Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 4, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #12,166 of 13,132
May 5, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #12,168 of 13,132
Thank you. It is heartening that you are enjoying music.

When opportunity arises, test out clean and higher powered amps.
https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/sensitivity-impedance-and-amplifier-power

If you haven't, give Audeze's free Reveal+ plugin a try.
https://www.audeze.com/products/reveal

You are very sweet with the Mother's Day gift. Stay healthy.
Thank you! I havnt tried the plug in yet, definitely have been meaning to download it.

May 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #12,174 of 13,132
What happens when you run both out of the same amp - e.g. both out of the Lyr. Does the LCD2 still edge the Elear out for bass impact?

Last night I ran both the LCD-2 and the Elear from my Lyr 3 and they both sound very good to my ears with this amp. They do sound different though, and for bass I would say that the LCD-2 sounds a bit more juicy while the Elear sounds a bit tighter and firmer. They both have enough bass for me, but the character is a bit different. I like both. YMMV, as always.

May 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #12,176 of 13,132
Has anyone tried using velour pads with the LCD-2? I'm kinda curious if something like that could improve the clarity in the upper mids and treble and fix the warmth/honkiness that's kinda typical of Audeze planars. Even with EQ it feels like there's something odd about the sound. Like despite the detail some clarity is lost in the upper registers compared to cheaper headphones.

May 12, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #12,177 of 13,132
Has anyone tried using velour pads with the LCD-2? I'm kinda curious if something like that could improve the clarity in the upper mids and treble and fix the warmth/honkiness that's kinda typical of Audeze planars. Even with EQ it feels like there's something odd about the sound. Like despite the detail some clarity is lost in the upper registers compared to cheaper headphones.
Just new and curious, doesn't detail get obtained from clarity? Can't something be detailed and not clear?

May 13, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #12,178 of 13,132
Just new and curious, doesn't detail get obtained from clarity? Can't something be detailed and not clear?
I would say so. The ER4 (IEMs) and HD600 had the clearest upper treble to me overall (very clear sounding cymbals). The LCD-2 does get additional clarity from its superior resolution (it reproduces small nuances better than those other headphones) but overall the texture is kinda fuzzy and weird. Like there's a filter between you and the music. And this occurs even after you successfully EQ it to sound more neutral.

May 13, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #12,179 of 13,132
I would say so. The ER4 (IEMs) and HD600 had the clearest upper treble to me overall (very clear sounding cymbals). The LCD-2 does get additional clarity from its superior resolution (it reproduces small nuances better than those other headphones) but overall the texture is kinda fuzzy and weird. Like there's a filter between you and the music. And this occurs even after you successfully EQ it to sound more neutral.
LCD2C is warmer and darker than the ER4 or HD600. Some people like this kind of sound presentation, some don't. If one listens to the 2C exclusively for a few days, might start to appreciate it more. Swapping between dark and bright(er) headphones doesn't help.
At the same time the 2C will never be a treble king. It is a bass king.

May 13, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #12,180 of 13,132
This guy must be a genious :wink:

Someone on Reddit had suggested adjusting the metal head band so it's only on by 2 screws on each side, which will prevent my head from touching the metal and I am thrilled with the outcome. Look like I'm going to actually start wearing my LCD-2s again..

When Audeze comes to their senses and makes suspension headbands that actually suspend and you don't have to have metal poking you in the head while wearing $1,000+ headphones, I'll be their first customer. Until then though I think this solution will suffice.

Attachments

• 20200505_170045.jpg
    20200505_170045.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back