Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 8, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #12,691 of 13,132
Just arrived. These definitely look like the new pads. I don't get the complaints of about weight, these don't seem unusually heavy to me.. I don't feel the need to EQ either, at least for the type of music I listen to. F*ck these are sexy. Shedua wood is gorgeous.

lcd2.jpg
That is gorgeous! I wish Audeze would make the 2C available in this Wood as well.

May 12, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #12,693 of 13,132
How much $ ???

May 12, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #12,694 of 13,132
How much $ ???
I ordered them local (New Zealand) so almost $1300 USD. But if I were to order directly from Audeze and have them shipped and pay taxes, it would have roughly came to the same price. At least, this way I am supporting a local business. And if something goes wrong, I can just take it back straight to the shop.

May 12, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #12,695 of 13,132
Audiophile: A person who uses music to listen to his headphones/speakers.
Your signature is soooo true ! That is what this hobby is like...haha.
Excellent.

May 12, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #12,697 of 13,132
And if something goes wrong, I can just take it back straight to the shop.

With Audeze, it’s more like..
And when something goes wrong, you can just take it back straight to the shop.

I heard those stories about dead drivers, so when I got my LCD-2 I made a bet with a friend on which driver will go out first. I picked the left driver.
Seven years later, I sent my pair back to Audeze for driver replacement and collect my $100 win from my friend.

If I had a crystal ball back then, I should made it a $480 bet to cover the whole driver replacement cost.

May 12, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #12,698 of 13,132

I heard those stories about dead drivers, so when I got my LCD-2 I made a bet with a friend on which driver will go out first. I picked the left driver.
Seven years later, I sent my pair back to Audeze for driver replacement and collect my $100 win from my friend.

If I had a crystal ball back then, I should made it a $480 bet to cover the whole driver replacement cost.

I honestly can't tell if this is meant to be a complaint or praise for Audeze...

Personally, if I got 7 years of solid use out of a headphone, then it broke, and the company replaced the drivers with new ones, issued a new 3 year warranty, doing it all 4 years after the expiration of the warranty, internationally, and for a less than half the cost of a new headphone, why I'd be pretty pleased with the company.

May 12, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #12,699 of 13,132

you are 300% right brother. Expensive and delicate. For those prices warranty should be 10 year, minimum 5, like Adam Audio.

May 12, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #12,700 of 13,132
you are 300% right brother. Expensive and delicate. For those prices warranty should be 10 year, minimum 5, like Adam Audio.

How very arbitrary of you.

You don't see any reasons why speakers might have a longer warranty than headphones? I'll help you out. I almost never touch, move, or unplug my speakers and I never ever wear them, change their shape, or take them outside. For starters.

May 12, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #12,701 of 13,132

For those prices? The LCD-2 and LCD-X are very competitively priced in terms of technical performance and build quality. They also have the best warranty out of their main competitors which are probably Hifiman Ananda and Arya respectively as well as the Focal Clear MG. Customer service is outstanding.

May 12, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #12,702 of 13,132
For those prices? The LCD-2 and LCD-X are very competitively priced in terms of technical performance and build quality. They also have the best warranty out of their main competitors which are probably Hifiman Ananda and Arya respectively as well as the Focal Clear MG. Customer service is outstanding.
They still break, and if the others are better or just as bad, it's another story. Should be 10 years warranty with those prices, like a Herman Miller chair.

May 12, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #12,703 of 13,132
They still break, and if the others are better or just as bad, it's another story. Should be 10 years warranty with those prices, like a Herman Miller chair.

Maybe you could show me the part on a Herman Miller chair that is both integral to its function and microns in thickness. Then maybe that would be an apt comparison. That both things are expensive means nothing.

May 12, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #12,704 of 13,132
Echoing what phthora said… they are dealing with extremely fine tolerances and thin material. The diaphragm moves thousands of time per second. The fact that it lasts more than a decade in some cases is pretty miraculous. Also others are worse… Hifimans have a very cheap/dodgy build and a 1 year warranty.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #12,705 of 13,132
Back on the LCD-2 train! Just ordered some 2F in rosewood. Will post pics when they arrive.
They look so gorgeous. Still one of the best looking hps in 2021. Sound is also good to my taste. I think a 2021 LCD2f would be my escape headphone if I had to sell everything and stick with one headphone that performs well relative to budget.
Any impressions with the new 2021 earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back