Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,641 of 7,334
I was looking at the Audio GD. But put off with the reviews of the clicking noises its suppose to make i don't think id enjoy my listening with hearing popping clicking noise no matter how good it sounds, My headphones have not yet turned up i do have the Magni 3 with M/F V90 dac but im open to other DAC AMP combo's if i don't like the Magni 3 or just another Headphone Amp i quite like the Musical Fidelity V90 DAC

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,642 of 7,334
So I splurged a bit on a new iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, which arrived this weekend — and then this morning checking the Audeze Deckard stock found one from Audeze being sold Refurbished and then snagged that since it was essentially half the price as when new. That will arrive later this week. Sheesh.

The iFi sounds great with these headphones. It seems more detailed than when using the Magni 3, and the little sucker as powerful as hell. Listening on Eco Mode I can only turn the volume to 11 o’clock before it getting too loud. When I switch it to Normal, I can’t get past 9 o’clock.

Interested to see how it compares to the DAC/Amp of the Deckard. It seems like the Amp is considered the better half of the Deckard, and the DAC the better in the iFi Micro. Maybe I’ll combine the two while at the computer, but the Micro is great to take around the apartment and travel with I imagine.
I was looking at the Deckard to but with it not having many reviews with the headphones i decided again'st it. There is plenty of options for a headphone Amp without the DAC . The likes of the Burson suppose to get great reviews for there Amps

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #2,643 of 7,334
I haven't been in the high end audio sphere for much yet but I just received my pair of LCD2 Classics today and have been listening for them for over 3 to 4 hours since while comparing with cheaper <100Euro headphone pairs from roommates and friends. At the moment I'm waiting for my Magni 3/ Modi 2 Uber combo to arrive in the following few weeks so I'm listening with no amplifier from my laptop. The only higher tier headphone I have had the chance to listen to was an HD598 for a couple of days while comparing to a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AVC500. The H598 made the audio technica headphones sound like a closed cardboard box. The 598 sounded very natural and wide, airy. But these headphones for me take it even further: the soundstage seems bigger, the separation is insane, it makes clusters of sounds that mesh together with cheaper headphones so clear, distinct. The bass levels aren't high at all but it has the extension (I heard the amp might fix the slightly thin sound but a +3dB EQ always works). The comfort is quite good. They aren't as light as the HD598 but the earpads are so godly, my ears have no contact points inside the cups at all and the pads are very soft and big. The headband (on 3 notches of the metal rods) touches my head with the metal at the very top but it doesn't create much discomfort or pressure. I could wear these for a long period of time while adjusting the top point slightly as to not make the top spot very sore. The weight is no problem at all. Also they are built like a tank, the materials and the build really do feel like it costs a substantial sum. I am very keen to see what these headphones will bring when properly powered by an amp+dac instead of a laptop out jack as it seems that everything just sounds right with these headphones I don't know how it could get better honestly. Best purchase I have made and have no regrets.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,644 of 7,334
Bass will only get better when properly Driven. If your not using a proper Amp or Dac then i suppose you will be in for a shock when you drive them properly i guess you will picking your Jaw off the floor so to speak LOLOL

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #2,645 of 7,334
Spending another $289.99 for a Headphone that sold for $599 is a bit questionable. There is nothing wrong with the stock LCD2C cable!!!
I think you are suffering from Headphone Cable Audio Nervosa. :ksc75smile:
LMAO i do like that Quote i just nearly spat my coffee out. Magic cables always make the worst headphone the best sounding headphone you have ever heard LOL. I was going to fall for the cable upgrade myself but thought again'st it if the headphone doesn't sound right with stock cable then no cable is going to change that upgrade your equipment not the cable only time to change cable really if the stock one is not very good quality. But looking at the reviews the stock cable on the classic is very good quality. Saying that i may have to get another myself due to the fact i don't think the stock cable will be long enough from my desktop to my seating position

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #2,647 of 7,334
What Amp are you using with your classics joeexp. I have a magni 3 which i have not used yet due to my classics not been with me yet im using the Musical Fidelity V90 DAC which i like and don't want to change so really its if the Magni 3 doesn't sound right with the Classics i may change

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,648 of 7,334
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #2,649 of 7,334
I had a buyer come by to pick up the Mjolnir 2 that I was selling about a week ago. He brought over 2 pairs of headphones so we could hang out a bit and listen. I was particularly curious about the pre fazor LCD2s since I've never actually seen one in person. It took about 20 seconds for me to realize that I needed to pick up a pair of LCD2Cs to see if they could come close.

I'm testing the LCD2C with the Magni 3, Jotunheim and the original Cavalli Liquid Carbon. The LCD2Cs are not warm; The Jotunheim is not a good match for them.
The Magni 3 is excellent for the price and powerful enough. It can do 2W into 32 Ohm.

Interested to know what the LCD2Cs sound like with the new Cavalli/Mono Price Amp "Liquid Platinum" out late June...
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12008&cs_id=1200801&p_id=33305&seq=1&format=2

I also have the original Liquid Carbon and it's an okay pairing. It's good with the MCTH (though the highs are a bit much right now).

Sounds pretty damn good with the Liquid Crimson, though I haven't found a headphone that didn't sound good with the Crimson yet. If Monoprice does a good job making the Liquid Platinum, I imagine it will be a good pairing.

I wasn't able to find it with a quick search - what's the recommended burn in time for these?

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,650 of 7,334
I took mine to SoCal canjam with me (if you saw someone walking around with LCD2Cs hanging from his neck that was me) and tried it with several amps, I liked it the most with the Woo Audio WA7. I think I'm finally starting to get when people talk about synergy

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #2,651 of 7,334
can i ask about more detail what the difference between lcd x 2017 drivers and lcd2c, in means of bass, sound stage, mids, highs

as to me I heard the lcd 3 never liked it, I had the lcd2 fazor which was good but not as good as lcd x 2017 which I own

so I wonder why they keep saying lcd 2 c is like lcdx that is a huge statement in my books, so I wonder if that statement holds any merit, what really made me curious is when Tyll said he will pick lcd 2c over lcdx

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #2,652 of 7,334
Spending another $289.99 for a Headphone that sold for $599 is a bit questionable. There is nothing wrong with the stock LCD2C cable!!!
I think you are suffering from Headphone Cable Audio Nervosa.

I don't mind if there is a significant improvement from what I heard with my own ears. Recently bought an Effect Audio Thor Silver II with 4.4mm for my JVC FX1200. Both are around the same price. Some might not hear or believe in improvements from aftermarket cables might think it's a waste of money. But for those like me, the sound signature after the upgrade will be worthwhile.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,653 of 7,334
Some might not hear or believe in improvements from aftermarket cables might think it's a waste of money. But for those like me, the sound signature after the upgrade will be worthwhile.

You are right! I don't believe in massive improvements that aftermarket cables make.
After market cables certainly don't change the sound signature.

I don't believe in unicorns either.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #2,655 of 7,334
If Custom made cables made a difference then why pay for decent headphones might aswell spend very little on the headphones and get a magic cable that does wonders change your Gear not the cable if ito doesn't sound very good id rather pay for a very good tube Amp then pay well over the odds on a cable. All your paying for is a fancy looking cable that someone makes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back