1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by macedonianhero, Jan 2, 2012.
First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
Next

Last
  1. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    Sort of, it makes them more useful with tube amps that have higher output impedance. My review is up on InnerFidelity...I talk about it there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2. mowglycdb
    I can notice a bit of loss of bass in the LCD-3 though what's gained in the imaging, soundstage and mids is a good trade ( I fazored my LCD-3 ) and the air in the highs, which I hardly noticed before the upgrade.

gavtorn likes this.
  3. gavtorn
    thanks for the feedback :)  Are you still happy with the bass performance?

4. mowglycdb

Yes I am, the bass is tighter, feels like it has better quality though the amount is about 80% (sub-bass) of what it was before. It's still good with bass heavy music.

gavtorn likes this.
  5. gavtorn
    Thanks very much for sharing your impressions!

6. Chikolad
    http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3

This is the link to the article Tyll mentioned (I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here!).

Being from 02/2014, my LCD-3s have the fazors installed (judging by what I could feel through the inner cloth) but I'm not sure about the 110 ohm impedance. Is there a way to know what the output impedance is?

7. Argo Duck
    ^ Borrow a multi-meter. Set the (DC) resistance scale. Measure the + and - of either or both cups (separately). You will get a reading in ohms. It should be close to 110 for each cup.

8. Chikolad

Thanks!

9. XVampireX

Do share with us whether yours has fazors :D

10. Chikolad

The fazors are there, you can see and feel them inside the cup. I was just wondering about the impedance :)

11. Androb
    I'm interested in a comparison vs the sound. Would be fun to turn in my Lcd-3 if it's an improvement!

12. Chikolad
    One thing I don't like in the comparisons is the reduction in sub-bass. Makes me wonder what my pair would sound like with a couple more dBs under 50hz :)
    BTW there is a difference between Tyll's measurements and the FR graph supplied by Audeze in that in Tyll's graphs it looks like there's a roll-off in the bass, and in Audeze's graphs there's a reduction under 40hz but it looks like it stays flat from there under. But Audeze's graphs don't show what happens under 20hz.

13. BeyerMonster
    Entirely possible the equipment used to measure this isn't flat below 20Hz. If you're truly interested in this kind of thing, you should probably do some research on how the measurements are made.

IMO, best way to test this is just listen to the cans.

14. Mediahound
    I don't think I will go for fazor. My LCD-3 (without fazor) seem just about right in terms of bass and I wouldn't want it any less. 

15. citraian
    Same here. I have my HD 800s for clarity. The LCDs for me are just about sweetness and lushness :)

First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
Next

Last