Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #11,656 of 13,132
busy looking at these cables, anyone using them or have any other suggestions?

I have that cable for my LCD-2. It's very good. A little stiff, but it is a handsome cable, it coils nicely into a small footprint, seems to be well-soldered, and has high-quality connectors. They took what I would consider to be an average time to fill the order, responded to emails quickly, and were willing to give me updates on the status of my order. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between Cu and Ag, but my LCD-2 with the Amplifier Surgery cable sounds awesome. I would buy from them again.

I also recommend Periapt cables. They make the most supple, flexible cables I've yet seen, great for travel, and filled my order remarkably fast. They are around the same price point as Amplifier Surgery cables as well.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #11,657 of 13,132
I have that cable for my LCD-2. It's very good. A little stiff, but it is a handsome cable, it coils nicely into a small footprint, seems to be well-soldered, and has high-quality connectors. They took what I would consider to be an average time to fill the order, responded to emails quickly, and were willing to give me updates on the status of my order. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between Cu and Ag, but my LCD-2 with the Amplifier Surgery cable sounds awesome. I would buy from them again.

I also recommend Periapt cables. They make the most supple, flexible cables I've yet seen, great for travel, and filled my order remarkably fast. They are around the same price point as Amplifier Surgery cables as well.
Thank you for your input. I wen't ahead and placed an order for the Amplifier surgery cable it honestly looks like a great cable at an affordable price point.

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #11,658 of 13,132
(I skimmed through guidelines and think this is allowed, but if not, mod please remove and my apologies.)

If anyone is looking for LCD2.2F, Audio Advice has one on Amazon for a pretty good price.They used to have two, but I bought the other one. They arrived with plastic credit-card type COA, USB-drive for docs, braided cables, and the hard case, and in pretty much like-new condition as advertised. I say "pretty much" as the the headphones weren't in plastic (yes I watched unboxing videos), and very close examination showed the usual light barely visible scuff marks on the leather headband from the cup adjusting rods. Other than that, they looked new and importantly, smelled like new. No cleaning cloth/care kit was included, but not sure if Audeze includes those anymore. On the invoice they are listed as b-stock. Note that Audio Advice is one of a handful of dealers authorized to sell on Amazon, so the warranty is valid -- I did check with Audio Advice before buying, and this is confirmed by Audeze themselves in a posting on their customer support site. I'm totally happy with the purchase and satisfied with how they sound -- I wish for a tad faster sound, and I'm used to a lot more air on top, but I knew this going in.

Hope this helps someone hunting as I was. Good luck!

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #11,659 of 13,132
can we get a comparison between lcd2c lcd2 fazor 2018, and lcd x

really need to make a purchase decision

is the lcd2 2018 fazor now sounding better than previous years that have fazor

May 4, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #11,660 of 13,132
I'm looking into the Lohb strap as an option to aid with comfort, only not with an LCD headphone. Could someone please tell me: does installing the Lohb strap require taking apart the LCD-whatever, or does the strap itself unlatch somehow? Or, more to the point, would it be possible somehow to get this thing on a AudioQuest NightOwl or NightHawk?

May 5, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #11,661 of 13,132
I'm looking into the Lohb strap as an option to aid with comfort, only not with an LCD headphone. Could someone please tell me: does installing the Lohb strap require taking apart the LCD-whatever, or does the strap itself unlatch somehow? Or, more to the point, would it be possible somehow to get this thing on a AudioQuest NightOwl or NightHawk?
There are different straps for different headphones. Get in touch with @Lohb and he’ll tell you which one you need. I can tell you for certain you DON’T need one for the NightHawk or Owl unless your neck is made of paper :p

May 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #11,662 of 13,132
So, it took me entirely too long, but finally got my broken cans in for repair.

My initial Audeze inquiry got lost to my spam folder (thanks Gmail); and in the meantime, I started looking at other can options. The problem was, anything that would replace them in terms of audio quality, were a good 700+, which also made me hesitant.

Finally got back with Audeze, and got my repair quote.. 440 (latest drivers plus earpad replacement). Given that I love the rosewood on the cups, and I can't even buy a used set for that (not to mention a new warranty)... I bit the bullet.

I admit, I am a bit concerned that I will still like the sound (my cans are the old School original, with the metal/exposed foam headband, and non angled connectors) with the new drivers. But I have also been using my HD650 for months, so maybe I won't remember what I had anyway... :wink:

Fingers crossed at this point. They got to them Thursday, so...

May 6, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #11,663 of 13,132
There are different straps for different headphones. Get in touch with @Lohb and he’ll tell you which one you need. I can tell you for certain you DON’T need one for the NightHawk or Owl unless your neck is made of paper :p

Haha... Yes, they are very light and actually quite comfortable. The problem is that the strap on NightOwls is a little thin and tends to slide around on my head as I look up and down. I think a wider Lohb strap would prevent it from shifting around so much. They are so many elastic points on the NightOwls that to me they feel unstable on my head.

May 6, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #11,664 of 13,132
Haha... Yes, they are very light and actually quite comfortable. The problem is that the strap on NightOwls is a little thin and tends to slide around on my head as I look up and down. I think a wider Lohb strap would prevent it from shifting around so much. They are so many elastic points on the NightOwls that to me they feel unstable on my head.
Rather get yourself something like the ZMF Pilot Pad that will make the strap thicker and wider.

May 6, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #11,665 of 13,132
Rather get yourself something like the ZMF Pilot Pad that will make the strap thicker and wider.

:face_palm:

That is a much better idea. And here I was spending a couple weeks trying to decide between the NightOwls and the ZMF Classic, which is equipped with a freakin' Pilot Pad, and that never occurred to me as a solution... LOL

Thanks, gLer!

May 9, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #11,670 of 13,132
Thank you for your input. I wen't ahead and placed an order for the Amplifier surgery cable it honestly looks like a great cable at an affordable price point.
Got my Silver coated Amplifier surgery cable, i have to say it has the worst micro-phonics i have ever heard from a cable. If i so much as touch my desk or keyboard i can hear noise, not to mention if i brush the cable.

HOWEVER, it sounds absolutely amazing for a cable costing only $85. It sounds like a cable costing 4 or 5 times more. The connections are nice, cable could hug the wire a bit tighter there is some slop in it, but not that bad i think. Day 1 and i have already developed a love/hate relationship with it, although for the price it is what it is and you can't really go wrong, especially considering it is one fine sounding silver cable.

My Amperex 6922 PQ white label 1959 D getter tube also arrived yesterday plugged her into my Gungnir Multibit and have been listening for 2 days now and just today with the new cable. I have to say the combo makes my LCD 2 come alive! The bass is the best it has ever sounded, growling and punchy the mid bass is finally on point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back