Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #707 of 7,334
Hmmm very warm is kinda concerned me. Mine will be delivered on Wednesday.
How is this compared to LCD-2F?
Well these kind of remind me of my old unicorn LCD-2's that were made in 2011 or 2012 if I remember right.

I'm noticing that I can play these at insane volumes without hurting my ears if that explains how warm they are. (I normally listen to stuff pretty quietly) I'd call this listening to a chocolate waterfall. It's warm and thick but still sweet enough to satisfy. Another way I'd put it is analog, very classic rock sounding, tubes without tubes.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #709 of 7,334
Yes, I got the email today. I think they are shipping them in the order that they received, which is the right thing to do.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #710 of 7,334
How are pads compared to the leather ones on the LCD-2? Comfortable and soft?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone but I like the pads better than the more "premium" alternatives that Audeze has.

The pads seem to be squishier than the other Audeze pads in the past, I might just be delusional but it feels like something with padding has changed. I feel like the more squishier pads increase comfort level which is something the LCD series desperately needed.

As far as the quality goes the pads feel a lot like the lambskin leather, very soft and comfortable. I haven't had any heat issues with these pads but then again it's currently 64 degrees F (winter) in my house. So if I had to sum it up I'd say the pads pass my expectation.

The headband as I mentioned before transforms the LCD-2C's. These headphones are so much more comfortable, I could probably wear them all day. Weight is not an issue anymore, no hot spots on the top of my head.

*edit* Don't wanna forget the cable either, this cable is leaps better than the old cable. It's flexible, appropriate length, attractive looking, overall great upgrade.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #715 of 7,334
Spoiler alert : It will sound warmer and a bit bassier. That's the sound Audeze is going with LCD-2C, it's not that much of a mystery...
Bingo!

I like to think of it as the LCD-2C brute forces it's way through music and the LCD-2F delicately and precisely makes it's way through the music. In otherwords the 2F is refined, but the 2C is the bassy and warm LCD-2 a lot of people grew to love.

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #716 of 7,334
One thing I want to note is that the LCD-2C took me a little bit of time to adjust to their sound. At first when I put them on I was like wow this might be too warm but once your ears are heated by the warmth of the 2C they are quite wonderful...

I'm looking forward to hearing what some other lucky LCD-2C owners have to say so that I'm not the only guy out here giving my impressions to the masses. I feel like Tyll or Jude right now!

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #718 of 7,334
Related to the discussion about balanced cables, Periapt cables has a 5 ft 4-pin XLR for Audeze HPs for $64 and 7 ft for $76. Link is:

https://periaptcables.com/collections/frontpage/products/professional-xlr-pro-xlr

I have 2 balanced cables from them. 1 for HD650 for 1 for Hifiman 2.5mm. I like them and consider them quality and affordable. 1 leg of my HD650 cables is 1/4" to 3/8" longer than the other. In a perfect world they would exactly match in length, but not a bid deal in the grand scheme of things.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #719 of 7,334
Right now, I am listening to random Star Wars sound tracks using the new klipsch heritage amp. The sound stage, detail, and separation are blowing me away. Things that come to mind are fluidity and gooeyness. Treble is just right and bass is quick, deep and hits low rumbles. It definitely suits my own tastes and expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back