Audez'e LCD 2 vs beats PRO by dr dre WITHOUT AMP
Dec 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #31 of 68

Quote:
I have LCD2 and had beats (Pro and Studio) at the same time.

Since you are comparing beats to almighty LCD2, I bet you are not an audiophile, however you should definitely hear the difference in between LCD2 and beats straight from iPod/iPhone/iPad etc.

LCD2, trust me, you don't need an amp you can still hear and get a decent volume. 
Of course by adding an amp and dac will improve the quality.

So to answer your question (not sure if this is a joke) but LCD2 is definitely better, in it's a shame to compare these two headphones.

:wink:

well that what i was  looking for thanks i Decided to buy LCD-2 

Quote:
Hang on a sec, OP are you gonna use these headphones at home only, or on the go? Because I think the LCD 2 is open, which makes them terrible for portable listening.

home , i wont use it outside 

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #32 of 68
Make sure to get an amp and dac, also upgrade cables.

That will add another good $2k to $3k :)

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #33 of 68
^ Oh ok, yeah then open headphones are definitely the way to go. Was gonna advise you against the Beats in that case, but I see you've decided on the LCD-2. Hope you like them.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #34 of 68
Yea why would you get the Beats for indoor use? I thought the whole point of their marketing was for people to show off their nice new $300 necklace xD

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #36 of 68

Quote:
Yea why would you get the Beats for indoor use? I thought the whole point of their marketing was for people to show off their nice new $300 necklace xD

Hahaha, I agree.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #37 of 68
If you want to brag that you bought an expensive headphone by purchasing Beats, try one level higher.

Get Ultrasone Edition 8 unlimited edition with Piccolino cables. :xf_eek:

Or just wear Stax over your neck :wink:

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #38 of 68
Forget both, the LCD-2 will not come close to it's potential driven by an iPad and the Beats, though they look cool, are way overpriced and have thumping base but little else in the way of sound. Go to the Apple store and listen the the Bowers & Wilkins P5. They have good sound, the iPad will drive them and they're reasonably portable. The MSRP is $300, however they can frequently be found here in the FS forum for less than $200. Good luck. 
51EtZtQE8%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #39 of 68
Quote:
the LCD-2 will not come close to it's potential driven by an iPad

Any reason for that? 102 dB might not be enough for quiet recordings, but should suffice for anything modern at any reasonable listening volume. Output impedance is plenty low. Distortion and noise will probably be fairly good.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #40 of 68

Quote:
If you want to brag that you bought an expensive headphone by purchasing Beats, try one level higher.

I thought chrome beats was one level higher. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #42 of 68

Quote:

well that what i was  looking for thanks i Decided to buy LCD-2 

home , i wont use it outside 

I don't beleive you. Please post pictures of your purchase.

You are just wasting members time with your threads. There is a search fuction. Learn how to use it.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #43 of 68

Quote:
Forget both, the LCD-2 will not come close to it's potential driven by an iPad and the Beats, though they look cool, are way overpriced and have thumping base but little else in the way of sound. Go to the Apple store and listen the the Bowers & Wilkins P5. They have good sound, the iPad will drive them and they're reasonably portable. The MSRP is $300, however they can frequently be found here in the FS forum for less than $200. Good luck. 
51EtZtQE8%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

thank you for your suggestion , well the thing is i will buy amp eventually maybe after 2 month or so, i am thinking of Fiio product that they will release e15 , what i heard  of E9  it can power the LCD2 to 80-85% so logically the new thing  it will drive the lcd to the maximum!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #44 of 68
Yes.... logically

Users who are viewing this thread

Back