Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #5,461 of 7,334
They go out of stock occasionally on Amazon. They'll be back. I'd recommend waiting a few weeks to see if you can catch a Black Friday deal on them. In past years, Audeze has at least offered B-stock units at discounted prices and sometimes great deals on new gear too. Your patience might save you a couple hundred bucks. Worth a shot.
I really appreciate the reply @phthora from a few weeks ago. I took your advice and just ordered a B-stock pair and, as you suggested, saved $300. Thank you again.

@lowrider007 and anyone interested: they're on Black Friday sale right now on Audeze's website. Good luck getting a pair!

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #5,462 of 7,334
I really appreciate the reply @phthora from a few weeks ago. I took your advice and just ordered a B-stock pair and, as you suggested, saved $300. Thank you again.

You're welcome! Glad I could help. I'm still debating picking up a pair from that sale for myself. At $500, they can't be beat!

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #5,463 of 7,334
Can these play fast hard Metal well ?

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #5,464 of 7,334
Dec 4, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #5,465 of 7,334
Ever since I got my Sendy Aiva they have been my favorite headphone but after getting the SMSL SP200 amp and now Topping D50s Dac I feel like my 2C is now right there with the Aiva. That amp/Dac combo (probably more amp than Dac) works wonders on my headphones and the 2C I feel like has had the most gains. The highs are more forward, the mids sound more clean and clear, and the soundstage sound much more 3 dementional as the music sounds like it's all around me and not just in my head and from side to side. The 2C is sounding like I had always hope it would.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #5,466 of 7,334
Ever since I got my Sendy Aiva they have been my favorite headphone but after getting the SMSL SP200 amp and now Topping D50s Dac I feel like my 2C is now right there with the Aiva. That amp/Dac combo (probably more amp than Dac) works wonders on my headphones and the 2C I feel like has had the most gains. The highs are more forward, the mids sound more clean and clear, and the soundstage sound much more 3 dementional as the music sounds like it's all around me and not just in my head and from side to side. The 2C is sounding like I had always hope it would.
Happy that you're happy! :beyersmile:
Can I ask you which amp you were using before the SMSL? Thanks

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #5,467 of 7,334
I have the Sendy’s which are equally impressive in their own regard (as you’ve stated). The LCD2C offers a similar listening experience (with a wider soundstage). I also prefer the roomier cups & plush pads. This HP has an industrial build yet surprisingly light (compared to the older styled Audeze’s that I’ve worn).
F5B19361-6EB8-43A5-900E-2652921626BE.jpeg

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #5,468 of 7,334
i tried the LCD-2C at a local store and was really impressed by its precise, punchy bass, soundstage. I also have a deal for the used LCD-3 which costs pretry much same as the LCD-2C new.

Should i try a bit more to get the LCD-3 ? I have both Mojo & Hugo2 as my external DAC.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #5,469 of 7,334
i tried the LCD-2C at a local store and was really impressed by its precise, punchy bass, soundstage. I also have a deal for the used LCD-3 which costs pretry much same as the LCD-2C new.

Should i try a bit more to get the LCD-3 ? I have both Mojo & Hugo2 as my external DAC.
Different sounding

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #5,470 of 7,334
They sound quite different and neither the huge or moko can properly drive either the 2c or the lcd3.

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #5,471 of 7,334

Different sound, the 2C is bassier and more fun. I didn't like the LCD3 too much, I wouldn't bother. It is also better to have that warranty. Mojo is not enough to drive the 2C but I think Hugo2 is fine.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #5,473 of 7,334
Many reviews also suggest LCD2C rather than the 3. I think i'll give the 3 a try but my gut feel tells me that 2C is the one
What styles of music you planning to use ?

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #5,475 of 7,334
New 2c owner here. There is something between 1khz to 3khz that is killing me...brass,saxophone, trumpet are very disturbing. I use Adi 2 dac, Lake People G100W amp, win10,jriver 25. I have no problem of this kind with my Senn hd800S. It's a pity because the 2c is a very capable headphone, extremily funny listening but i can't stand those strange peaks somewhere in the mids. Any suggestion how to equilize? I want to keep these headphone but must do something to calm down the brass section pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back