 is a more linear headphone than the X!  

Congrats. I really like mine. For me it's is the best reproduced sound I ever heard.
Which model 3 F or C?

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,114 of 6,385
  I will, one thing at the time, I try to adapt to their sound first without changing too many thing in the chain. Also the SPL is more suited for the high impedance headphone.

Take your time the LCD 3F need like 200 hour! They are 110 Ohms so I think they do the job.

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #3,115 of 6,385

Yes The LCD 3 (both C and F) is so much more my bag than the X. The classic often need some moderate 1-2 dB EQ boost in the upper midrange and treble, then sounds wonderful.  

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #3,117 of 6,385
The "classic" would be the 3C - C is for classic to distinguish it from the 3F (Fazor). Previously, the 3C was just the 3.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,119 of 6,385
I think I have the worst luck with LCD-3. First the yoke on the right is uneven impacting comfort and unstable wear. Then the left cable connector just dropped out of socket while listening.

Last night, 10 mins in to my listening, the right speakers gave out... no sounds. Changing back to stock cable didn't help, the amp is fine as other hp is working.

This means up to 2 months I will not be able to use my investments. Great sound need to be backed up with great quality, else it does not matter how good the sound is if it can't be use.

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,120 of 6,385
^ Sorry to hear this. Even very good QC can fail. Audez'e's support is excellent - here's hoping they can sort it sooner than 2 months and lightning doesn't strike twice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back