Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,772 of 13,132
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.

I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared,  its very clear  and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.

I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #1,774 of 13,132
  Just sold my LCD2.2s. Loved the sound, but just gave me too many headaches.

Wish I could get the sound in a lighter more comfortable headphone!

You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #1,775 of 13,132
  Just sold my LCD2.2s. Loved the sound, but just gave me too many headaches.

Wish I could get the sound in a lighter more comfortable headphone!

A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,777 of 13,132
Is there any way to get more punch/power in the bass from the LCD-2s to add a little fun factor? 
Idk, I got a conductor, maybe thats why? 

Sep 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,781 of 13,132
I remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,782 of 13,132
High Gain @ 3 a clock is pretty... high volume? lol

I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :)

You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,784 of 13,132
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating. 
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood. 
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D

Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back