Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #245 of 7,331
Do you have a copy of the email? Please share!

LCD2 Classic
Reinventing a Classic

Since its release in 2009, our original LCD2 headphone has been an industry favorite amongst passionate listeners everywhere.

We are unveiling a new take on our classic LCD2 design. The new LCD2 Classic headphone comes with a lightweight suspension headband, special crystal-infused nylon rings, remodeled audio jacks, and features the slightly warm sound signature of the original LCD2 driver.

The LCD2 Classic, which will retail for $799, is now being offered at a $599 Holiday Special price. Preorders are being at accepted Audeze.com with shipments starting in mid-December.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #246 of 7,331
I just entered the pre-order it only took my email address, first & last name. Guessing there will be a follow-up email to finish the order? Seems kind of weird to 'pre-order' without entering any CC info

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #247 of 7,331
20 ohms

101db/ 1mW

A major selling point. Initially I found the LCD-2.2 lacking in drive with the gear I owned at the time (Fiio E10, E11, JDS Labs 02). I even tried some other midfi Burson stuff and found it marginally better. Then I went on to hook these and the Hifiman's up to speaker amps and these came alive, along with the rest of the planars! Looks like I can avoid all of that hassle this time around.

Well, now the website shows the impedance as 70 ohms, the same as the current Fazor LCD-2. I'd also like to confirm the weight and any other changes.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #248 of 7,331
No carbon fiber headband.. :frowning2:

They updated the site and removed it from the features. It now reads

Spring Steel Suspension Headband

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-8_14-11-33.png
    upload_2017-11-8_14-11-33.png
    327 bytes · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #249 of 7,331
I just entered the pre-order it only took my email address, first & last name. Guessing there will be a follow-up email to finish the order? Seems kind of weird to 'pre-order' without entering any CC info

Yep, I think they are just collecting email addresses and will email us later.

Well, now the website shows the impedance as 70 ohms, the same as the current Fazor LCD-2. I'd also like to confirm the weight and any other changes.

I believe these are basically the same left over drivers, just in a slightly different and lighter non-wood housing design.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #250 of 7,331
I believe these are basically the same left over drivers, just in a slightly different and lighter non-wood housing design.

I don't remember the LCD-2.2 being that high. I remember it being around 50 ohms. Still, it'd be great to get confirmation if whether these are left over drivers, or something new that is based on the old design. I think this has two important implications for quality control.

1) Driver failure potential

2) Consistency from pair-to-pair

If these are newer, I'd expect that the consistency has improved over the years.

If anyone is in touch with Audeze and can get a reply, I'd like to have an answer for this.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #251 of 7,331
Audeze rep i met in person at hi-fi show told me Canucks would not get this chance. Unless you ship to a rented box in Buffalo. I think he meant the last bit as tongue in cheek remark. To say, you probably need to ship to a friend in U.S.

Us Canucks get left out on too many things like this! :p

Any changes?

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #252 of 7,331
Audeze rep i met in person at hi-fi show told me Canucks would not get this chance. Unless you ship to a rented box in Buffalo. I think he meant the last bit as tongue in cheek remark. To say, you probably need to ship to a friend in U.S.

Us Canucks get left out on too many things like this! :p

Any changes?

Maybe you an use a forwarding service like: https://www.shipito.com/en/?countrycode=US

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #255 of 7,331
Seriously, no Canada???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back