1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
Next

Last
  1. Bob Foster
    Do you see anything wrong with the choice of amp with the Focal Clears? Just curious. So many people have spoke of bad pairing of different amps with the Clears.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. Voxata
    I'll tell ya.. the 2C scales. Sure it is amp friendly - but I definitely see a great improvement using Bimby/Jot over the iDSD.

Bob Foster likes this.
  3. wazzupi
    Try a hugo2 hehe scales very well. More so than lcd2f he1000 and LCD X which i preferred the lcd2c over all of them but to be fair the he1000 is a different sound it was very good but i really didn't like the sound signature. Maybe the he1000 needed more power though.

4. Voxata
    Not always about power - synergy is king. Hard to compare the 560 to the LCD2C due to the signature difference. They're both amazing at what they do. As far as better? If you play videogames the 560 hands down. Pure music, I'd go LCD2C. Not to say the 560 isn't good at music, it sure is.. I'd call it the better all arounder honestly.

squee116 likes this.
  5. wazzupi
    lets hope i get my 350 dollar he560 off backorder and into my hands hehe !! I was using the lcd2c for gaming and i quite liked it better than my AFO and Im getting Eikons hopefully ? Lmao (still waiting on them to arrive)

6. JKDJedi
    LMAO..I'm still disconnected..won't believe it till I see a package at my front door, by far the most expensive (headphones) gear to date for me.. . (how do I explain this!) :D

7. Bob Foster
    I share that impression right now. I'll keep burning mine in overnight.

8. Devarika Woulf
    Has anyone compared the LCD-2C to the old LCD-2.1 or 2.2s? I've still got my (working) 2.2 from Dec. 2011, and I've love to hear how these replicas compare to the real thing.

9. colinallcarz
    This is my first real impressions write-up, sorry if I miss anything. Obviously this is entirely subjective. I started this as a versus sort of thing, but they're both awesome and I ended up just adding some of my notes. Take it how you will.

I did not use the filters in the AFO during my listening, but did use the Norne cable. I used my laptop / Spotify to iFi Micro IDSD Black Label.

Construction: The AFO is definitely well built, but is a bit plasticky when placed next to the tank-like LCD-2C. They are both comfortable, but do clamp a bit on my (I guess) bigger than average head. That said, both are easy to wear for long periods, with the ALO edging out the LCD-2C due to the lighter weight.

I'll list the song title and then give you my impression notes for both.

Lorde - Still Sane

LCD-2C: Good seperation, highs hurt a bit, impactful bass. Very clear voice with these.

AFO: More laid back (not as articulate) and easier to listen to this song with. Bass less controlled though.

Hallelujah - Tori Kelly

LCD-2C: Detailed, but a bit picky with this song.

AFO: More forgiving (especially the instrumental part), smoother with her voice.

Once Upon a Dream - Lana Del Ray

LCD-2C: Heard more going on in the background, almost hearing too much. The rumble sounds awesome.

AFO: Good balance of voice and background. Overall more haunting (which this song is supposed to be).

La Grange - ZZ Top

LCD-2C: Instrumentals are excellent, with the vocals detailed too - super fun to listen to with these.

AFO: More laid back/not as much energy. Voice and instrumentals more blended.

Easy - Sky Ferreira

LCD-2C: Voice not as forgiving. Instruments overpowered vocals a bit with these.

AFO: Relaxed and easy (see what I did there?) to listen to, ethereal quality.

Harry Potter Prologue - John Williams

LCD-2C: Can hear the instruments being played, extremely detailed. Highs a bit harsh. Great low end strings blending in as song progresses.

AFO: Can also hear the instruments being played, but not as precisely. Highs not as harsh. Sound more blended - individual instruments do not stick out as much (not better or worse, just different).

These are both excellent headphones that have their own individual strong points in differing music. I think they complement each other and don't find owning both of them redundant.
    20180128_135859.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    jaco61, trellus, koolkoala and 2 others like this.
  10. Voxata
    Here is a brutal one for you.. do some swapping - tell me that Vocals on the 2C don't suffer from a stuffy nose.

11. colinallcarz
    From what I've heard, I didn't care for them as much with higher female voices. However, they did well with lower male voices. I'll have to do some more sampling though.

12. Beagle
    Interesting. Some say the LCD-2c's highs hurt. Others say they are not there at all. Either way, sounds like a pass for me...

13. Bob Foster
    I wouldn't pass judgement just yet. Most of the high complaints are from new cans. Some of the more educated ears seem to like them.

14. paradoxper
    I, too, was curious about the differentials, so I picked up an Rev 2.

15. squee116
    I don't think "smeary bass" is fair. It is far more apparent, but it always seemed well controlled, with more impact. I much prefer the Teaks for rock and punk, where drums should be a more visceral experience, but the LCD2C's tame the bass perfectly to comfortably and enjoyably listen to electronic and pop music. They're just suited for different things, imo.

First

Back
121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
Next

Last