Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #6,931 of 7,334
I've never been one to EQ anything other than the bass but after bumping up the highs and upper mids on the 2C it sounds so much better now and I've fallen in love with them all over again.

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #6,935 of 7,334
What's the easiest way to use my 2C's with the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode? Can I take the stock 4.4 mm cable and buy a 4.4 mm to 2.5 mm adapter and bam -- balanced 2.5mm mode? Or do I need a whole new cable?

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #6,936 of 7,334
What's the easiest way to use my 2C's with the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode? Can I take the stock 4.4 mm cable and buy a 4.4 mm to 2.5 mm adapter and bam -- balanced 2.5mm mode? Or do I need a whole new cable?
Stock 4.4mm cable? I think LCD2C comes with standard 6.35mm cable. If you are talking about 6.35mm stock cable, you need to get a new cable in order use balanced on Qudelix 5K.

Aug 14, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #6,938 of 7,334
Whoops, yes that is what I meant. Okay thank you! I'll look for a single balanced cable that ends in 2.5mm then.
If you are looking for a decent quality cable, you can check out skyaudiocables on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/skyaudiocables
I got a 4.4mm litz copper cable for my 2C.
PSX_20220708_134658.jpg
PXL_20220719_082901582~2.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #6,939 of 7,334
Hey,

These LCD2C are picking my interest as a replacement of my (beloved but too big) Edition XS.

Could anyone compare the two? :)
My usage is 80% music, 20% gaming (plugged into a GoXLR)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #6,940 of 7,334
Hey,

These LCD2C are picking my interest as a replacement of my (beloved but too big) Edition XS.

Own and enjoy both, but the sound signatures are different.

Edition XS: Pretty neutral across the spectrum, with the usual slight HiFiMan treble peak. Very slightly V-shaped sound. Good soundstage and imaging. Very good detail.

LCD-2C: Warm. Rich bass with more quality and detail than the XS. Very forward in the mids, but not shouty. Relaxed treble. Heavy on the head, but VERY comfortable pads. These are very good rock headphones.

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #6,941 of 7,334
Hey,

These are two very different sound signatures.

EditionXS - The usual HiFiman sound signature. It sounds tall wide and open. Great stock tuning that goes well across all genres. Solid bass extension that has sub bass rumble, though lacks a bit in the mid bass punch. Mids can come up a bit hollow but still enjoyable. Treble is not detailed but still has the airy character. Its not as much detailed or resolving headphone but still gives the performance of much expensive sets. One of the best sets right now under a 1000 bucks. Can run on big size for some heads.

LCD-2C - The Audeze sound. Its not as wide and is on the counter spectrum of HiFiman sound. Dark warm, recessed mids lack lustre treble. Definitely requires EQ to sound their best as is any other Audeze. Heavy fit. Would definitely suggest the LCD-X or XC as a better alternative to LCD-2 (though LCD-X are improved in tuning but still require EQ to sound good).

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #6,942 of 7,334
These are two very different sound signatures.

EditionXS - The usual HiFiman sound signature. It sounds tall wide and open. Great stock tuning that goes well across all genres. Solid bass extension that has sub bass rumble, though lacks a bit in the mid bass punch. Mids can come up a bit hollow but still enjoyable. Treble is not detailed but still has the airy character. Its not as much detailed or resolving headphone but still gives the performance of much expensive sets. One of the best sets right now under a 1000 bucks. Can run on big size for some heads.

LCD-2C - The Audeze sound. Its not as wide and is on the counter spectrum of HiFiman sound. Dark warm, recessed mids lack lustre treble. Definitely requires EQ to sound their best as is any other Audeze. Heavy fit. Would definitely suggest the LCD-X or XC as a better alternative to LCD-2 (though LCD-X are improved in tuning but still require EQ to sound good).
I disagree completely with your assessment on the lcd-2 and the x. I prefer the 2 classic over the x. The classic are far more broad and oopen sound signature than the lcd-x and the x are more in your head and narrow. the x are a more neutral sound signature than the lcd-2 classic and the classic have more sub bass and punch. The classics do have a bit more treble roll off but the male mids are more present where female mids and upper mids are more present on the x.

I personally prefer the lcd-2 classic over the x as I am more sensitive to sibliance and to treble and prefer my treble a bit rolled off.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #6,943 of 7,334
I disagree completely with your assessment on the lcd-2 and the x. I prefer the 2 classic over the x. The classic are far more broad and oopen sound signature than the lcd-x and the x are more in your head and narrow. the x are a more neutral sound signature than the lcd-2 classic and the classic have more sub bass and punch. The classics do have a bit more treble roll off but the male mids are more present where female mids and upper mids are more present on the x.

I personally prefer the lcd-2 classic over the x as I am more sensitive to sibliance and to treble and prefer my treble a bit rolled off.
You're more than welcome to disagree my friend. Different ears different taste :wink:
And I dint compare the LCD2-C and X against each other. I just made a general statement for the LCD-2C (against the XS) and remarked that the LCD-X have a better stock tuning (though boring and lifeless without EQ) to my ears (which should be understandably implied).
For what its worth, I had both the LCD-2C and the LCD-X, which I sold off. Just dont like like the Audeze sound especially because I dont EQ to the extent to change a headphones signature to make me like them.

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #6,944 of 7,334
I love mine too, after a year.

Now, to be honest, I think they are expensive, they need EQ to sound at its best, and they are way too bulky, big and bit heavy. Looking forward to see it updated to the newer smaller lcd design, but then again, price will go up...

headband stretches more than ideally, would love to have the option to get them all in real leather by default for say 50€ extra.

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #6,945 of 7,334
This headphone is such a strange gem...

LCD-2/LCD-3 - Hated the sound, used both for 5-6 months before selling.

LCD-2C - Despised it for a week, fell in absolute love with it after a month of listening. Such a punchy and fun listening experience.

Affordable excellence (in my opinion atleast).
Imo, the 2C is not that much different from the 3 (pre-fazor). A bit more bass quantity, a bit more recessed treble, a bit less details, a bit more prominent on vocals

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back