Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #3,721 of 7,331
I too try to buy used due own financial limits and the diminishing value LCD2C was the last item I bought new due to pre-order discount and was able to audition it before pre-ordering.
Same story here. I auditioned 5-6 headphones including the LCD2C and bought these new in a 15% special weekend offer for £509 ($660).

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #3,722 of 7,331
Same story here. I auditioned 5-6 headphones including the LCD2C and bought these new in a 15% special weekend offer for £509 ($660).

LCD2C is very special to me. My 1st full size headphone. Just like my 1st love it will always have a special place in my heart. Henceforth, please take my comment with a grain of salt as I am biased towards LCD2C :beyersmile:

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,723 of 7,331
LCD2C is very special to me. My 1st full size headphone. Just like my 1st love it will always have a special place in my heart. Henceforth, please take my comment with a grain of salt as I am biased towards LCD2C :beyersmile:
That's a pretty good start as your 1st full size headphone. :) If you like this sound signature it won't be easy to find better. I owned many headphones before the 2C even 3-4 more expensive ones. (Focal Clear the most expensive.) If you like a darker and warmer sound but you don't want to give up too much clarity and your music needs well-extended and good textured bass then it is hard to beat the 2C in any price range. For this purpose IMO the 2C has the best price/performance ratio.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3,726 of 7,331
@Audeze I own the lcd2 c, and few months back I bought the new LCD X pads which I assume is real leather.

Would it be a downgrade in sound if I install the LCDX pads on the LCD2C as I feel the quality of the LCDX pads I bought and never used is amazing
But I want to make sure if that will cause a downgrade in sound or not

Also is it easy to remove the old pads form Lcd2c and install the LCD x pads instead

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #3,727 of 7,331
@Audeze I own the lcd2 c, and few months back I bought the new LCD X pads which I assume is real leather.

Would it be a downgrade in sound if I install the LCDX pads on the LCD2C as I feel the quality of the LCDX pads I bought and never used is amazing
But I want to make sure if that will cause a downgrade in sound or not

Also is it easy to remove the old pads form Lcd2c and install the LCD x pads instead
No. They should sound similar. Please contact support@audeze and we will be able to send you instructions on earpad replacements

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 3, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,728 of 7,331

Having the 2C as your first full-size hp is awesome. I know what you mean about them having a special place in your heart because they're your first pair. The HD600 was my first full-size quality hp and I really regret selling them and I'm probably going to buy a pair in the near future, maybe a pair of HD650s or HD6XX because they are a bit more refined than the HD600.

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #3,729 of 7,331
Having the 2C as your first full-size hp is awesome. I know what you mean about them having a special place in your heart because they're your first pair. The HD600 was my first full-size quality hp and I really regret selling them and I'm probably going to buy a pair in the near future, maybe a pair of HD650s or HD6XX because they are a bit more refined than the HD600.
HD600 was my first full size headphone too. :) I might rebuy them as well. I remember I couldn't handle that bass roll off but loved the mids. Perfect for mid-centric music.

I have just come across this review which says the LCD2 is 'aggressively pleasant'. I kind of like this expression. Sums up the big and authoritative sound of the 2C which is smooth and rounded at the same time.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #3,730 of 7,331
I am aware that I have been posting a lot in this thread and I also don't want to turn this thread into a music recommendation source. I know we all prefer different kind of music. But listen to this with your 2C. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #3,731 of 7,331
Some further impressions: this headphone sounds big, engulfing me in the music. Vocals are beautiful and nuanced. The LCD-2C renders Jazz music in great smoothness and pizzazz. The laid-back nature of it's overall sound is endearing.

I can't wait to see how the Dekoni Elite Velour pads work with this headphone.

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3,732 of 7,331
So I just received the new pads and here are some impressions: the weight is now more centered on the cups rather than the top of the head, the sound-stage width is definitely wider, there are nearly no more peaks in the treble, there is more separation between instruments and in general the headphone now actually deserves the label of a 'dark' headphone.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else who has tried these pads has similar findings.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #3,733 of 7,331
I am aware that I have been posting a lot in this thread and I also don't want to turn this thread into a music recommendation source. I know we all prefer different kind of music. But listen to this with your 2C. :)

Listening to this on LCD-X. Excellent ! Thanks for sharing!

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #3,734 of 7,331
The LCD-X is a whole different kettle of fish than the two LCD-2 models and the LCD-3. It's far more analytical.

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #3,735 of 7,331
The LCD-X is a whole different kettle of fish than the two LCD-2 models and the LCD-3. It's far more analytical.
Agreed, I use to own the LCD-X's, LCD-XC's, LCD-3's and LCD-4's and sold them all. Now I have the LCD-2 closed backs and it's less analytical and far more musical than the LCD-X's even though it's closed. I choose the closed version of the LCD-2's only because I have enough open back headphones in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back