1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138
Next

Last
  1. Jack-A
    LCD-2C for $599 + $180 shipping or HE-560 for $359.99 + $90 shipping?

2. astrostar59
    Thanks that is useful. More responses please folks.

3. exsomnis
    The LCD 2 Classic does not hold a candle to the LCD 4. The refinement and clarity of the LCD 4 is a discernable jump up - and that's with me having done side by side comparisons with the LCD 3. And I love my LCD 3s.

I had an LCD 2 rev2 first, then got an LCD 3 and at some point hopefully, will be getting an LCD 4 or whatever else is TOTL at the time.

If you can afford it and don't want to waste time messing around with the lower end models, the LCD 4 is a no-brainer. If you're undecided on whether or not you want to pony up the 4 grand for the LCD 4, then let the LCD 2 Classic be your introduction to the Audeze planar magnetic drivers, you will have thorough enjoyment.

4. mikewr
    Thought I'd share - in my readings I found a post on reddit; a rather detailed comparison between the LCD-2C and Atticus, and to a lesser extent the hd650. So if your interested in quenching your appetite with more info there you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7odl6w/audeze_lcd2c_mini_review_and_atticus_comparison/

Also likens the overall signature to his "2010 LCD-2" in the last paragraph. Only one person's opinion I know, but I think it's the first time I've read someone comment on that specifically... and it's a bit comforting while I'm waiting for my pair to arrive lol.

JKDJedi likes this.
  5. MusicalParadise
    Good read, I do agree with most of that we need more honest reposes rather than X headphone destroys X it's unhelpful and in most cases is not true and really is a case of people trying to justify expensive purchases and not to mention signature differences.

I hope Audeze can use the Classic to reinvent their LCD-3F which I found the Classic to be better than myself. Been listening to the classics all morning and enjoying some low bass songs. Vocals are still disappointing though female voices just seem to hit a barrier and admittedly they're not the most engaging headphones but this is seriously some nice clean bass! The LCD-4 also struggles from this a little bit but it's very capable.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. JKDJedi
    Hope its not true..I was just noticing how great female vocals sound on the HD650/HD6XX..lol, maybe a great combo to own both? #Firstworldproblems :)

7. wazzupi
    Yeah i didn't like female vocals within the first 3 weeks but they appeared to open up for me towards the 4th week of use. I mentioned revisiting zombie by the cranberries and i didn't hear what had made the song almost unbearable when i first received my lcd2c. But i don't listen to much female vocals with thst being said.

Bob Foster likes this.
  8. JKDJedi
    A Halloween must play for me! Zombie... Zombie... Love it. RIP. :frowning2:

9. MusicalParadise
    That’s why they’re great compliments. The LCD-2C improves upon the HD600 series weakness which is clean bass, present sub bass, smoother overall timbre and the HD600 series picks up on the LCD-2Cs weakness which is vocal presence, treble smoothness and impact. I like to use the 2Cs mostly when I want everything to be away from me, they’re quite muted sounding so I find when you’re stressed they do a good job of not forcing the music on you of that makes sense. A great thing about the 2C is they’re more new listener friendly in that you can get most of their performance on a more budget friendly amp where as the HD800 and HD600 series need a much more expensive amp with good resolution and tonal qualities to perform good. I would argue if you like the 600 series type of sound and want to keep the great kids it would be better to put LCD-2C money into a better amp and it will perform better than the 2C overall minus the inherent weakness of bass but then again the LCD-2C is a different sounding headphone and not everyone feels comfortable spending lots on an amp.Vocals aren’t terrible on the 2C but they’re not great and I feel a lot of emotion is stripped away. Male voices sound okay but the highlight is the bass and mostly smooth timbre.

Bob Foster, givemetacos and JKDJedi like this.
  10. gLer
    Seems from all the chatter so far that the LCD-2C is quite different to the 2016 2F. My aluminum 2F is neither muted nor restrained, and have ample treble energy, even on the warmer amps I like to use. Which is quite strange since I believe the 2C and latest 2F share the same drivers. Interesting.

11. MusicalParadise
    In my experience with the 2016 LCD-2s I’ve had I found them the worst in terms of how they handle the human voice the timbre was way off. That said like all impressions YMMV and it’s possible the latest 2F made recently perform similar to the 2C.

12. inmytaxi
    There was a huge snow storm over thataway.

13. JKDJedi
    My understanding is that the classics are prefazor sounding or are non fazor..
    Probably already posted ten times here in this thread..
    "Since its release in 2009, our original LCD2 headphone has been an industry favorite amongst passionate listeners everywhere.

Audeze proudly presents a new take on our classic LCD2 design. The new LCD2c headphone comes with a lightweight suspension headband, special crystal-infused nylon rings, remodeled audio jacks, and features the slightly warm sound signature of the original LCD2 driver."
    So.. With that said what does it mean? As far as which drivers it has and what are crystal infused nylon rings? O. o

14. Voxata

I'll be comparing both Monday, I have extensive ear time on the 560.

Also, the rings are plastic supposedly. Audeze is funny.. lol

JKDJedi likes this.
  15. MusicalParadise
    LCD-2C over the 560 any day.

JKDJedi likes this.
First

Back
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138
Next

Last