Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #21 of 7,334
This is exactly what i was thinking myself. Let's wait for some to compare both models.
The new gen by audeze doesn't have the Fazor elements, so... it's downgrade?
Actually I much prefer the sound of the pre-fazor, and I’m probably not the only one, hence LCD-2C :wink: Warm, honey, smooth - that’s what I want from an LCD... Let’s hope the Classic hits home!

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #22 of 7,334
How did the LCD 2s of yore compare to the HD650?

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #23 of 7,334
How did the LCD 2s of yore compare to the HD650?

My LCD-2F were better than HD650, but not as clean as HD600. Having said that... I miss my Audeze and this piqued by interest.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #24 of 7,334
The new gen by audeze doesn't have the Fazor elements, so... it's downgrade?
I did a direct comparison a couple of years ago between an original LCD-2 and a LCD-2F and I could see how it could go either way, depending on a person's preferences. Both had their own unique SQ.

The non-Fazor LCD-2 had a smoother and somewhat darker overall SQ and more spacious but diffuse imaging, while the Fazor version had much more focused imaging and a more up-front SQ.

I heard these exact same differences when I compared the non-Fazor LCD-PRO prototype to the LCD-X at this years CanJam SoCal.

I personally prefer a more up-front SQ, so I'm not too excited by the new Fazor-less $3000 LCD-MX4. But I get why the LCD-2C doesn't have a Fazor, and for $599, I would be happy to just enjoy it as it is.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 7,334
Any impressions of lcd2c vs aeon open much apreciated! I already have a 6XX on the way and own the Sony Z5 bassy iems... so I am leaning to a complimentary pair of 6XX and most likely the Aeons (closed or open..not sure yet) thanks

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #27 of 7,334
Any impressions of lcd2c vs aeon open much apreciated! I already have a 6XX on the way and own the Sony Z5 bassy iems... so I am leaning to a complimentary pair of 6XX and most likely the Aeons (closed or open..not sure yet) thanks

Are the 6XX Massdrop's version of the HD600 or HD650? If the latter, get the Aeon since the LCD2C will sound more similar. I've had the closed Aeon and they're more neutral/bright, unlike the warm/smooth HD650 and LCDs.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #28 of 7,334
Are the 6XX Massdrop's version of the HD600 or HD650? If the latter, get the Aeon since the LCD2C will sound more similar. I've had the closed Aeon and they're more neutral/bright, unlike the warm/smooth HD650 and LCDs.

Hi, yes the 6XX is the 650 ... cool I look forward to checking out the closed and open versions of the aeon

BTW anyone ever tried driving the 650 with chord mojo? Sound OK?

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #29 of 7,334
Why didn't they go with the triangle connectors? Even the LCD-2.2 eventually got them. They instead went with the original square entry points. I remember cabling was easier with the triangular versions and didn't hit your shoulder.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #30 of 7,334
Why didn't they go with the triangle connectors? Even the LCD-2.2 eventually got them. They instead went with the original square entry points. I remember cabling was easier with the triangular versions and didn't hit your shoulder.

It all came down to costs, probably. Machining or casting a one piece ring including the connector housing is more practical and requires less assembly. Plus it really looks like old school LCD-2.

But the MX4 has a one piece ring and connector, but the triangular type.

LCD-2 classic looks, maybe?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back