1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362
364 365
Next

Last
  1. RenEh
    Can anyone recommend a good balanced dac for these headphones to pair with my thx 789? I would prefer AKM based dac’s.

2. betula
    Thanks, but my question is about the LCD2C and RME ADI2, not the Audio-gd C2 or the Lyr 3.

It is 70 ohms.

jmills8 likes this.
  3. RenEh
    Whoops, got them mixed up with my Ananda’s. Thanks for the correction.

I have tried the lcd2c with an RME-adi2 straight out of its headphone amp, and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference between it and a modi/magni 3 stack I had right beside it. Good, but nothing special. I think the lcd2c sounds better with my modest modi 3 and a thx 789, but to each their own.

4. jmills8
    70 ohms and like 102 db , 8000 pro is 70 ohms 90 something db.

5. blackdragon87
    I find the LCD2c is good on my micro idsd black label in turbo mode as well.

jmills8 and phthora like this.
  6. chef8489
    Man I really miss these. As soon as I get back on my feet I will get a pair again as well as a lyr 3 again.

Liu Junyuan and blackdragon87 like this.
  7. jmills8
    Wow Turbo mode , I never used that even when I had the Abyss.

8. dingeth
    So I received my Micro last night, sounds amazing paired with the LCD2C's. I don't see myself using Turbo mode much with these headphones, leaves me with next to no "play" on the volume knob as it's deafening at the 10am position!! The LCD's are quite sensitive though, because I have no trouble getting it loud even with Eco mode. That said, "Normal" mode seems to be a good sweet spot and I think I'll leave it on that particular setting.

jmills8 likes this.
  9. RenEh
    I don’t think it is the volume per se, it’s just that dynamics can require a lot more power some times, and bass heavy headphones like these are more susceptible to that.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of the ifi micro, I think it can be pretty sterile at times, so I’m not that familiar with it’s turbo setting. Is it just a gain adjustment?

10. Lohb
    Yep, found the same. Also seemed to accent treble too much at louder volumes.

11. dingeth
    Well the only comparison I've got is my Fiio Q5, which I've been using via balanced cable, so to me the improvement in sound quality was quite noticeable. In terms of Turbo setting, it's basically the high gain setting which runs a maximum of 4W into 16ohms. The dynamics definitely benefit with the increase in available power compared to the Fiio, but my point was more that on Turbo setting, i don't have much room on the volume know to go from mellow to all-out attack on my ears in terms of fine tuning. For higher impedance and/or lower sensitivity headphones i don't think this would be a problem necessarily.

12. RenEh
    I see, that is a conundrum. I have the same issue with my 32 ohm Ananda’s and I’ve pretty much given up on a portable amp that can do either of these two headphones justice. My go to is a dragonfly red if I absolutely need portable just due to its size.

13. dingeth
    Well, i don't really need "portable" per se, as I don't use these outside of the house. I have my Sines with cipher cable to scratch that particular itch. it's just that i don't have space in my house for a more permanent solution at present in terms of a proper desktop setup, especially with the arrival of my second child recently. As a result, most of my listening is done in the lounge so as not to wake up the wife n kids, and for this purpose the iFi plugged directly into my iPhone to stream Tidal works perfectly.

14. RenEh
    Ah, we’re in the same boat as the arrival of my second child is really cramping my LCD2C’s style. I wish the lcd2c closed back didn’t suck so much.

I thought a entry level schiit stack outperformed the ifi micro with this headphone. Have you had a chance to side by side compare other solutions?

15. dingeth
    To be honest I've never heard a single desktop setup as yet, although I did come quite close to purchasing an Audeze Deckard but it was sold just before I could muster enough moola unfortunately. Once my desktop setup is in place, i'll definitely look at moving up the audio chain.

First

Back
353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362
364 365
Next

Last