Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #138 of 7,334
I've found people describe them as "neutral in a different way" which is an oxymoron but...

I definitely agree with you on this. Every headphones represent music different way, I like Atticus and M1060 (Fazor, pads, paper napkin mods) music presentation :)
I definitely interested on LCD2C, hope Santa nice to me this Christmas.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #139 of 7,334
I definitely agree with you on this. Every headphones represent music different way, I like Atticus and M1060 (Fazor, pads, paper napkin mods) music presentation :)
I definitely interested on LCD2C, hope Santa nice to me this Christmas.
If Santa has any left in stock in his bag!!!! :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #141 of 7,334
LCD-2 is dark in general. Although, it still sparkles with right amplification, which makes it superb. HD 800 stock is bright. With Sonarworks type of EQ, the HD 800 is a lot better. That'd be a better comparison to the LCD-2.

I also really liked the comfort of the LCD-2's earcups. They weren't as wide as the HD 800, but deeper and very plush. More comfortable than the HD 800 for me when wearing glasses. The LCD-2 was noticeably harder at the top of the head and needed an attachable pad to help resolve (to an extent) that issue.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #142 of 7,334
LCD-2 is dark in general. Although, it still sparkles with right amplification, which makes it superb. HD 800 stock is bright. With Sonarworks type of EQ, the HD 800 is a lot better. That'd be a better comparison to the LCD-2.

I also really liked the comfort of the LCD-2's earcups. They weren't as wide as the HD 800, but deeper and very plush. More comfortable than the HD 800 for me when wearing glasses. The LCD-2 was noticeably harder at the top of the head and needed an attachable pad to help resolve (to an extent) that issue.

From my experience Burson products definitely make Audeze's sound signature strengths shine through.
The holographic soundstage is even more pronounced, enveloping, and the bass even more punchy and more controlled.
I can't recommend them enough.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #143 of 7,334
except the LCD2 are selling for $460 on r/avexchange
Not gonna lie, I jumped on one of those deals last week. Carribean Rosewood finish with new pads. The LCD-2C seems like a steal and a half... But for the finish I've always wanted and the extra goodies mine came with, it's hard to argue that price.

Plus, the 2C isn't here now and I'm a sucker for wood finishes. Go figure. :)

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #147 of 7,334
Apparently so - preorders already sold out online! They’re going to sell these babies faster than they can make them...

They didn't do preorders.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #149 of 7,334

Users who are viewing this thread

Back