Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #271 of 7,334
So it is going to cost as much as the LCD-2 from Adorama?

I can’t find the Adorama special any more, but if it’s still on, then it’s actually BETTER value than the LCD-2C because it comes with the $125 hard case that the 2C does not.

The deal is still on at Adorama.
Aluminum: https://www.adorama.com/aulcd2latc.html?sdtid=10657236&emailprice=t&utm_medium=
Shedua: https://www.adorama.com/au1l2102001.html?sdtid=10657236&emailprice=t&utm_medium=

I ordered one myself about a week ago (arrives today) after a week of deciding between this deal and the LCD-2C. This particular deal has been around for at least 3 weeks already, but I don't know if that is a sign that it will continue to be available for a while or if it's set to expire any day now.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #272 of 7,334
Aluminum: https://www.adorama.com/aulcd2latc.html?sdtid=10657236&emailprice=t&utm_medium=
Shedua: https://www.adorama.com/au1l2102001.html?sdtid=10657236&emailprice=t&utm_medium=

I ordered one myself about a week ago (arrives today) after a week of deciding between this deal and the LCD-2C. This particular deal has been around for at least 3 weeks already, but I don't know if that is a sign that it will continue to be available for a while or if it's set to expire any day now.
That’s great. It’s an amazing deal, better actually than the 2C to be honest. Which version did you order (alu or wood). I have to say when I saw the alu version I thought they looked absolutely stunning, and when I got my pair, I knew it too! :)

Look forward to your impressions - pls post them here when you get a chance. Enjoy and congrats!

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #273 of 7,334
That’s great. It’s an amazing deal, better actually than the 2C to be honest. Which version did you order (alu or wood). I have to say when I saw the alu version I thought they looked absolutely stunning, and when I got my pair, I knew it too! :)

Look forward to your impressions - pls post them here when you get a chance. Enjoy and congrats!

I spent a lot of time trying to decide between the two. I went with aluminum over the shedua. It was probably a tie between the two for looks for me, but aluminum seems to be much lower maintenance. I would have taken the rosewood over either of them in a heartbeat though.

Also, there does seem to be a 2017 version of the LCD-2 with an updated cable, different badging, and a different travel case. I'm not sure if anything has changed about the sound, but the YouTube reviewer x Army Firedawg x has a unboxing of the 2017 and an upcoming review of it. So, we shall see. But, this may mean a clearancing out of the 2016 versions, in which case, the $650 pricetag may stick around for a while. Pure conjecture on my part, but one can hope.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #274 of 7,334
I spent a lot of time trying to decide between the two. I went with aluminum over the shedua. It was probably a tie between the two for looks for me, but aluminum seems to be much lower maintenance. I would have taken the rosewood over either of them in a heartbeat though.

Also, there does seem to be a 2017 version of the LCD-2 with an updated cable, different badging, and a different travel case. I'm not sure if anything has changed about the sound, but the YouTube reviewer x Army Firedawg x has a unboxing of the 2017 and an upcoming review of it. So, we shall see. But, this may mean a clearancing out of the 2016 versions, in which case, the $650 pricetag may stick around for a while. Pure conjecture on my part, but one can hope.
Good choice! You won’t be dissapointed - they’re beautiful. I’d go as far as to say the best looking LCDs other than the XC (Bocote). I’ve heard and seen far too many instances of cracked LCD wood rings - no thanks!

I reckon once the LCD-2C hits normal pricing ($799) you’ll see the $995 price tag stick (other than the occasional sale of course).

Look forward to seeing if there are any surprises in store come Black Friday...

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #275 of 7,334

This is a great bargain. But the aluminium ones are $995. Wish its price too should have been lower.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #276 of 7,334
AA63A349-BDA2-4EEC-B01E-9B0714337C28.jpeg
This is a great bargain. But the aluminium ones are $995. Wish its price too should have been lower.
Nope, $649. Follow the first link.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #277 of 7,334
I would think the aluminum one would be lighter than the wood one. Note however that the ones on Adorama do not have the headband suspension pad like the new LCD2 Classic does. This pad makes big difference in comfort.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #278 of 7,334
I would think the aluminum one would be lighter than the wood one. Note however that the ones on Adorama do not have the headband suspension pad like the new LCD2 Classic does. This pad makes big difference in comfort.
Actually the aluminum is heavier believe it or not. I got a Lohb strap with mine. Problem solved :) (I had a 3-hour fatigue-free session with them last night).

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #279 of 7,334
The issue is that the deal is through an affiliate link. I eliminated the affiliate portion of the link, but for some reason the new link only works part of the time. Lots of Adorama deals are that way, unfortunately. The deal exists, I promise.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #280 of 7,334
Actually the aluminum is heavier believe it or not. I got a Lohb strap with mine. Problem solved :) (I had a 3-hour fatigue-free session with them last night).

So that Lohb strap... Can you tell me a bit about that? Looks like it's in addition to the stock headband, think it would work better than the LCD-2C headband? Also, is it secured with elastic?

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #281 of 7,334
So that Lohb strap... Can you tell me a bit about that? Looks like it's in addition to the stock headband, think it would work better than the LCD-2C headband? Also, is it secured with elastic?
Yes it's used in addition to the stock band, and essentially gives you a wide suspension strap (using elastics) that distributes the weight evenly and takes a lot of the pressure off your scalp. It's made well (real cowhide leather) by a well-known HF member, Lohb (hence the name). You can check it out on this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sus...pha-dog-paradox-fostex-t50-rp-modders.729774/

Not sure how you order, maybe PM him. Last time I checked it was around $40.I'll be honest, it's not as "sleek" looking as the CF or suspension headband (which replaces the stock band), but it's super effective and you'll be grateful every time you put on the headphones and go "ahhhh...".

Looks like the pic (not my pic).

lohb.jpg

PS. if anyone had both the Lohb and the suspension headband, I'd love to get impressions on which one is more comfy and/or effective.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #282 of 7,334
I think I prefer the black look of the Classic over the aluminum or Shedua version, though like someone else mentioned, I’d probably jump on Rosewood.

And the suspension band is enough for me to choose the Classic over the Adorama deal. I’ll probably never use a case, but idk about that.

I wonder when we will start receiving emails about our pre orders.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #285 of 7,334
I don't keep up with the version. I don't know what 2.2 blah blah.... What I do know is Audeze has one of, if not the best customer service in The industry. Also, these headphones come with a 3 year warranty. Match that with their customer service and it's golden and a no brainer.

Food for thought.
Name 10 big hitters and call their customer service ( not sales ) and see what happens. I've never done it but I think you'll be shocked that most company's do not even have a telephone number on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back