Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #92 of 7,334
Thanks for that. How would you say they compare to a non-razor LCD-2 then?

As it is, it sounds like the X2 is in the LCD-2 "ballpark", which makes it a great value considering the price differential. I'm thinking the LCD-2C might make for a more 'refined' X2 replacement, or possibly even a complement, much like the ZMF Atticus would make for a more refined replacement/complement for the Fostex TH-X00. Those four (having only heard the original LCD-2 and not the LCD-2C) seem to be the headphones that not only match my sound preferences, but are also the best bang-for-buck of all the headphones I've been fortunate enough to hear.
But is the LCD-2C identical to LCD2 in soundstage, timbre, and transparency. If it is the lighter version of LCD2 then its worth buying it.

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #93 of 7,334
The ‘original’ LCD2 is being compared to the X2. How the 2C will sound is pure speculation at this stage.
Sure. I am basically looking for a 2nd HP to Compliment my HD800. I have my thoughts on the Audeze & Focal Clear. Ultimately it will all depend upon which sounds the best. Will have to wait for some more impressions from owners before taking a decision.

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #94 of 7,334
20 ohms

101db/ 1mW

A major selling point. Initially I found the LCD-2.2 lacking in drive with the gear I owned at the time (Fiio E10, E11, JDS Labs 02). I even tried some other midfi Burson stuff and found it marginally better. Then I went on to hook these and the Hifiman's up to speaker amps and these came alive, along with the rest of the planars! Looks like I can avoid all of that hassle this time around.

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #96 of 7,334
Sure. I am basically looking for a 2nd HP to Compliment my HD800. I have my thoughts on the Audeze & Focal Clear. Ultimately it will all depend upon which sounds the best. Will have to wait for some more impressions from owners before taking a decision.

Go Audeze if you want a different flavor of sound (Bright HD800s vs Warm LCDs). However, it may sound really dark to you since you're coming from a really bright headphone. Especially since these are to mimic the pre-fazor versions.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #97 of 7,334
20 ohms

101db/ 1mW

A major selling point. Initially I found the LCD-2.2 lacking in drive with the gear I owned at the time (Fiio E10, E11, JDS Labs 02). I even tried some other midfi Burson stuff and found it marginally better. Then I went on to hook these and the Hifiman's up to speaker amps and these came alive, along with the rest of the planars! Looks like I can avoid all of that hassle this time around.
Optimal power is still rated 1-4w for LCD2C. I don't think that portable gear can get it right

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #100 of 7,334
That is basically what I am waiting to find out. Can my dap drive them? We'll see...

my cowon plenue s drives lcd x with great authority so I assume lcd2c would be the same

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #101 of 7,334
That is basically what I am waiting to find out. Can my dap drive them? We'll see...

You have a $3,000 DAP. I would be more surprised if it can't...

As a reference, my DX200 can drive my 300 ohm Atticus headphones via balanced.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #104 of 7,334
Yes but does it sound as good as if driven by an amp?

You asked if it can drive them. Whether or not it sounds better from an amp compared to your DAP will be up to you.

But generally speaking, I was very pleased with how my TH-900's sounded from my DX200's AMP3 BAL OUT and how it had a fair amount of headroom in terms of volume (80/150). They have similar specs as well.

TH-900
25 ohm
100dB / mW

Audeze LCD2C
20 ohms
101dB / mW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back