Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #12,932 of 13,132
Hey guys, my DAC stopped working (I'm 90% sure it's my PC that's the issue though) so I don't have access to anything that requires an amp atm, but I'm curious, how do the LCD-2s do with bass heavy EDM? I recently got into neurofunk (type of dnb) in a big way and I am wondering how it will sound when I get a new PC.
The comments others have made here are backed by measurements. The LCD-2 (both C and F) have some of the lowest bass distortion of any headphone made on Planet Earth, at any price. And they maintain that low distortion to prodigious levels that can cause hearing damage, which is a hazard since it sounds so clean they do not have any of the "too loud" clues that other headphones give to remind you to turn it down, such as sounding bloated or distorted.
So yes, it's true, though use that with judicious care.
As a mostly classical & acoustic music listener, I find the LCD-2 bass to be awesome for different reasons. It's just so clean, crisp and natural sounding there is nothing like it.

Apr 17, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #12,934 of 13,132
Picked up a pair of bamboo 2f's dating around 2014 this past weekend and they are set to arrive on Tuesday. I had a pair of 2c's that I had bought used and sold to a friend who had expressed interest in them earlier last year. I miss the bass that just kept on giving and I love the look of the wood rings. Will report back with photos once they come in :)

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #12,935 of 13,132
I recently re-acquired a pair of LCD-2.2s in fantastic condition with the suspension headband. The LCD-2.2 was one of my first "proper" headphones and was interested to require it with my current setup and after having owned so many headphones since.

I think this set is a real winner!

A nice gentle downward slope from 900Hz, and staying relatively flat from 2kHz on. Not too many have those attributes!

This is my second set of LCD-2.2s I've owned. I also owned two LCD-Xs, three LCD-XCs, three LCD-3Fs, and an LCD-4. Ever since they went Fazor, Audeze cans have this honk around 1.5kHz and this chasm centred around 4.5kHz - even their non-Fazor stuff since then has that. Not here!

Here's the factory response print out of my LCD-2.2's. It also appears to be an outlier....sure sounds better than any of the other LCD-2's I've heard.
Audeze LCD-2.2 Pre-Fazor Response.png

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #12,936 of 13,132
My LCD-2F came with a factory measured response curve that looks very similar. Keep in mind this response curve is not measured against Harman, but a different profile. If that same response were measured against the Harman curve, it would have a peak/bump around 850 Hz with gradual linear bass rolloff, a dip centered around 3500 Hz, then flat again from 6k on up.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #12,937 of 13,132
Just got em a month ago, still as nice sounding as 10 years ago.

Attachments

• LCD2.jpg
    LCD2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #12,938 of 13,132
Picked up a pair of bamboo 2f's dating around 2014 this past weekend and they are set to arrive on Tuesday. I had a pair of 2c's that I had bought used and sold to a friend who had expressed interest in them earlier last year. I miss the bass that just kept on giving and I love the look of the wood rings. Will report back with photos once they come in :)
Well, they showed up but the right driver was DOA. Worked with the seller who says they will front most of the cost of the $480 driver repair :frowning2: (alternative was to ship back and me being out the shipping cost and him being stuck with a pair of broken headphones). More than I originally intended to pay but the only thing that will not be brand new is the bamboo wood rings which date to 2014. That plus the 3 year warranty leaves me feeling neutral about the transaction. Here's to hoping when the invoice comes in ~Wednesday the seller follows through.

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #12,939 of 13,132
Well, they showed up but the right driver was DOA. Worked with the seller who says they will front most of the cost of the $480 driver repair :frowning2: (alternative was to ship back and me being out the shipping cost and him being stuck with a pair of broken headphones). More than I originally intended to pay but the only thing that will not be brand new is the bamboo wood rings which date to 2014. That plus the 3 year warranty leaves me feeling neutral about the transaction. Here's to hoping when the invoice comes in ~Wednesday the seller follows through.
That really sucks. I think the older fazor drivers where the most fragile of the bunch. As long as the bamboo is in good nick, you`ll end up with "new" headphones with 3 years warranty on the drivers for hopefully a good price. I think that`s something to be pleased about at least.

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #12,940 of 13,132
That really sucks. I think the older fazor drivers where the most fragile of the bunch. As long as the bamboo is in good nick, you`ll end up with "new" headphones with 3 years warranty on the drivers for hopefully a good price. I think that`s something to be pleased about at least.
Yep. Assuming the guy follows through on his end I'm exactly in that spot. The three year warranty is worth the extra 160 or so I'm paying instead of shipping it back to the original owner. Little/no nicks or damage to the bamboo rings and it already has a near-new suspension headband on it. Feel bad for the guy that shipped it to me since he didn't insure it while shipping to me, but I walk out with a bit of a steal. No invoice from Audeze yet but I'm ready to give theses thing a listen from more than just my left ear :)

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #12,942 of 13,132
Anyone using the extended yoke rods? Do you remember if they came with new screws? Cheers
If you need a new screw and washers, etc, contact us at support@audeze.com

With:

First and last name:
Current shipping address:
Phone number:

Headphones' serial number: (lower your headband strap, just above the 'R' on the adjustment block, behind the strap is the serial number, if you dont have the box or certificate of authenticity card)

Problem description: Need 1002023-KT, LCD Yoke Rod Screw and Washer Kit (2 metal, 2 nylon, 2 tooth washers)

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 27, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #12,943 of 13,132
If you need a new screw
Anyone using the extended yoke rods? Do you remember if they came with new screws? Cheers

and washers, etc, contact us at support@audeze.com

With:

First and last name:
Current shipping address:
Phone number:

Headphones' serial number: (lower your headband strap, just above the 'R' on the adjustment block, behind the strap is the serial number, if you dont have the box or certificate of authenticity card)

Problem description: Need 1002023-KT, LCD Yoke Rod Screw and Washer Kit (2 metal, 2 nylon, 2 tooth washers)

Just to update if anyone else has a damaged screw like my situation. I emailed Audeze support this morning. Andrew from Audeze replied 36 minutes later informing me the screws are ordered and will ship to me asap.
Second to none service!!! Thanks Andrew & Audeze :)

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #12,945 of 13,132
Do I need to apply oil to the most recent LCD-2F after a while? It did not arrive with oil
I think this has come up before. An Audeze rep posted the below over on their website help page.

Missing Wood Care Kit with your LCDs​

We stopped sending the wood treatment kit because it's no longer needed. All of our wood is now finished with a furniture-grade, UV protective sealant.
If you like you may clean with a soft cloth, but no special care or feeding is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back