Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #11,476 of 13,132
I just weighed my LCD-2s which I bought in November, and were manufactured in October 2017. Without cable they weigh 618g. In Aornic's review the weight of the Bamboo (which is what I have) is given as 490g.
http://aornic.com/reviews/2017/4/12/audeze-lcd-2

Anybody else weighed their LCDs?
Thanks for this. I've been meaning to weigh mine and this post prompted me to do so. My 2016 aluminum LCD-2F weighs in at 625g - albeit with extended yokes and a Lohb strap (although I doubt those add too much to the weight). By comparison my ZMF Atticus - which I always thought was meant to be heavier - actually weights 555g. I can feel the difference on my head between the two, but glad to report that with the Lohb strap, the LCD-2 is comfortable for long listening sessions without any fatigue. If anything the lambskin pads on the LCD-2 are the softest and nicest I've ever owned, and make wearing them a pleasure. The Atticus's Ori pads (also lambskin) are also very comfortable but a bit warmer on the ear.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #11,477 of 13,132
Thanks for this. I've been meaning to weigh mine and this post prompted me to do so. My 2016 aluminum LCD-2F weighs in at 625g - albeit with extended yokes and a Lohb strap (although I doubt those add too much to the weight). By comparison my ZMF Atticus - which I always thought was meant to be heavier - actually weights 555g. I can feel the difference on my head between the two, but glad to report that with the Lohb strap, the LCD-2 is comfortable for long listening sessions without any fatigue. If anything the lambskin pads on the LCD-2 are the softest and nicest I've ever owned, and make wearing them a pleasure. The Atticus's Ori pads (also lambskin) are also very comfortable but a bit warmer on the ear.
Despite their weight, I find the LCDs very comfortable, and the pads are a big part of the reason. I would like to try the Lohb strap though.

I thought some of my other headphones were heavy, for example my AKG N90Qs weigh 450g, but the LCDs have given me a new perspective. Weight is only a number, after all :)

-Mark.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #11,478 of 13,132
Mines is ~520g. Rosewood 2.1 2012 version :)
I have not tried any new Audeze ear-pads. To me, my 2012 earpads are not as good as somes on Japanese headphones I have owned(both material quality and comfortable affair). Though Japanese earpads often come with fake leather.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #11,479 of 13,132
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #11,480 of 13,132
Just removed the grille and had a look inside my new LCD-2s. The design and assembly looks very clean and improved over earlier versions I have seen.

20171211_135628_HDR.jpg

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #11,485 of 13,132
Picked up an lcd2f aluminum... Hoping to get a deckard soon to see what the fuss is about. Box was resealed with packaging tape, but the plastic was still on the headband. Hopefully, it's the only time it'll be in it's travel case!
Awesome! I've got the LCD-2F as well and I really like it a lot. I'm curious as to your impressions with the Deckard/2F combo when you get the chance

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #11,486 of 13,132
I’ve said this before but the carbon headband is an awesome upgrade in the comfort department. It makes the LCD-2 feel lighter, and gives a bit softer clamp. It feels like a totally different headphone.
I agree. I have the carbon strap headband on my LCD-X and it's very comfy

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #11,487 of 13,132
Please let me/us know about the deckard

Thanks

Awesome! I've got the LCD-2F as well and I really like it a lot. I'm curious as to your impressions with the Deckard/2F combo when you get the chance
I bought a Deckard together with my LCD2s, and the pairing is extremely good. I was happy with the m9xx, but compared to it and the mojo, the Deckard gives additional bass extension and authority. Overall, it sounds smoother, but without sounding softer or slow; bass is very fast and tight.

I like the Deckard with other headphones as well. I've been reducing my headphone collection, so other headphones means the Denon D7200 at the moment.

I'm really impressed with the LCD2. It doesn't seem warm or soft to me as it's reputation suggests. I find it very neutral and extended at both ends, and with very good levels of micro detail without having over accentuated treble.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #11,488 of 13,132
I was kind of surprised at all of the comments about the LCD-2 being too warm or laid back. Don’t find that all but maybe because I am not crazy about bright or analytical headphones and I have a different perception of these things.

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #11,489 of 13,132
I asked Audeze if there had been any changes to the LCD-2 drivers since the case/cable have changed.

They said "There have been no changes to our LCD-2 drivers since 2016 when we rolled out a series of driver revisions.

Any LCD-2 with a serial number equal to or greater than 5426093 should include those revisions."

Just putting this info here if anyone was curious if 2017 versions have any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back