1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350
Next

Last
  1. Carlsan
    The very first version of the LCD2 had a solid bass emphasis and were dark. I sold mine and miss them to this day as they handled bass with incredible detail and richness. Sub-bass was a delight. They did qualify as a bass head headphone but were also incredibly organic with that sound.
    The current version of the LCD-2C does do a very admirable job with bass but it is more balanced than the first version of the headphone. I do not think of the LCD-2C as a bass head headphone.

2. Kukuk
    I found the bass to have a very gentle downward taper. It extends low, no doubt, and is smooth all the way down, but spending any time with a bass-emphasized headphone makes it clear that the LCD-2C isn't quite up to snuff.

My HE-500's by contrast have a gentle upward taper, and to me that makes all the difference. You could almost call it a bass head headphone.

3. Mani ATH 87
    That's cool. I view them as a dark headphone with a bass emphasis though, so to each their own.

gargani likes this.
  4. gargani
    Yea, I agree. If you do get a pair, I hope you enjoy them. They are a good headphone.

5. betula
    It depends on what you compare the 2C to. TH900 or HD800...

gargani likes this.
  6. marcan
    Bass response on the LCD2C is ruler flat. Being recessed in the upper-mids, we can call it warm but not bass heavy.

7. Mani ATH 87
    Ok lol

8. betula
    Random question:

When you return to your main gear after a week or so, do you have to readjust?

I find I have to...
    I do listen to some acceptable portable gear when I am away (Mojo+Ety ER3XR+20Ω resistor in my case).
    When I return to my beloved main gear I am always sort of disappointed for the first 24-36 hours. It sounds a bit thin, a bit simple. Even though it is more natural and more spacious than my portable solution.
    By the time I am readjusted to my main gear I love it to bits again. I do prefer my current combo to some much more expensive options, and that's why I am so surprised I can't enjoy it to it's full potential immediately after I had week long break away.

What is the reason for this? I know and love my system. I prefer this to some much more expensive combos. Still, when I come back I need some time to readjust and fall in love again.
    Is it because I am listening to a certain portable gear while I am away which changes my perception of sound, or is it simply because I am not listening to my beloved main system?

Thoughts, experience to share?

9. WildStyle-R11
    I think that mostly depends on the gear. There is a lot of gear that require you to see pass something. As an example I would have to say for 2C you have to see past some warmness, perhaps a bit of grain and then adjust yourself to the textured bass to enjoy it fully. Tune in or tune out of something your hearing naturally picks up. It's a bit like night vision I guess, just takes a while for your ears to tune in which probably tires them and then you have to relax yourself.

It depends on how much time you spend away. There is a reason why we classify gear as Bright, Veiled, Warm, Dark, etc... People will always have to get used to things. Like if you change your chair with your butt print to the same, but new. Do you really think you would feel comfortable?

So unless you have a really Neutral, Realistic and Natural gear, you will always have to adjust.
    I would consider 2C Realistic, but none of the others so you need to adjust as it doesn't sound real in the end.
    My speakers are Realistic and Natural sounding even with elevated bass, I would consider them quite neutral. So I don't need to adjust to them as much as my headphones.
    In comparison to speakers, headphones will always be more unnatural since they are on each of your ears and so close that you do notice every little nuance, that you tune out as you use them. It is much harder to hear those nuances in speakers, for various reasons. So it doesn't distract as much when changing speakers, unless it is really polar opposite. But headphones, you put something on and you can snap your fingers and make an impression, but spend some time with then and the doors open! It is no longer Muffled, but just warm... Well something like that.

Well that is just my opinion with limited experience.

H20Fidelity likes this.
  10. omniweltall
    Your brain always adjusts to your current sound. The same way if it's the other way around.

For example, try to listening to something excessively warm and bassy for 3 months. Then move to something neutral. You will probably not be satisfied and miss that warmth and bass.

The brain is a wonderful tool.

gargani likes this.
  11. betula
    This is true, however normally the adjustment doesn't take longer than 10-20 minutes. I find that if I don't listen to something for a week it takes a couple of days to fully readjust.

12. omniweltall
    What about going from your desktop to your portable? Do you face similar adjustment, Betula?

13. betula
    Not that much. My portable gear obviously sounds inferior to my desktop rig but acceptable. For some reason the other way around I need more time to readjust but we are going slightly off topic here.

14. omniweltall
    Im not familiar with iems. What is the sound sig of your portable gear? Is it thicker and has more body?

The 2C does sound "thin". Thin in a way that it doesnt have a solid body. It is kinda like a cloud over your head. It is large snd thick, but not focused.

15. marcan
    It's because your brain makes adjustment that you don't need eq...

First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350
Next

Last