Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2,746 of 7,334
From your explanation I think the 2C wins there. For me it's a tiny bit less powerful overall bass than the AFO's, but noticeably cleaner and articulated as you say, the AFO's I hear a bit more rumble.

I think that's more of the minority in genres I listen to, lol, but I'll put some of those on today and see what differences I can hear.

Agreed, there's no wrong decision with either of these, they're both excellent. And depending on the amp/dac your experience will certainly vary. My amp/dacs for example are at least neutral, maybe a bit towards the brighter side. I do agree with the upper bass and midrange being more focused on the AOF.
I am using Vali 2 with several different tubes, definitely not neutral tubes though.

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #2,747 of 7,334
Most likely UK pricing will help me to decide between the two headphones.
In the USA both cost 800 USD. Here in the UK the 2C is 600 GBP (~800 USD) while the AFO is 800 GBP (~1100 USD).
I wonder how Audeze managed to keep the same price while Mr Speakers increased it by that much. Probably due to the size of the two companies?
At this price point I prefer to have manufacturer's warranty instead of hunting for a secondhand bargain.

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,748 of 7,334
In the USA both cost 800 USD. Here in the UK the 2C is 600 GBP (~800 USD) while the AFO is 800 GBP (~1100 USD).
I wonder how Audeze managed to keep the same price while Mr Speakers increased it by that much. Probably due to the size of the two companies?
At this price point I prefer to have manufacturer's warranty instead of hunting for a secondhand bargain.

Well that certainly helps. In that case I would definitely go with the 2C's. I don't think the AFO's are worth 200 GBP over the 2C's.

Apr 25, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #2,749 of 7,334
Im using the Sony TA-Z1EL, aune S16 ,and aune T1 and Colorfly C4 and the 2C is growing on my fast

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,751 of 7,334
Just had a listen to Madonna-Vogue on Tidal HIFi Master and all i can say is bloody WOW she has never sounded so bloody good if anybody is using Tidal i suggest you try that track even if you don't like Madonna i think you will start to LOL

Sounds interesting! Gonna try that!
Btw also pretty awesome: you want it darker by Cohen and anything future islands

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #2,753 of 7,334
Just had a listen to Madonna-Vogue on Tidal HIFi Master and all i can say is bloody WOW she has never sounded so bloody good if anybody is using Tidal i suggest you try that track even if you don't like Madonna i think you will start to LOL
I would rather drag my nads across 20 miles of broken glass before I do that

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,755 of 7,334
Ssssssttiilllll loving these. Actually, loving them more than when I first got them. Perhaps "burn in" but idk, they sound better and more natural now.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,756 of 7,334

you can thank monoprice for keeping the markup in check

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2,757 of 7,334
Ssssssttiilllll loving these. Actually, loving them more than when I first got them. Perhaps "burn in" but idk, they sound better and more natural now.

I can definitely say the same about the naturalness. At first I didn't think they were that natural sounding at all ( especially compared to the T1). Would be interesting if it's headphone or brain burn in xD

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #2,758 of 7,334
Week 2 of the comparison.
IMG_20180426_193327.jpg

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #2,760 of 7,334
I got mine today and they sounded "okay" at best when i listened for the first 5 minutes. it was pretty underwhelming actually. After 5 hours burning in they already sound better, but i gotta a lot more listening first to make a verdict :)

EDIT: the vst reveal plugin sure makes a lot of difference. sounding much more natural with it :darthsmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back