Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #17,311 of 18,459
lcd-2 question - anyone know how the mini xlr terminals are attached to the wood?  i noticed one of mine is sticking out (not flush against the wood)  It clearly came like this and i just didnt notice until i started recabling, but being the stickler I am, I'd love to fix this, but i dont want to mess it up in case its clued in.

also, how do you take off the pads?

thanks

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #17,312 of 18,459
lcd-2 question - anyone know how the mini xlr terminals are attached to the wood?  i noticed one of mine is sticking out (not flush against the wood)  It clearly came like this and i just didnt notice until i started recabling, but being the stickler I am, I'd love to fix this, but i dont want to mess it up in case its clued in.

thanks

They are sticking out for a reason so I would leave them well alone. Looking at mine, if they were flush then the ends of the cable terminations would be hitting my body which my break or bend them. As the are they do not touch.

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #17,313 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

thanks

They are sticking out for a reason so I would leave them well alone. Looking at mine, if they were flush then the ends of the cable terminations would be hitting my body which my break or bend them. As the are they do not touch.

thats no what i meant.. i realize they are supposed to stick out, but they have  a lip that sits flush on the wood, and one of mine is sticking out - it is not flush with the lip..

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #17,314 of 18,459
They are threaded and screw into the wood so it is hard to have them flush and also allow the connection to be in the right place. It is more of chance. There is a spot of glue to hold them in place once threaded in but that often doesn't hold. The ear pads are held on with adhesive, not optimal, IMO, but it works.

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #17,315 of 18,459

Quote:
They are threaded and screw into the wood so it is hard to have them flush and also allow the connection to be in the right place. It is more of chance. There is a spot of glue to hold them in place once threaded in but that often doesn't hold. The ear pads are held on with adhesive, not optimal, IMO, but it works.

hmmm well watcha gonna do.. if thats the only "issue" these things have I'm fine with that.. the craftsmanship of these headphones is so superb i dont thing i have anything to be concerned with.  just my meticulous eye.. ill have to learn to ignore it. :wink:

i thought the earpads must be adhesived on there... so... is that all that holds them on?   how do you change them?

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #17,316 of 18,459

Quote:

hmmm well watcha gonna do.. if thats the only "issue" these things have I'm fine with that.. the craftsmanship of these headphones is so superb i dont thing i have anything to be concerned with.  just my meticulous eye.. ill have to learn to ignore it. :wink:

i thought the earpads must be adhesived on there... so... is that all that holds them on?   how do you change them?

You carefully peal them off. I have done it and been able to adhere the same pads back on. It is like a double sided tape. I agree about the connectors. I used to have a cabinet ship and had to have everything fit exactly right. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #17,317 of 18,459

Quote:
BitPerfect (£2.99) and Audirvana (free) both have hog mode which is essential for top quality playback.

BitPerfect is an invisible app that sits behind iTunes, bar the system icon, you'd never know it was there. Well worth a punt at that price. Loving the sound from it.

Quote:
Have just bought after the above recommendation and fully agree.

Does Bitperfect update the data in the iTune list?

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #17,318 of 18,459
Quote:
Does Bitperfect update the data in the iTune list?

Dude keep it on topic!
triportsad.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/t/553416/bitperfect-was-audirvana-alternatives

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #17,319 of 18,459
Hmmm.  I think if the thread is allowed to go on endlessly about the creamy texture of the r.1 it might be allowed to divert a bit for one LCD user to another to discuss some quick software for use with the LCD in a rig.   

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #17,321 of 18,459
Hmmm.  I think if the thread is allowed to go on endlessly about the creamy texture of the r.1 it might be allowed to divert a bit for one LCD user to another to discuss some quick software for use with the LCD in a rig.   

Or perhaps those post that go on an on about the extra clarity of the R2's and how now all of a sudden the headphones they eulogized before have now become dark and lacking! Also, this is a thread about the LCD2's and not different cables. it is all but useless for someone to read about these phones only to then realize what they have read is based upon non standard cables. Some people just want to know what the stock headphones sound like, i think there is another thread dedicated to cables.

Personally I think both camps have been given more than enough ground and this thread is all but useless for people who want to research the LCD headphones as it is just page upon page of the same thing. The great thing about closing this thread is there will be no more of the same old stuff to wade through any more or any chance from people of either camp saying their version is better than the other one!

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #17,322 of 18,459

Quote:
Or perhaps those post that go on an on about the extra clarity of the R2's and how now all of a sudden the headphones they eulogized before have now become dark and lacking! Also, this is a thread about the LCD2's and not different cables. it is all but useless for someone to read about these phones only to then realize what they have read is based upon non standard cables. Some people just want to know what the stock headphones sound like, i think there is another thread dedicated to cables.

Personally I think both camps have been given more than enough ground and this thread is all but useless for people who want to research the LCD headphones as it is just page upon page of the same thing. The great thing about closing this thread is there will be no more of the same old stuff to wade through any more or any chance from people of either camp saying their version is better than the other one!

Why so defensive? Impressions of the rev.2 are certainly pertinent. There shouldn't be a limit to the number of people expressing their preference to it, or the rev.1 for that matter (if they've heard both, or clearly state they're making assumptions if only having heard the one).

What's made this thread tiresome of late though is the immature spam from one member who is openly trolling everyone here with obnoxiously elitist posts. Members who spam the superiority of one over the other without having heard both is also a chore to filter.

Calls to close this thread are misplaced though. Trolling should be reported and OT discussions politely asked to move elsewhere. If you still can't abide the discussions stay out of the thread. Simple.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #17,323 of 18,459

Quote:

The r1 isn't lacking at all... the r2 is just an improvement for MOST people. An improvement that is minor for most and major for a few.

There isn't much new LCD-2 stuff to talk about, everything has been said a thousand times, but I don't think the thread should be closed... let people have their fun. Mr. Creamy needs to settle down though.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #17,324 of 18,459
Everything in the thread doesn't have to be strictly about the LCD itself.   A little cross pollination of peripheral information can be helpful.  At least a few people in this LCD thread found the very few posts about playback software helpful and may not have found out about it otherwise and now their LCD experience is the better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back