Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,591 of 7,334
I got the LCD 2 classic last week and have been listening to it with the the Modi Multibit and Vali 2. Schitt's stock tube doesn't match the 2c as well as my Gold Lion E88CC upgrade. Zappa's guitar sounds like candy though these! I much prefer it to my memory of the m1060 which I felt was detailed and clear but lacking ... something. These have good bass though a bit more exaggeration than I anticipated. Still a nice sound and I can hear all the instruments individually without getting in each others space.

I find them much more comfortable on the head than the m1060, the weight on top and on the ears is much lighter. The larger opening on the ear pad is better as well. The cord is the best I've experienced with regards to microphonics. I like the way they handle and feel in the hand.

My main complaint is that the drivers are significantly out of balance. Not sure why but the right side is a few db down. They're going back. Not sure if I should buy a second pair or give up ... I don't wanna spend this much on phones anyway ...

I've tried switching the xlr jacks and the left sidecontinues to put out more db, so it's not any recording, component or wires / connections. I switched sides on my head and it's not my hearing either.

Has anyone noticed this at all?

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,592 of 7,334
I've found the comfort to have improved over time, especially as the earpads broke in. Less vacuum effect now. Good to see the same experience carry from the old leather line. These are surprisingly resolving enough. They may not make it very obvious like other headphones, but they keep up. Some of the testing I used the HD 800 for, it can still be replicated on the 2C.

I've been using them without any EQ or the Reveal for the LCD-2. I like them stock for long sessions.

These go deep quite well! http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #1,593 of 7,334
I'm really interested in these headphones, but do like my bass.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before--but can anyone contrast the LCD-2C's to the ZMF Omni/Ori?

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #1,594 of 7,334
I'm really interested in these headphones, but do like my bass.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before--but can anyone contrast the LCD-2C's to the ZMF Omni/Ori?
Not sure how useful this is because I’m not sure how much more (or less?) bass the 2C has over the latest 2F - and I haven’t heard the Ori - but I can tell you the 2F has notably less bass than the ZMF Atticus but it also has more balance and texture and probably digs a little deeper. Again not really sure how useful that is, but in my estimation, and knowing Zach’s penchant for solid bass, I doubt the 2C would have more bass, but probably different and equally pleasing.

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #1,595 of 7,334
Anybody have input on how the LCD2C compares to the Focal Clear? I'm contemplating selling the LCD-2C, perhaps the Audeze house sound isn't for me. For reference the HD800 S is my favorite headphone.
A closed hp you might have interest in are the zmf eikon I'll be receiving a pair next week

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #1,596 of 7,334
A closed hp you might have interest in are the zmf eikon I'll be receiving a pair next week

Eikon is the best headphone I ever heard. Can't say enough good things about it.

Then again, it's not an open design. There's something really special about an open HP. That, plus my great experience w/planar sound (via ZMF Ori) is why I'm interested in the LDC-2C.

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #1,597 of 7,334
Eikon is the best headphone I ever heard. Can't say enough good things about it.

Then again, it's not an open design. There's something really special about an open HP. That, plus my great experience w/planar sound (via ZMF Ori) is why I'm interested in the LDC-2C.
I'm glad to hear such praise hehe LCD-2c aeon open flow ive got decisions to make on what to sell all i can say right now is ly neck better get ready lol it's neck day everyday hehe

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #1,598 of 7,334

I love my lcd2c easily the best 600 dollar hp and i preferred it to the lcd2f on a hugo2 at the shop i demoed they let me bring my lcd2c and the Lcd2c scaled better.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #1,599 of 7,334
I'm glad to hear such praise hehe LCD-2c aeon open flow ive got decisions to make on what to sell all i can say right now is ly neck better get ready lol it's neck day everyday hehe
I wanted to buy an AEON Flow Open due to many rave reviews. Then the LCD-2C came along with the special price and I thought maybe I'll get that instead, but I'm concerned about the lack of reviews. So I thought about getting both AFO and LCD-2C, but now I'm thinking that $1400 would be better spent on a Focal Clear.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,600 of 7,334
I wanted to buy an AEON Flow Open due to many rave reviews. Then the LCD-2C came along with the special price and I thought maybe I'll get that instead, but I'm concerned about the lack of reviews. So I thought about getting both AFO and LCD-2C, but now I'm thinking that $1400 would be better spent on a Focal Clear.
I think you'll find a more compelling match of the lcd2c or afo and clear vs getting both afo and lcd2c.

AFO has more impact or mid bass and Lcd2c has more sub bass that's the bass they both specialize in basically lcd2c has a dark signature bigger images larger soundstage. AFO has liquid mids vocals sound better better mid bass overall good imaging but im starting to like and prefer the lcd2c. I enjoyed the AFO because of weight comfort and how it sounded like a superior HD650.

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,601 of 7,334
I think you'll find a more compelling match of the lcd2c or afo and clear vs getting both afo and lcd2c.

AFO has more impact or mid bass and Lcd2c has more sub bass that's the bass they both specialize in basically lcd2c has a dark signature bigger images larger soundstage. AFO has liquid mids vocals sound better better mid bass overall good imaging but im starting to like and prefer the lcd2c. I enjoyed the AFO because of weight comfort and how it sounded like a superior HD650.

Glad to hear you enjoy both. If you want to sell your AFO, shoot me PM. I miss my afo (bought as presents for my parents). I live in north florida.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,602 of 7,334
Thanks for your help @wazzupi
I think I’m going to...
My preferred sound signature is the HD650 and what I probably need most is a SUPER HD650.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #1,603 of 7,334
This has prolly been addressed several times so forgive the repetitive question....

I used to own the PF LCD2.2 and was pretty underwhelmed with the mids,but loved the bass extension...
Is there any reason for me to look into the new classics,or is it literally the same headphone with a new name and price tag?

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #1,604 of 7,334
I did a comparison between the LCD2C/Ifi micro DSD VS Sony MDR-Z7/PHA3, that a 70mm close back headphone, back to back with the same song just one play 1 second apart. The LDC2C are no slouch when it come to bass, they both hit hard both almost have the same speed but LCD2C will stay constant where the Z7 will loose control on some songs but overall they have the same sound signature, Small thing separate the two the LCD2C have better vocal, the vocal sound more upfront with quality music the LCD2C suck with low bitrate streaming . Spotify and the LCD2C don't mix, If you want to stream music i would go with Google Play Music sound much better then Spotify.
10054157_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6209C.jpg
    DSC_6209C.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #1,605 of 7,334
This has prolly been addressed several times so forgive the repetitive question....

I used to own the PF LCD2.2 and was pretty underwhelmed with the mids,but loved the bass extension...
Is there any reason for me to look into the new classics,or is it literally the same headphone with a new name and price tag?
I think the lcd2c might be a technically better headphone with non fazor sound Sig ? But im assuming things i prefer the lcd2c to the lcd2f

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back