1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367
Next

Last
  1. betula
    I'd be interested to hear Audeze's take on these details. I know they are listening. :)

2. Davesrose
    But why do you target 2019 Bamboos? From what I gather, the choice in wood is just cosmetic: it's a particular tone of wood that's well outside the actual headphone driver. Are you suggesting that what you don't like about 2019 bamboos in particular are an individual driver? That seems counter intuitive as the manufacturing of LCD-2fs have a particular tolerance that gets passed and sold (and one's choice in outside wood doesn't influence sound).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  3. xRaptorxPunisher
    I judge every Audeze by their specific unit because there still is a lot of variation with Audeze headphones. They have some of the worst driver variation I've seen in a headphone. The housing is just me personally calling them that.

I've had 2 LCD-2Cs both sounded different enough to the point I preferred one over the other for example.

4. Davesrose
    I don't think I would have picked out such differences....but it seems you're now indicating it's not so much "bamboo" series but every headphone is different. Not sure then how you can make an assumption about every year's driver if you think there is such variation.

5. xRaptorxPunisher
    I don't think you understand how the Audeze variation works. Of course there's going to be similarities it's the same driver so the character is the same but they do vary..I.e some drivers have better leading edge and make may have peaks and dips and vary in resolve.

You've gotta bear in mind Audeze is always changing things too. Due to the variation EQ setting would be needes for individual units.

It wasnt difficult to tell them apart personally. I'm not sure why you're so fixated on the bamboo series I never singled them out.

6. Davesrose
    Thanks for assuming what I know. I do know that all name brand manufacturers do have a particular tolerance as to how all their drivers should be, and they even have a small tolerance for matching the same drivers for left and right with your headphones. I can't see how Audeze, then, would have a wide variance with all their drivers when they do have to match pairs of them. And as for bamboo: I'm not fixated: you're the one who said 2019 bamboos had odd mids. I'm the one calling you out on how a wood isn't part of the series, and revealing how you believe all LCDs individually vary.

7. xRaptorxPunisher
    Must've missed the part where I said the 2016 drivers had a weirdness too....and similar to the 2019.

You're not calling me out on anything, I'm well aware that the wood has no effect, did you not read my previous comment? Obviously not SMH.

8. omniweltall
    They are a quiet one haha.

Did you guys hear about the LCD-1? I'm hearing good things about it.

9. Davesrose
    This is what you said:

You're targeting bamboo wood model for some reason, not saying anything about sub bass, and comparing overall sound to 701s (which as previous statements, I found odd).

10. xRaptorxPunisher
    They never really address things directly haha. I'm deffo giving the LCD-1 a try soon as possible :)

omniweltall likes this.
  11. Davesrose
    Just don't let it be bamboo wood :wink:

12. xRaptorxPunisher
    I have an unhealthy obsession with headphones haha!

13. Rattle
    I'd like to hear your impressions of LCD2 and LCD2C and LCD1 for sure. I'm so torn on which one to get. I'm hoping they do a 20% off again.

14. omniweltall
    As per Raptor's summary on Audeze sound above, and unless you like the current upper-mid dip and uneven treble (which I dont mind as a flavor), seems to me that you should wait for the LCD-1.

I do hope that Audeze addresses their driver variation issue. They already got build quality and reliability issues right.

On sound, I prefer them to choose either (1) warm and yummy like the old Audeze, or (2) neutral. Not something in between.

15. betula
    Yes, it seems they have created a killer headphone in a difficult price range with the LCD1. I am looking forward to hearing more impressions, but it is promising so far.

omniweltall likes this.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367
Next

Last