Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #721 of 7,334
This seems exactly what I’ve been looking for...didn’t want light saber treble and decaf bass. Sounds like it’s tuned for maximum musical enjoyment.
Well I haven't taken them off yet today, so they definitely aren't fatiguing!

They only seem to be getting better the longer I wear them which might be a music lover's dream :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #723 of 7,334
Just excited to know that there is a backup plan in case my unicorn LCD2s ever kick the dust.

Awesome so many get to enjoy this for a great price too.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #725 of 7,334
Bingo!

I like to think of it as the LCD-2C brute forces it's way through music and the LCD-2F delicately and precisely makes it's way through the music. In otherwords the 2F is refined, but the 2C is the bassy and warm LCD-2 a lot of people grew to love.
The original LCD-2 was described as laid back easy listening, which doesn’t quite equate with brute force. Maybe you meant something different but by your description the LCD-2C is “fun” and the LCD-2F is refined and laid back. Is that how you’d describe it?

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #728 of 7,334
The original LCD-2 was described as laid back easy listening, which doesn’t quite equate with brute force. Maybe you meant something different but by your description the LCD-2C is “fun” and the LCD-2F is refined and laid back. Is that how you’d describe it?
That's a good way to put it, the LCD-2C is more "Fun" while the LCD-2F is almost more serious and refined.

I was mostly referring to how the bass responds to slight bumps in the EQ. The LCD-2C takes the bass to what's perceived by my ears as a higher quantity of bass and just shoves it through (not in a bad way.) While on the other hand when you give a slight bump to LCD-2F bass region it doesn't respond as vigorously, it's more of an even and refined tone.

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #729 of 7,334
That's a good way to put it, the LCD-2C is more "Fun" while the LCD-2F is almost more serious and refined.

I was mostly referring to how the bass responds to slight bumps in the EQ. The LCD-2C takes the bass to what's perceived by my ears as a higher quantity of bass and just shoves it through (not in a bad way.) While on the other hand when you give a slight bump to LCD-2F bass region it doesn't respond as vigorously, it's more of an even and refined tone.
The LCD-2C almost sounds like my Atticus (but without EQ to pump up the bass). In which case I’ll be very happy that I have one of each :)

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #730 of 7,334
Protein Leather is synthetic leather made with a special type of resin as well as egg shell protein.

synthetic leather is no "leather". It's synthetic.It would be the same to call vegan burgers "synthetic meat".

Dec 17, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #733 of 7,334
For those with their LCD-2c's already, how do your amps fair with them as far as power/clock position? I'm thinking of replacing my UD-301 with a JDS Labs O2+ODAC or a Benchmark DAC1 for more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back