1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364
366 367 368
Next

Last
  1. phthora
    You're welcome! Glad I could help. I'm still debating picking up a pair from that sale for myself. At $500, they can't be beat!

2. jmills8
    Can these play fast hard Metal well ?

3. chef8489
    In
    in my experience yes. They are faster than dynamic drivers.

jmills8 likes this.
  4. BubbaJay
    Ever since I got my Sendy Aiva they have been my favorite headphone but after getting the SMSL SP200 amp and now Topping D50s Dac I feel like my 2C is now right there with the Aiva. That amp/Dac combo (probably more amp than Dac) works wonders on my headphones and the 2C I feel like has had the most gains. The highs are more forward, the mids sound more clean and clear, and the soundstage sound much more 3 dementional as the music sounds like it's all around me and not just in my head and from side to side. The 2C is sounding like I had always hope it would.

5. Sorgiulio
    Happy that you're happy! :beyersmile:
    Can I ask you which amp you were using before the SMSL? Thanks

6. KESM
    I have the Sendy’s which are equally impressive in their own regard (as you’ve stated). The LCD2C offers a similar listening experience (with a wider soundstage). I also prefer the roomier cups & plush pads. This HP has an industrial build yet surprisingly light (compared to the older styled Audeze’s that I’ve worn).
    F5B19361-6EB8-43A5-900E-2652921626BE.jpeg

7. vincent410
    i tried the LCD-2C at a local store and was really impressed by its precise, punchy bass, soundstage. I also have a deal for the used LCD-3 which costs pretry much same as the LCD-2C new.

Should i try a bit more to get the LCD-3 ? I have both Mojo & Hugo2 as my external DAC.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  8. jmills8
    Different sounding

9. chef8489
    They sound quite different and neither the huge or moko can properly drive either the 2c or the lcd3.

10. betula
    Different sound, the 2C is bassier and more fun. I didn't like the LCD3 too much, I wouldn't bother. It is also better to have that warranty. Mojo is not enough to drive the 2C but I think Hugo2 is fine.

vincent410 likes this.
  11. vincent410
    Many reviews also suggest LCD2C rather than the 3. I think i'll give the 3 a try but my gut feel tells me that 2C is the one

12. jmills8
    What styles of music you planning to use ?

13. vincent410
    I listen to quite a lot of styles of music: downtempo, unplugged, edm, male vocal, classical & instrumental jazz

14. Wesbound
    New 2c owner here. There is something between 1khz to 3khz that is killing me...brass,saxophone, trumpet are very disturbing. I use Adi 2 dac, Lake People G100W amp, win10,jriver 25. I have no problem of this kind with my Senn hd800S. It's a pity because the 2c is a very capable headphone, extremily funny listening but i can't stand those strange peaks somewhere in the mids. Any suggestion how to equilize? I want to keep these headphone but must do something to calm down the brass section pain...

15. Lohb
    You could try the free "Audeze Reveal" plug-in ?

First

Back
355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364
366 367 368
Next

Last