Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #4,306 of 7,331
Have any of you that experienced headaches or any other bad symptoms with the LCD2-c’s gotten over them with time? I’m starting to really like these headphones but after 15 mins I get headaches an d my ears seem to hurt from the pressure.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #4,308 of 7,331
Have any of you that experienced headaches or any other bad symptoms with the LCD2-c’s gotten over them with time? I’m starting to really like these headphones but after 15 mins I get headaches an d my ears seem to hurt from the pressure.

None here. Yes, the LCD2Cs can be a little heavy and there is fairly high clamping pressure. But, I've experienced no headaches. The earpads can become a little warm over time, though.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #4,309 of 7,331
After a few months my LCD2C started getting really heavy and I noticed that the top metal band was sitting on the strap while on my head. I took the strap off and put them up a single screw hole and this made such a huge difference for me. I can spend 8+ hours using them and not any pain on my head or any discomfort at all.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #4,310 of 7,331
ditto on the ear pressure...i'm sending my pair back...didn't impress me as much as i would have liked either in fit or sq

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #4,311 of 7,331
I can wear mine for hours at a time with no problems what so ever. I don't know if maybe you got some velour pads that it might help with the comfort, I have some Dekoni ones but I haven't put them on my 2C yet because I like the stock pads.

Also, I finally bought a Schiit Loki to round out my Schiit desktop setup, looking forward to hearing how it can change the signature of the 2C. Never been a fan of digital EQ's so I'm hoping this is the answer for me because a few tweaks here and there and the 2C will be perfect.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #4,312 of 7,331
I can wear mine for hours at a time with no problems what so ever. I don't know if maybe you got some velour pads that it might help with the comfort, I have some Dekoni ones but I haven't put them on my 2C yet because I like the stock pads.

Also, I finally bought a Schiit Loki to round out my Schiit desktop setup, looking forward to hearing how it can change the signature of the 2C. Never been a fan of digital EQ's so I'm hoping this is the answer for me because a few tweaks here and there and the 2C will be perfect.

l suggest a slight lower turn of the midrange to around 11:30, and an ever so slight turn on the treble to 11:45-50. That’s all they need imo to best just about perfect. takes the shouty mids down a bit and spreads the sound stage out a bit more as well as taking the teeny edge off the highs. I was honestly surprised at how much better I liked the lcd2c with eq, especially since I liked them so much even without it. I notice the seal pressure on my ears as well, but it does not bother me for longer sessions. Longest I’ve has them on was around 5-6 hours minus a few short breaks and only the weight was a factor there.

I hope you enjoy the loki as much as I have.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #4,313 of 7,331
Would you say you have a bigger than average head ? That may be it. The pads and sprung steel pressure was pretty consistent
when I had LCD2C and LCD2CB next to each other.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #4,314 of 7,331
ditto on the ear pressure...i'm sending my pair back...didn't impress me as much as i would have liked, i'm afraid, either in fit or sq

That may be what I have to do as well, but have you found any headphones within that price range that might compete?
Would you say you have a bigger than average head ? That may be it. The pads and sprung steel pressure was pretty consistent
when I had LCD2C and LCD2CB next to each other.

Not really, but I have some huge ass ears lol . I just realized tonight I think I have to return them. I started having jaw and tooth pain and couldn’t figure out why and then it hit me, its the LCD2c’s causing
It. These headphones are so huge that the tension is bothering my lower jaw. Might explain why my headaches are also on the right side behind my ear. I don’t know since they only have a small amount of use if I should keep them and see if I can trade for something else on the forum or it may just be easier to send them back and get a refund unless they throw some stupid restocking fee.

But now I have no idea what headphones to get, all I know is that maybe I need something that doesn’t have sealing and tension. I really wish Phillips made a high end model of the Fidelios x27.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #4,316 of 7,331
Test out Dekoni customer service and contact them. See if you can either have them send you some or sell to you.

He means the sticky part. AKA 3M tape. Just circular. Or at least I think so.

Yep, I mean the tape rings. Good thinking about contacting Dekoni; I'll have to give them a call.

Well do report back, I'm always interested to find out how companies in which products I am interested treat their customers.

Reporting back. I did contact Dekoni Customer Service. They do offer them for sale; $10/pair and free U.S. shipping. Just drop them an email if you are interested.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #4,317 of 7,331
That may be what I have to do as well, but have you found any headphones within that price range that might compete?

Not really, but I have some huge ass ears lol . I just realized tonight I think I have to return them. I started having jaw and tooth pain and couldn’t figure out why and then it hit me, its the LCD2c’s causing
It. These headphones are so huge that the tension is bothering my lower jaw. Might explain why my headaches are also on the right side behind my ear. I don’t know since they only have a small amount of use if I should keep them and see if I can trade for something else on the forum or it may just be easier to send them back and get a refund unless they throw some stupid restocking fee.

But now I have no idea what headphones to get, all I know is that maybe I need something that doesn’t have sealing and tension. I really wish Phillips made a high end model of the Fidelios x27.

I still keep my LCD2Cs around for rock music despite having 'better' headphones around. Fitted mine with the LCD4 carbon fibre headband, it improves the comfort/weight distribution somewhat/somehow. Can give it a try if you like everything except the weight/discomfort.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #4,318 of 7,331
Would the Schiit Modi+Magni be a good AMP/DAC combo for the LCD2Cs? What about the Vali, how does it differ from the Magni?

As a side-note, does anyone know a good AMP/DAC combo that looks aesthetically pleasing like the Schiit products?

I use the Magni3 and Modi Multibit as my combo and they sound great with the 2C. Haven't heard the regular Modi but I'd have to think that it would sound really good as well. I think spending the extra $150 is worth it to get the Modi Multibit because to me it really sounds good, and while I haven't heard the regular Modi I have listened to some other desktop DACs and the Mimby sounded better than the others imho. It has a detailed warmth that I love and also gives music an analog feel to it I haven't heard from other DACs in it's price range.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #4,319 of 7,331
I use the Magni3 and Modi Multibit as my combo and they sound great with the 2C. Haven't heard the regular Modi but I'd have to think that it would sound really good as well. I think spending the extra $150 is worth it to get the Modi Multibit because to me it really sounds good, and while I haven't heard the regular Modi I have listened to some other desktop DACs and the Mimby sounded better than the others imho. It has a detailed warmth that I love and also gives music an analog feel to it I haven't heard from other DACs in it's price range.

What does multibit actually do? Will it have any impact if I play max 16bit flacs?

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #4,320 of 7,331
Would the Schiit Modi+Magni be a good AMP/DAC combo for the LCD2Cs? What about the Vali, how does it differ from the Magni?

As a side-note, does anyone know a good AMP/DAC combo that looks aesthetically pleasing like the Schiit products?

I highly reccomend going with the Asgard 2 instead of the magni 3 for the lcd2c. The modi 3 is fine, but the multibit is a bit better. I personally do not like the magni 3 with any of my headphones except for the sennheiser hd6xx. That combo is actually pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back