Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #3,466 of 7,334
How do you like the lcd 2 classics? I just got a Mimby Jotunheim stack and wanted to upgrade to a nicer planar HP from my 4XX to the lcd 2C and that idea got crushed in the Ananda thread about the classics having very little detail not good imaging and weak treble lol.

I don’t want something super analytical or dry and boring but I also don’t want something crazy colored sound which completely colors the sound either[/QUOTE
I prefer HD600 to HD660s. Sometimes, there are cans that have great bass quality, but lack quantity (HD600, HD800, even LCD-2C). This is where my Loki stands by whenever he is required.

How would one connect a Loki to an Audio-Gd NFB-28.38?

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #3,468 of 7,334
Has anyone changed pads to LCD2C? I love the headphones but I am not a huge fan of the seal that the stock pleather pads give.
Would Audeze Lambskin pads, ZMF Eikon lambskin or ZMF Auteur Lambskin help with this issue at all? If I buy the Audeze pads, do they come with the adhesive rings or do I need to buy them separately?

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #3,469 of 7,334
Has anyone changed pads to LCD2C? I love the headphones but I am not a huge fan of the seal that the stock pleather pads give.
Would Audeze Lambskin pads, ZMF Eikon lambskin or ZMF Auteur Lambskin help with this issue at all? If I buy the Audeze pads, do they come with the adhesive rings or do I need to buy them separately?

I've seen some good things about swapping to Vegan/Velour pads, but it changes the frequency response a bit.

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #3,471 of 7,334
I've been looking at maybe getting a used pair of the Sony Z1R but after having a chance to listen to the LCD-2C I think they might be my next headphone. I've been wanting a good headphone with more bass but not at the sacrifice of overall clarity and the LCD-2C hit the mark, that bass is intoxicating. Since I listen to quite a bit of electronic music these seem like a great headphone to get.

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #3,472 of 7,334
I've been looking at maybe getting a used pair of the Sony Z1R but after having a chance to listen to the LCD-2C I think they might be my next headphone. I've been wanting a good headphone with more bass but not at the sacrifice of overall clarity and the LCD-2C hit the mark, that bass is intoxicating. Since I listen to quite a bit of electronic music these seem like a great headphone to get.

Havent got mine so long,but i love them with electronic music :) I have been wanting a headphone with bass and clarity.This hits the sweetspot.I remeber the b&w p9.Enormous bass,but too much that covered details.And too warm sounding.The lcd2c is a real winner.Now i only waiting for the massdrop liquid carbon sdac amp :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #3,473 of 7,334
Aug 29, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #3,474 of 7,334
Found a good deal on these from Scan uk 700€ delivered so ordered a pair :beerchug: Quite a reduction on price, looks like I paid 1300€ from the original lcd-2s back in 2011..

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #3,475 of 7,334

Heard a lot of good things about Z1R. Saw an used Z1R on sale and went to audition them twice. They are good but not good enough for me to pull the trigger. IMO, not much of an upgrade to my LCD2C.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #3,477 of 7,334
So my liquid carbon is on my way from the states.I see that it has balanced output.I have always used original cables with my headphones.What is the advantages of using an balanced one? Does audeze sell balanced cables? Or is there any other companies with good cables for audeze lc2c and a affordable price? :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #3,478 of 7,334
So my liquid carbon is on my way from the states.I see that it has balanced output.I have always used original cables with my headphones.What is the advantages of using an balanced one? Does audeze sell balanced cables? Or is there any other companies with good cables for audeze lc2c and a affordable price? :)

Some good reads here:
https://www.headphone.com/pages/balanced-headphones-guide
https://www.moon-audio.com/single-ended-versus-balanced-connection

I use these cheap balanced cables for my LCD2C:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/64251

Bought the same cable for my Senn HD650 too. So far doing its job well enough for me.

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3,479 of 7,334
I'm not expecting the LCD-2C to be an upgrade over my Elear just something different. I like my Nighthawk which has good bass but it can sound a bit dull at times because of how warm and dark they can sound. The LCD-2C seems like a good sweet spot between my Elear and NH.

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #3,480 of 7,334
I'm not expecting the LCD-2C to be an upgrade over my Elear just something different. I like my Nighthawk which has good bass but it can sound a bit dull at times because of how warm and dark they can sound. The LCD-2C seems like a good sweet spot between my Elear and NH.
To my ears with my music the 2C pretty much killed both the Elear and Nighthawk. I liked the Nighthawk, didn't really like the Elear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back