Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #2,266 of 7,334
whoops...audeze finally fixed 2c with the profile, looking good.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #2,267 of 7,334
I am having really hard time unplugging left side. Does anyone have the same issue? Did I get a faulty cable?
Same thing with mine, but it's the right side.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #2,272 of 7,334
Feb 15, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #2,273 of 7,334
My LCD2C came in today. Have them hooked up to my Vali2 and Modi2 Multibit and so far I am pleased. I know I will have a bit of time to get adjusted, but I feel they will come close to the Oppo Pm-1 and a significant upgrade from the hd650 and Purple heart th-x00 that I sold when I tried the pm-1 as well as my K7xx still in my stable.

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,275 of 7,334
It is on the card they give you. Not sure where else.

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #2,277 of 7,334
I bought a pair from scan.co.uk the other week for £599

Is that a good price for the UK?

I'm really temped grab a pair for myself, I bought an Audeze Deckard last summer and it's been powering a set of old K712 Pro's lovely, wondering what to expect upgrading to the LCD2C's, do you know if it will be warmer than the K712's? I'm worried about the LCD2C's being to warm and smooth, I like just a touch off neutral, maybe slightly dry sounding, I want something punchy, I love tight bass, I don't think the bass is very tight or punchy on the K712's.

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #2,278 of 7,334

I'm really temped grab a pair for myself, I bought an Audeze Deckard last summer and it's been powering a set of old K712 Pro's lovely, wondering what to expect upgrading to the LCD2C's, do you know if it will be warmer than the K712's? I'm worried about the LCD2C's being to warm and smooth, I like just a touch off neutral, maybe slightly dry sounding, I want something punchy, I love tight bass, I don't think the bass is very tight or punchy on the K712's.

The LCD2Cs are dark and warm. I don't think they are "smooth", as Tyll mentioned there is some grain that makes rock and metal just sound awesome. I don't agree with his recommendation of the plugin use.

I EQ's bass by about 2-2.5 db from 10hz to 120-hz using a low shelf filter, which made the bass to me perfect. As Tyll also mentions, the bass is flat with good extension and (kind of neutral). I also added a few high Q db at 5khz to add just a smidge of brightness. I really love these cans; I just wish they had the humongoid X2 soundstage and I could wear them longer than 3 hours.

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #2,279 of 7,334
The LCD2Cs are dark and warm. I don't think they are "smooth", as Tyll mentioned there is some grain that makes rock and metal just sound awesome. I don't agree with his recommendation of the plugin use.

I EQ's bass by about 2-2.5 db from 10hz to 120-hz using a low shelf filter, which made the bass to me perfect. As Tyll also mentions, the bass is flat with good extension and (kind of neutral). I also added a few high Q db at 5khz to add just a smidge of brightness. I really love these cans; I just wish they had the humongoid X2 soundstage and I could wear them longer than 3 hours.

lcd2c and audeze in general is known to have unit to unit variations. Because of that, what you hear may be different from what Tyll hears. If you have the measurement of your own unit, it would be nicer to eq more properly. Who knows. Manufacturers cherry pick their unit and send it to a high profile reviewer. (look at fiasco about tyll's utopia review)

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #2,280 of 7,334

I would say that is a good price as I can see these going to £799 as we all know in the UK what it is in dollars is normally the price in pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back