Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 17, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #14,836 of 18,459
Quote:
i have already put my rev.2 for sale

popcorn.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #14,838 of 18,459
I have the option to send mine in for the trade but I really don't think I need to, I just enjoy these Rev. 1's too much. Besides, I switched from the T1's to escape the details and my gut is telling me if I sent them away it'd be a big mistake.

Amps on the otherhand... 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #14,839 of 18,459
Yes, I made the decision to forego the swap and keep the Rev 1. I came to this decision after listening to Rev2 for couple days without going back to Rev1 so as to adjust myself to the Rev2. I listen to a wide range of music, from classical and jazz to rock/pop to hiphop and club anthems. I like Rev 2 a lot but sadly I never fell in love with. The Rev 2 is truely remarkable, greater extension on both highs and lows, more details across the board. Revealing yet not analytical. IMHO it's more neutral and balanced than Rev 1. Why I still stick to Rev 1? Here's why,

My reaction when music was on the Rev 2, "WOW!" "AWESOME" "Great bass" "It's alive!" etc...
When I went back to my Rev 1 after couple of days, <Humming to the songs> foot-tapping, "head-banging" to club anthens....
L3000.gif

I'm not saying that Rev 2 is cold and analytical, It's just like what the others have said, Rev 1 is more engaging for me, Rev 1 linked me to the soul of music. Like others who may find Rev 2 their link to the soul of music.

I really hope Audeze would keep the production of Rev 1 cos they are both excellent in their on ways and appeal to different people just like HD600 and HD650 or HE6 and HE500. However I think it may be logistically difficult for them to maintain both versions. Disclaimer = Just my two cents, YMMV
o2smile.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #14,841 of 18,459

Quote:
I have the option to send mine in for the trade but I really don't think I need to, I just enjoy these Rev. 1's too much. Besides, I switched from the T1's to escape the details and my gut is telling me if I sent them away it'd be a big mistake.

Amps on the otherhand... 
rolleyes.gif

I think the Rev.1 will be much sort after for a long time to come. I not going to sell mine. Anyway I'm getting a HE6 at the end of the week
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #14,842 of 18,459
Hello folks,

hello I do not want to annoy you  but 24 hrs burn in is realy nothing for the LCD 2.

A Headphone espacialy the "foil once" needs burn in.

When i get a new Headphone i pluged it in an then play it 24 hrs all day. Every day i heard with it for about 5 minutes to hear the changes.

The LCD-2 has two big changes: one at around 120 hrs and the last around 200 hundred hours. In the intervening period, you can well follow how he slowly worked free. 

So before it doesn´t played a minimum of one week constant playing you are not able to report about it.

@all who have a new one : Please,please do it like I have suggested it . .

You really will be surprised what kind of big changes the Headphone will show to you.

But please hear only five to ten minutes a day in the break in time  because when you hear it every Day 10 hrs it is harder to notice the change.

Jul 17, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #14,843 of 18,459
Have been distracted by Rev 2 for some time and neglected my two LCD2s. Time to give them some loving..... some wood oil rub
o2smile.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #14,844 of 18,459

Quote:
Yes, I made the decision to forego the swap and keep the Rev 1. I came to this decision after listening to Rev2 for couple days without going back to Rev1 so as to adjust myself to the Rev2. I listen to a wide range of music, from classical and jazz to rock/pop to hiphop and club anthems. I like Rev 2 a lot but sadly I never fell in love with. The Rev 2 is truely remarkable, greater extension on both highs and lows, more details across the board. Revealing yet not analytical. IMHO it's more neutral and balanced than Rev 1. Why I still stick to Rev 1? Here's why,

My reaction when music was on the Rev 2, "WOW!" "AWESOME" "Great bass" "It's alive!" etc...
When I went back to my Rev 1 after couple of days, <Humming to the songs> foot-tapping, "head-banging" to club anthens....
L3000.gif

I'm not saying that Rev 2 is cold and analytical, It's just like what the others have said, Rev 1 is more engaging for me, Rev 1 linked me to the soul of music. Like others who may find Rev 2 their link to the soul of music.

I really hope Audeze would keep the production of Rev 1 cos they are both excellent in their on ways and appeal to different people just like HD600 and HD650 or HE6 and HE500. However I think it may be logistically difficult for them to maintain both versions. Disclaimer = Just my two cents, YMMV
o2smile.gif

Interesting outlook. I still think it's too soon for me to draw conclusions about the rev.2, but there seems to be a similar thread amongst those who've moved on from the rev.2 even at this early stage.

My only reference is the HD650, which I find to have very good synergy in my setup. Whilst the technical capabilities of the LCD-2 is immediately apparent, and in line with most impressions, I have yet to connect with it the same way the lowly HD650 engages me.
blink.gif
I'm giving it a few more days to adjust to the LCD-2 and to also see if I perceive changes (as others have found). After that the tube rolling starts all over.

Jul 17, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #14,845 of 18,459

Quote:
Hello folks,

hello I do not want to annoy you  but 24 hrs burn in is realy nothing for the LCD 2.

A Headphone espacialy the "foil once" needs burn in.

When i get a new Headphone i pluged it in an then play it 24 hrs all day. Every day i heard with it for about 5 minutes to hear the changes.

The LCD-2 has two big changes: one at around 120 hrs and the last around 200 hundred hours. In the intervening period, you can well follow how he slowly worked free. 

So before it doesn´t played a minimum of one week constant playing you are not able to report about it.

@all who have a new one : Please,please do it like I have suggested it . .

You really will be surprised what kind of big changes the Headphone will show to you.

But please hear only five to ten minutes a day in the break in time  because when you hear it every Day 10 hrs it is harder to notice the change.

I have two LCD2s. Burn in may improve it but it will not change what's intrinsic. Well it may on other headphones but not in my experience with the LCD2s. Just MHO which I'm sure some will agree and others don't. Cheers!

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #14,847 of 18,459

Quote:
I have two LCD2s. Burn in may improve it but it will not change what's intrinsic. Well it may on other headphones but not in my experience with the LCD2s. Just MHO which I'm sure some will agree and others don't. Cheers!

I will give you an example for rev1 burn in.

In the first 120 hrs the bass makes a big pressure on the ear and dont have the fine line. It really pushed over the upper frequenzies and this will give you a kind of muddy sounding .

This disappears in the break in period and become a straight,dry but rich bassline wich settles perfectly in.

Out of the box the light "cap" in the midrange together with the muddy Bass is the reason why many People called it darksounding.

But it doesn´t sound any "dark" . It sound very natural .  

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #14,848 of 18,459

I will give you an example for rev1 burn in.

In the first 120 hrs the bass makes a big pressure on the ear and dont have the fine line. It really pushed over the upper frequenzies and this will give you a kind of muddy sounding .

This disappears in the break in period and become a straight,dry but rich bassline wich settles perfectly in.

Out of the box the light "cap" in the midrange together with the muddy Bass is the reason why many People called it darksounding.

But it doesn´t sound any "dark" . It sound very natural .  

Burn in or not my LCD2 "classic" and my Rev 1 was NEVER muddy-sounding to me. I have NEVER found LCD2s dark. I always feel that they presented details in a very natural and organic way. That's intrinsic in LCD2.

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #14,849 of 18,459

Quote:
The rev2 needs at least 200 hours of burn in to start sounding real good.Before that it can sound strident and harsh with some material. And no, it is not myself getting used to the sound.

Have you heard the Rev 1? If yes, is the vocal presentation of the Rev 2 going to be like Rev 1 after 200 hours of burn in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back