1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
Next

Last
  1. betula
    That's quite a move but I can actually understand it. Also, makes me want to try the Verum.

Selling your HD650 is a surprise though after you were singing praises about them everywhere.

2. omniweltall
    The Verum probably filled that need.

I find myself reaching the hd650 lesser nowadays.

xRaptorxPunisher likes this.
  3. xRaptorxPunisher
    They're a great headphone and with the right gear TOTL status minus bass quality. I stand by my comments on the HD650 but the Verum does mostly what the HD650 can do.

I use Verum for an all rounder. Not saying the classic isn't an all-rounder but to me the Classic is that fun headphone you wack on when you wanna let you hair down and go crazy. Both are what I'd consider neutral but the classic is neutral with some flair.

Yes you need to try the Verum. It's £275 quid and sounds better than most 1000-3000 quid phones.

omniweltall and betula like this.
  4. WildStyle-R11
    Funny thing is, it seems like when I cut my hear all my headphones became rather uncomfortable. :D

5. omniweltall
    Hair? Maybe it acts as a cushion. I feel better with my hair really short.

6. xRaptorxPunisher
    Funny you mention that I got my hair cut short for the first time in years today because of my phones haha

omniweltall likes this.
  7. omniweltall
    Hahaha...d@ng man.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    xRaptorxPunisher likes this.
  8. WildStyle-R11
    I let them grow during winter, I guess I got used to extra layer of cushion. ^^

omniweltall likes this.
  9. betula
    I agree. The more TOTL headphones I try the more obvious it becomes that price is very, very relative when it comes to reflecting actual value.

Regarding the headphones you sold,

LCD4 - obviously better than the 2C in everything except weight. The improvement in sound however does not worth the extra $3200. Perhaps twice the price of the 2C, but definitely not the asking price.

Aeolus - These are great flavour cans if someone has a powerful amp and likes a woody, analogue sound and listens to acoustic music the most. Bass quality is a few steps down from the 2C though. It is still worth its price if this sound is what are after.

HD650 - Legend, but as you said you need good gear to make them shine. Bass roll of is a deal breaker if you listen to EDM.

Utopia - Another overpriced can. Impressive at first but too much to live with (for me). And bass is still not on level with planars.

I think, you made a good decision, although it is always very personal depending on music and sound preference, not to mention budget.
    Have you got any plans with the thousands you got for the sold headphones? A trip around the world? :)

10. neo_styles
    Been noticing that I've favored the 2C more and more for evening listening through my home theater. Neighbors aren't always happy when I let the KEF Q300s and Sunfire SDS12 flex their muscles, so it's nice to have the 2Cs right there to get the same general feel without the added noise pollution. What surprises me is how seamless a transition the two seem to be; in terms of signature, I find them to be very similar and relaxing. Surprised myself when I got a little teary-eyed finishing off the last 20 minutes of an Across the Universe DVD rip (testing file quality before everything moves over to the Plex server).

And have enough people talked about how comfortable these pads are? Seriously surprises me every time I put them on.

11. betula
    The stock pads are awesome. They don't only give you plenty of space for your ears without touching anything but also give a very nice feeling around your ears. This memory foam and the high-quality pleather just do the job.

Even though the HEXV2 is lighter and instantly feels better on your head, after 40-50 minutes I just stop liking that filth feel around my ears. Also the cups are shallower.
    The 2C gives you a comfy and firm hug. I don't have issues with the weight, so I am just enjoying this hug a lot. Not to mention the tightness and the bass...

Leonarfd and neo_styles like this.
  12. betula
    I find the Verum 1 very interesting, but certain reviews make me wait for the Verum 2.

One thing is that I am not fond of the DIY look of the Verum 1. Look however is secondary to sound, so if the sound is right I wouldn't care.

The Verum 1 is very affordable due to skipping all middle-man costs, but there seem to be a 6 weeks waiting time for orders.
    Have you guys waited 6 weeks for yours?

I get that they wanted to create a brighter LCD2, so in a way I am interested. On the other hand though, I quite like the darker sound of the 2C.

I also read, resolution/imaging is not the best due to the thicker diaphragm. At least it seems to be reliable on the other hand.

Summing up, I am very interested in the Verum 1 but I am not sure if I'd enjoy them more than the 2C. I keep the 2Cs as they are fun and relaxing at the same time.
    I am interested in the Verum1, especially for the great price, but I am not sure if I need a brighter LCD2C.

13. omniweltall
    Not really bright. Just brighter than the 2c. Reso is good, betula. Slightly better than the 2c, i think. I was saying that the verum is thicker, but what i meant was that it has a more focused body.

I waited for mine since last year. Around 5-6 months of wait. What about getting a used one in the classified wjen it turns out?

betula likes this.
  14. BrotherKathos
    I hooked on my hd6xx with the darkvoice and some nos tubes. rca 6as7 black plate and ge 6ns7 gtb. Heavenly for the moment! I’m so fickle!

15. omniweltall
    Enjoy that mid!

First

Back
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
Next

Last