Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #917 of 7,334
Thanks for the impressions. Purchased these this morning and shipped already. Will be here by Friday. Always dreamed of a classic LCD-2 since its heyday. Hard to pass up an ergonomic and warrantied pair at this price.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #919 of 7,334
Anyone can share?
Is LCD-2C easier to drive than LCD-2F?
Thanks

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #920 of 7,334
https://imgur.com/94A9VUW

I've been listening to them for about an hour. The Classic indeed seems similar to my now sold 2016F, with some added warmth and air up top. The real star of the show is this suspension headband and general comfort boost. They don't seem nearly as weighty on the head and are far less distracting in my peripheral vision due to the black metal.

Honestly, I don't have any criticisms right now. Time for a good scotch and more tunes.

I would say that law of gravity still applies no matter what the distribution of weight would be. Higher weight of course is detrimental to neck bones in a long listening session.
But I am curious about its sound signature against hd650.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #921 of 7,334
Dec 20, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #922 of 7,334
I would say that law of gravity still applies no matter what the distribution of weight would be. Higher weight of course is detrimental to neck bones in a long listening session.

Very true. While more comfortable than before, there's still 540g+ on your head and your neck will feel that. No way around it unless you are laying down flat, which I used to do all the time in the past and fall asleep with them.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #924 of 7,334
Oh! I thought it look completely different than the one in your pictures. Good to know.
Thanks again!

The picture on the website is off. Whether you order the single ended or 4 pin XLR from the website, they will both look like the one I have, i.e. braided.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #926 of 7,334
I should be clear. The silver wire 4 pin XLR to 3.5mm is NOT from Audeze. I got it way back from Headphone Lounge. I added that in the picture just to show options.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #927 of 7,334
If you use Roon, then you absolutely must check out the Audeze preset. For everyone else: https://www.audeze.com/audeze-reveal-plugin

I'm on linear phase (100% wet) and it's a very good implemenation. I prefer it to how Sonarworks would make my other supported headphones sound based on their target curve.

It tightens things up and brings it closer to neutral. Without it, it's a bit slower sounding but with a more 'creamy' signature. Creamy is actually not the word I'm thinking of which describes it, but I couldn't think of anything else so this would be the closest I think.

I highly recommend others to check it out.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #928 of 7,334
Would the oppo ha2-se work well with the classic lcd2? I'm not changing amps anytime in the next 3 years at least but wanting to buy these if they get released in the UK
I said before I should be able to try this, but it seems Audeze does not include a mini adapter. Sorry I won't be able to try this because I don't think I have a mini adapter.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #929 of 7,334
If you use Roon, then you absolutely must check out the Audeze preset. For everyone else: https://www.audeze.com/audeze-reveal-plugin

I'm on linear phase (100% wet) and it's a very good implemenation. I prefer it to how Sonarworks would make my other supported headphones sound based on their target curve.

It tightens things up and brings it closer to neutral. Without it, it's a bit slower sounding but with a more 'creamy' signature. Creamy is actually not the word I'm thinking of which describes it, but I couldn't think of anything else so this would be the closest I think.

I highly recommend others to check it out.
I have Roon and I'm surprised to find out that I can use LCD preset and HQ Player together, which is a nice surprise. I'm all ready for Friday now. Thanks!

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #930 of 7,334
I cannot wait to hear Tyll's LCD-2C review through the LCD-2C. :darthsmile:

Good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back