Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6,961 of 7,334
I have LCD2C since December 2021.
They are great, but I wonder.

Is the change from 2C to LCD-X is a dramatic change?

I don't feel the need to change bass or midrange, but I would like to have a bit more in high frequency area. I'll try to find the place where I could check how to LCD-X sounds. In the meantime, could you tell me if the difference is very big? What should I expect?

Oct 9, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #6,962 of 7,334

I don't feel the need to change bass or midrange, but I would like to have a bit more in high frequency area. I'll try to find the place where I could check how to LCD-X sounds. In the meantime, could you tell me if the difference is very big? What should I expect?
X definitely has more details with much better treble response but you lose soundstage and that big warm bass. I felt X was not as musical as 2C that's why I went with it for the second time.

2C 2021 has much better treble response than the previous versions. If you pair it with neutral sources, it is not far off.

Oct 9, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #6,963 of 7,334

I have here both the 2C and the X both have leather pads: they are more similar than you can imagine, however the X offers better technicalities but unlike what they say, I do not think at all that the 2C has more soundstage, indeed the X offering much better highs, somehow benefits the soundstage. as for the bass maybe the 2C goes a bit deeper but in the X they are more toght and detailed with better layred

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #6,964 of 7,334

I've seen many people, including myself, debating LCD-X after having LCD-2C. I can not wait to compare my 2C with X and others from Audeze range.

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #6,965 of 7,334
I've seen many people, including myself, debating LCD-X after having LCD-2C. I can not wait to compare my 2C with X and others from Audeze range.
Same. I own LCD-2C. Love them. But I would like to have a bit more detail and definition at the top end, even at the expense of losing just a bit of that rich, warm bass.

Oddly enough, my headphone wanderings brought me to reading and watching a lot of reviews of the LCD-GX over the weekend. Yeah, it's a headphone designed for gamers, but a handful of reviewers say it's among the very best-tuned Audezes out of the box. A little less bass than the 2C, a little less treble than the 2021 X. Plus Audeze ships it with two cables, one with a boom mike for gaming and one regular cable.

I'm an audiophile. I'm also a gamer. Color me intrigued.

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #6,966 of 7,334
Same. I own LCD-2C. Love them. But I would like to have a bit more detail and definition at the top end, even at the expense of losing just a bit of that rich, warm bass.

Oddly enough, my headphone wanderings brought me to reading and watching a lot of reviews of the LCD-GX over the weekend. Yeah, it's a headphone designed for gamers, but a handful of reviewers say it's among the very best-tuned Audezes out of the box. A little less bass than the 2C, a little less treble than the 2021 X. Plus Audeze ships it with two cables, one with a boom mike for gaming and one regular cable.

I'm an audiophile. I'm also a gamer. Color me intrigued.

If you're looking for a small increase in detail and resolution in the top end and are willing to sacrifice just a bit of bass impact and presence, then the LCD-2F is the way to go. However, if you want to go all-in on the 2C sound adding far better detail and resolution and far better bass impact and texture, then that's the LCD-4.

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #6,967 of 7,334
If you're looking for a small increase in detail and resolution in the top end and are willing to sacrifice just a bit of bass impact and presence, then the LCD-2F is the way to go. However, if you want to go all-in on the 2C sound adding far better detail and resolution and far better bass impact and texture, then that's the LCD-4.
Thanks. But LCD-4 is WAY out of my price range, new or used.

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #6,968 of 7,334
LCD 4 is a detail monster but it's fatiguing for long listening, 2C is clearly not in the same league and completely different sounding and not fatiguing at all. A few headphones (Ananda) in it's price range can outshine 2C in detail but 2C is a cult IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #6,969 of 7,334
LCD 4 is a detail monster but it's fatiguing for long listening, 2C is completely different sounding and not fatiguing at all. A few headphones (Ananda) in it's price range can outshine 2C in detail but 2C is a cult IMO.
The 4 is the "closest in tonality" to the 2C though.
I actually do hope that the next Audeze is a "more technical" 2C that retains the General tone and non fatiguing signature

Oct 10, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #6,971 of 7,334
Thanks. But LCD-4 is WAY out of my price range, new or used.

Fair enough. That is the unfortunate part about owning the 2C: it's so good, finding a direct upgrade without sacrificing something in the sound is expensive. It's also so good that I won't be selling the 2C, despite owning the 4.

The 4 is the "closest in tonality" to the 2C though.
I actually do hope that the next Audeze is a "more technical" 2C that retains the General tone and non fatiguing signature

Sadly, I think the Audeze house sound has shifted to one with more mids presence. At least, that's been the case with the CRBN, 5, and MM-500. On the other hand, there has been one Audeze that is overlooked and overdue for a refresh: the LCD-3. Give us a 3Z with all those design cues and no treble peak, price it at $1K, and Audeze would have a real winner.

Oct 12, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #6,974 of 7,334
They should make a 2C with the new smaller design, AT CURRENT PRICE, way under 1K$, or make current 2C 499$.
2c are fine where they are at.

Oct 12, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #6,975 of 7,334
nahhh, all head phones are overpriced really. prolly the less overpriced ones, but still. 2C for 900-800€ new... great cans but, should be 499€. then again, not a mass market product, so I can understand current pricing, but still... Also, lets be honest, we are used to them, but they are grotesk, huge and heavy. a bit like a 15th century device of sorts... truth be told

Users who are viewing this thread

Back