Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #691 of 13,132
Quote:
Received a pair of 3 month old LCD2 ver2's today.  Im excited... they look and feel hi end.  Have owned Beyerdynamic T1's for a year, hope this was a good move?   

If you're used to the T1's sound, you might not like the LCD's sound, and it will take a little bit to get used to it.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #692 of 13,132
I have LCD-2 Rev1s & Beyer T1s, I find they co-exist very well. They do sound quite different, but I think that's a great thing. If the intention is to replace one with the other, well, then I understand the concern. Hell, I went from Grado RS-1s to the LCD-2s, Now, that's an adventure!

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #694 of 13,132
Quote:
I have LCD-2 Rev1s & Beyer T1s, I find they co-exist very well. They do sound quite different, but I think that's a great thing. If the intention is to replace one with the other, well, then I understand the concern. Hell, I went from Grado RS-1s to the LCD-2s, Now, that's an adventure!

It's like going from Mordor

Back home to the Shire.

biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #696 of 13,132
Does the weight annoy when laying down? So much praise for these headphones but I went to listen to them and I couldnt take the weight. I couldnt focus on the music. I dont want to ask the people if I can lay down with them.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #697 of 13,132
I listened to the LCD2s for a while today and Im liking them alot.  Very different sound than the T1's.

Will listen to both over the next few days and report. 

One thing I noticed immediately was the clamping force / heavy-ness of the LCD2s. Maybe the LCD2s pads/foam need some time to break in?  They are not very comfy imo.  Will they get better in time or are there mods to help in this area?  Maybe its just me?

Thanks.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #698 of 13,132
Quote:
I listened to the LCD2s for a while today and Im liking them alot.  Very different sound than the T1's.

One thing I noticed immediately was the clamping force / heavy-ness of the LCD2s. Maybe the LCD2s pads/foam need some time to break in?  They are not very comfy imo.  Will they get better in time or are there mods to help in this area?  Maybe its just me?

Thanks.

Not just you, everybody has problems with the weight. Honestly, I couldn't focus on the sound due to the weight. I wonder if its better if your laying down..

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #699 of 13,132
Quote:

Thanks.

I dont think break in is the problem, i was at a meet today and there was two pairs of lcd2's there. Both had been worn in a little but neither of the two were very comfortable. Although for how good they sounded, i think i'd be willing to overlook that 
beyersmile.png
 or at least try some simple comfort mods

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #700 of 13,132
maybe you can rig up a hoist type contraption. Thread an eye bolt through a stud in the ceiling maybe, mount a pulley and some rope and then hang that down right over your head, fashion a cradle to receive the rope and tie it off to the sides of the LCD, then just simply adjust the pulley until enough weight is relieved so you can enjoy the music again.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #701 of 13,132
Quote:
maybe you can rig up a hoist type contraption. Thread an eye bolt through a stud in the ceiling maybe, mount a pulley and some rope and then hang that down right over your head, fashion a cradle to receive the rope and tie it off to the sides of the LCD, then just simply adjust the pulley until enough weight is relieved so you can enjoy the music again.

Thats way too complicated.  I will spend the bucks and get an inversion table (for the back) and listen while upside down.  Will use zip ties for a chin strap.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #703 of 13,132
Quote:
Not just you, everybody has problems with the weight. Honestly, I couldn't focus on the sound due to the weight. I wonder if its better if your laying down..

When laying down, their weight is not an issue anymore.
I've been using LCD-2s for about a month now and I am slowly getting used to their weight. Clamping force is perfect for me, not too much, not too little - just very comfortable.
Now the only thing needed is to develop more neck muscle to carry their weight:) In general I consider them very comfortable headphones and I expect to get used to their weight very soon.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #704 of 13,132
I have no problem at all with the LCD2 weight, you should get used to wearing a helmet :wink:
I have more problems with the LCD2 pads (The LCD3 pads are so much better) and the LCD2 sound, it's hardly been getting any use.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #705 of 13,132
Quote:
I have no problem at all with the LCD2 weight, you should get used to wearing a helmet :wink:
I have more problems with the LCD2 pads (The LCD3 pads are so much better) and the LCD2 sound, it's hardly been getting any use.

As far as I know the pads have been replaced in the newer batches to more comfortable ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back