Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #2,672 of 7,334
Had the LCD2C for a few days now, really have some mixed feelings about them. Little note: When I starting listening right of the bat they were a bit harsh but after some burn-in for a few hours the LCD2C's started to sound quite a bit less harsh, also swapped a SPC USB cable for a UPOCC one so that might've helped quite a bit. They have a really nice, calm presentation with plenty of body to it, good resolution too despite the lack of treble detail. But the extension of the sub-bass was rather disappointing, maybe not enough slam as well even with EQ'ing, really surprised my as I auditioned the LCD-X CE before this a while ago but they were going a lot deeper and harder for some reason. But for late night listening these would be awesome because of that.

On the other side the comfort is where there are some problems, the pads get rather uncomfy after a while, too much clamping despite being feeling really nice (they even smell nice) but that might be down to my big noggin, and while the suspension system helps a lot compared to the LCD-X with mere padding, it start hurting after a few hours anyway.
A usb cable is not going to make any sonic differences.

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #2,676 of 7,334
Honestly it'd be cute if it wasn't so sad. USB cables transmit a digital signal..
He was being cheeky. He knows better than to use a cable to change the sound of the headphones either digital, because no sound is being transmitted, or analogue, because it can not make enough of a difference in the sound to matter.

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #2,678 of 7,334
I preferred the regular lcd2 W/ fazor. Just has has better mids imo. Now just need to find a good condition lcd2 and use the 2c band for better comfort.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #2,679 of 7,334
I preferred the regular lcd2 W/ razor. Just has has better mids imo. Now just need to find a good condition lcd2 and use the 2c band for better comfort.
wow, you put a razor inside? we only use "F"azors

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #2,681 of 7,334
Hey guys. Looking at some headphone options for rock. What do you guys think of these for rock? Primarily stuff like Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Thrice, Coheed & Cambria, Tesseract. In addition stuff like Sarah McLachlan, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Two Steps From Hell, as well as some jazz. Thanks! The Grado 325e was way too tinny for me in addition to being uncomfortable.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #2,682 of 7,334
Hey guys. Looking at some headphone options for rock. What do you guys think of these for rock? Primarily stuff like Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Thrice, Coheed & Cambria, Tesseract. In addition stuff like Sarah McLachlan, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Two Steps From Hell, as well as some jazz. Thanks! The Grado 325e was way too tinny for me in addition to being uncomfortable.
I think they are great for rock, but I will let others chime in. What amp will you be using to push them?

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #2,684 of 7,334
Vali 2 works really well with the LCD2C

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #2,685 of 7,334
Expected in next 2 days my LCD2C will arrive.
My reference headphone is HD600. I hope LCD2C has better performance but has similar signature sound of HD600/650

Anybody tried LCD2C pair with Mojo or Gustard H10 or Bottlehead Crack (without SB)? Please share your Impressions.

~r~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back