Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #5,341 of 7,331
I've been listening to my new LCD-2C's for a few days now via my DAC3 B and GS-X Mk2. They seem to benefit from a slight bump in EQ between 3.5 and 5 kHz, but otherwise they're a pretty enjoyable pair of headphones to listen to, especially on lower volume. However, I can already tell the stock headband is going to need to be addressed, along with the stock pads. Seems like Dekoni velour pads are the way to go. What about solutions to tighten up the stock pleather headband to prevent the metal from being uncomfortable?

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #5,343 of 7,331
Something else the LCD2c responds to is the LYR3. Damn these sound better then ever with this amp and the tube I’m running them with. This is coming from the MJ2/Gumby combo which is no slouch in its own right.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5,344 of 7,331
I've been listening to my new LCD-2C's for a few days now via my DAC3 B and GS-X Mk2. They seem to benefit from a slight bump in EQ between 3.5 and 5 kHz, but otherwise they're a pretty enjoyable pair of headphones to listen to, especially on lower volume. However, I can already tell the stock headband is going to need to be addressed, along with the stock pads. Seems like Dekoni velour pads are the way to go. What about solutions to tighten up the stock pleather headband to prevent the metal from being uncomfortable?
You should really @metal571 EQ. There's an obvious peak @6K. They also benefit from a huge boost @8K. So far the only thing bothering a bit is the weight and the vaccum pressure, but for an Audeze they're very comfy. I heard the LCD-X once and I didin't like mainly because of the lack of comfort.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #5,346 of 7,331
Is LYR3 hybrid? I have the Fostex HPV-1, haven't tried them yet, I think EQ makes the most difference...
Yes it’s a hybrid. Other then maybe the Valhalla 2, the LYR3 probably offers the most “Tubey” sound compared to most of their other amps.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #5,347 of 7,331
You should really @metal571 EQ. There's an obvious peak @6K. They also benefit from a huge boost @8K. So far the only thing bothering a bit is the weight and the vaccum pressure, but for an Audeze they're very comfy. I heard the LCD-X once and I didin't like mainly because of the lack of comfort.

Where can I find those EQ settings?

I agree about the vacuum pressure, I do not like that. I'm assuming the Dekoni pads will help with that. I also decided to remove the pleather headband and drilled some new holes to pull the headband down. It's much more comfortable now and the metal headband has a larger gap between the pleather now, and doesn't contact the top of my head.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #5,348 of 7,331
Where can I find those EQ settings?

I agree about the vacuum pressure, I do not like that. I'm assuming the Dekoni pads will help with that. I also decided to remove the pleather headband and drilled some new holes to pull the headband down. It's much more comfortable now and the metal headband has a larger gap between the pleather now, and doesn't contact the top of my head.

LCD-2C EqualizerAPO EQ Preset (Updated 1/30/2019, now partially Reveal-based):

Channel: all Preamp: -3 dB Filter 5: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 3 dB
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 2
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 6000 Hz Gain -7 dB Q 2
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain 6 dB Q 2
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 10500 Hz Gain -2.5 dB Q 3

These are the EQ settings For the Peace/APO equilizer. I didn't post the youtube link, since I don't know if it is allowed. Just search "metal571 Audeze LCD2C".
If you're using Foobar2000, hit me up and I'll tell you how to use Audeze's own EQ settings called "Reveal". These setting are also based on that,
but I found the Audeze's own "Reveal" is a bit flatter and more natural sounding.
As for vaccum pressure, I don't think changing the pads might help much, even if they do, the SQ gonna take a big hit.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #5,349 of 7,331
I'm just using the standard 30-band EQ in Foobar. Looking at the changes above I can probably get close to reproducing it manually.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #5,350 of 7,331
I'm just using the standard 30-band EQ in Foobar. Looking at the changes above I can probably get close to reproducing it manually.
Actually it's quite different from your conventional EQ. Those setting are also used to set the filter type and filter quality. You can't do these with the graphic EQ. Just watch this vid here and you get what I mean:

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #5,352 of 7,331
Yeah that LCD2C setting is specific for my serial number and is heavily influenced by the Audeze Reveal preset for the LCD2C but modified to match my preference better. I don't think some of the filters used to create the Reveal preset made a whole lot of sense so I've adjusted it a bit.
I also noticed that with the Reveal EQ "untouched" they sound a bit flatter. So I understand that those setting are specific only to your own unit, but still with your EQ, the sound is "more engaging" than the flat sound that the "untouched" version of Reveal offers. Suffice to say, without any EQ I prefer my HD660s to these.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #5,353 of 7,331
Lol six Db drop at the 8k?! Wow.

I've seen some EQ with as much as ten db at 4100 region. In fairness I definitely hear a drop in the 4k region. Once you turn that up cymbals, snaps / claps become alive.

But it pushes the female vocals from ten and 2 to almost as forward as hd 650.

Ps. Love your channel metal.

Your review and valours are why I got this headphone.

Z said it was the best sounding lcd and I thought.. Hmm maybe he hit his head

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #5,354 of 7,331
Lol six Db drop at the 8k?! Wow.

I've seen some EQ with as much as ten db at 4100 region. In fairness I definitely hear a drop in the 4k region. Once you turn that up cymbals, snaps / claps become alive.

But it pushes the female vocals from ten and 2 to almost as forward as hd 650.

Ps. Love your channel metal.

Your review and valours are why I got this headphone.

Z said it was the best sounding lcd and I thought.. Hmm maybe he hit his head
lol definitely not the best LCD, LCD4 is miles ahead of it, amazingly. And yeah 4k is almost always the commonly recessed area, it sounds much better pushed forward there and yeah the 650 with a couple dB less at 3.5k is my midrange reference so that's why that reminds you of it

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #5,355 of 7,331
lol definitely not the best LCD, LCD4 is miles ahead of it, amazingly. And yeah 4k is almost always the commonly recessed area, it sounds much better pushed forward there and yeah the 650 with a couple dB less at 3.5k is my midrange reference so that's why that reminds you of it

Great lcd 1 review metal. Why you making me spend muh money! Lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back