1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
363 364 365
Next

Last
  1. malenak
    I agree as an owner of LCD-2C. I am enjoying it for more than a year. Actually they improved with better gear. I think, that a good way how to improve is to invest into the good quality DAC and AMP and they will shine.

2. RenEh
    I looked for quotes on line and higher quality print, SLS with Nylon infused onyx, which is what I think the LCD2C is made off, would cost about $50. I think the higher resolution printing would effect sound quality, but I'm not sure about the material choice. Can anyone experienced with 3D printing chime in?

3. RenEh
    Scratch all that, the post by the author on the 3D model link specifically says that these fazors are not for the lcd2c

4. KenMan85
    Fits the LCD-2C perfectly. Holes line up. Fazor lines up with the grills of the driver. It's literally a perfect fit. And sounds fantastic.

5. jmills8
    Well , I just demoed this headphone for the second time. I used Chord TT2 , Hugo 2 , Centrance amp/dac and this HP does sounds very nice. Its a great sit back and enjoy HP. It sounded great listening to : Carpenters , TOTO , Gino Vannelli , Sada. One issue I ran into was playing Metal music , faster Metal than the 1980s Metal. When I played this kind of Metal the bass went flabby and out of control , distortion. So I went back to Fleetwood Mac and such and again it sounded great. Then I put on Final Audio D8000S Pro headphone and put that Metal and no distortion. Does this Audeze have issues with fast bass attack ?

6. RenEh
    I’ve only ever experienced distortion on this headphone when there wasn’t enough power. I don’t know about the centrance, but the Hugo is only rated for 740mw at 32 ohm.

These headphones need more power than you’d think and is contrary to its specs.

7. jmills8
    I see , how many ohms does this Audeze have ? The Final Audio 8000 Pro is 70 ohms. MMM Which amp would be good for this headphone ?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  8. chef8489
    The schiit lyr 3 worked quite well.

jmills8 likes this.
  9. dingeth
    Has anyone powered these via a iFi Micro idsd (silver version)? I'm expecting delivery within the next few days and would like some impressions of those that have heard it. I know the black label is the updated version but i got the silver for around a third of what the BL currently goes for, so I impulsively jumped.

FWIW, i'm currently running my LCD2C's through the balanced port of my Fiio Q5 (got the headphones before I got a decent amp to power it lol), so it will definitely be a massive jump in power available.

jmills8 likes this.
  10. malenak
    I am using Lyr 3 as preamp to Audio-gd C2 and it sounds great. With only Lyr 3, it is not bad (lacks depth), but not as good as with C2.

jmills8 likes this.
  11. jmills8
    I see and source ? Also any EQ ?

12. betula
    Is there anyone using the 2C straight from RME ADI2?

13. malenak
    My source is Chord 2Qute.
    I am not using EQ, but I am using Audeze preset for LCD-2C in Roon.

I tried also 2Qute straight to C2. It sounds very good. I think that Audio-gd C2 is bargain for that money. It has great control across the whole FR. It has depth and very well controlled dynamic. Bass has layers and it goes really deep with C2. And definitely C2 has blacker background than the Lyr3.
    But, with Lyr3 as preamp the sound is better, more musical, adding that tubey something and mids are nicer. And there is also possibility to change tubes and experiment with which one will have a good synergy with different headphones. :)

Actually, I like that combo so much, that I am thinking to replace Lyr3 with Freya+.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    jmills8 likes this.
  14. jmills8
    Could you tell me a few tracks that sounds great on this headphone ?

15. RenEh
    I think the impedance of the lcd2c is right around 32 ohms.

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
363 364 365
Next

Last