Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #11,297 of 13,132
My thoughts are the same Anj. I've had these cans for some months now and never considered upgrading once. These are my endgame for sure, i just hope these 2.2 prefazor drivers don't give out any time soon!
You know what's the worst? Going through the other threads on Head-Fi! I've had the LCD-2F for a few weeks and now I'm being tempted to upgrade to the LCD-X because I want a little more in the treble which describes the X perfectly

I'm going to have to check out the Schiitr. They have a pair of LCD-XC over there and it'll give me a better idea

I hope your 2.2 prefazors live long and prosper. Happy listening!

-Anj

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #11,298 of 13,132
You know what's the worst? Going through the other threads on Head-Fi! I've had the LCD-2F for a few weeks and now I'm being tempted to upgrade to the LCD-X because I want a little more in the treble which describes the X perfectly

I'm going to have to check out the Schiitr. They have a pair of LCD-XC over there and it'll give me a better idea

I hope your 2.2 prefazors live long and prosper. Happy listening!

-Anj
Don't forget that synergy is everything!

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #11,300 of 13,132
So, finally an update on my headphones-
after waiting for 1 month and 2 days, I finally got back my lcd-2s from rma. Right driver was losing connection (connector issue). I had to send em to audeze and they shipped it back within 10 days after receiving it. BD customs held it for a week more. Good news is, I had zero hassle with customs and auduze paid for all the customs fee as well as the c&f charge. I just had to pay a warehouse charge of 206tk. And the biggest thing is, I requested for a replacement vegan pad if they had to replace the pads and they did replace it (wow). so overall not a losing venture. Excellent service from audeze.

Anyways, time for a review. I had ordered a VE Zunkosha silver wire (4 wire) mini xlr to 6.35mm single ended cable for my Audeze LCD-2. The wire is nicely built, sleeved according to my specifications. cable looks thin but is quite strong. The mini xlr connectors are a bit stiff when trying to remove and is my only complaint regarding this cable. However, the sound is what matters. These have a clearly audible difference from the original cable. these have a much wider soundstage and the instrument separation is better with improved imaging. the overall sound is laid back in comparison to the in your face sound of the originals which is a welcome change considering it is less fatiguing and more relaxed. These also reduce the mid bass slightly. however, if you are a lcd2 user who would prefer a slightly more relaxing sound, it is a great option for just 35 bucks. although if u can, get the 8 wire option which would cost you around 60$.
lcd-2 junkosha.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #11,301 of 13,132
On the LCD4 thread, the guys were using carnuba wax with excellent results.

the wood became dull and lost its gloss, can you link me to the right thing to buy from ebay

and how to use it

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #11,302 of 13,132
So, finally an update on my headphones-
after waiting for 1 month and 2 days, I finally got back my lcd-2s from rma. Right driver was losing connection (connector issue). I had to send em to audeze and they shipped it back within 10 days after receiving it. BD customs held it for a week more. Good news is, I had zero hassle with customs and auduze paid for all the customs fee as well as the c&f charge. I just had to pay a warehouse charge of 206tk. And the biggest thing is, I requested for a replacement vegan pad if they had to replace the pads and they did replace it (wow). so overall not a losing venture. Excellent service from audeze.

Anyways, time for a review. I had ordered a VE Zunkosha silver wire (4 wire) mini xlr to 6.35mm single ended cable for my Audeze LCD-2. The wire is nicely built, sleeved according to my specifications. cable looks thin but is quite strong. The mini xlr connectors are a bit stiff when trying to remove and is my only complaint regarding this cable. However, the sound is what matters. These have a clearly audible difference from the original cable. these have a much wider soundstage and the instrument separation is better with improved imaging. the overall sound is laid back in comparison to the in your face sound of the originals which is a welcome change considering it is less fatiguing and more relaxed. These also reduce the mid bass slightly. however, if you are a lcd2 user who would prefer a slightly more relaxing sound, it is a great option for just 35 bucks. although if u can, get the 8 wire option which would cost you around 60$.
Very nice! How do you like the vegan pads versus the regular lamb skin

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #11,304 of 13,132
lighter, less stiff, exert less lateral pressure on my ears so more comfortable. vegan is the way to go.
I'm all for more comfort! How do you feel it affects the sound quality if any

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #11,305 of 13,132
I'm all for more comfort! How do you feel it affects the sound quality if any
I did not get the leather pads back so gotta say from memory that it sounds pretty much the same to me

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #11,306 of 13,132
I just had a revelatory moment. I was having problems with getting my liquid carbon to work for an A/B comparison with my Hifiman EF-6. At first I thought it was my power cable. I know. Terrible logic. So I changed out my "audiophile" cable for a "regular" no-name power cable. Still nothing. So I went about playing with the buttons again and viola! I got sound!

I wish Alex Cavalli would label his buttons better because I don't know what they are with his cryptic symbols

However, something was amiss when I plugged my EF-6 back in. The sound seemed veiled. Constipated. In a word, "yucky". I then went back to the "audiophile" cable and that "yucky" word changed to "WOW"

The EF-6 was transformed and what I heard was something more spacious. Everything had authority. Everything had more everything. It was crazy. It's making me love my amp and the LCD-2F even more....and this is playing AAC files ripped from CD's through iTunes. I can't vouch if this power cable change will transmorgify your mini-buck amp to sound like a mega-buck TOTL amp. But if you've got access to some better cables, it's worth a try to see if it will help your system

Forgive my noobiness. I'm still learning here. I'm just very excited :ksc75smile:

PS: I'm not a plant for "audiophile" cable

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #11,307 of 13,132
... Although, the clamping force isn't excessive, I still feel it putting pressure on my cheeks and jaw ...
Ergonomic tip: adjusting so the ear cups ride a bit high, or at least not too low, often reduces jaw pressure and increases comfort with headphones. Put differently, low-riding ear cups can increase jaw pressure. Also, a good all-around seal is important for ideal frequency response, especially noticeable in bass extension.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #11,308 of 13,132
Ergonomic tip: adjusting so the ear cups ride a bit high, or at least not too low, often reduces jaw pressure and increases comfort with headphones. Put differently, low-riding ear cups can increase jaw pressure. Also, a good all-around seal is important for ideal frequency response, especially noticeable in bass extension.
Seconding for as far as the comfort issue goes. Had the same problem when I first got my LCD2s, and since then don't wear the as low on my head. No problems since adjusting.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #11,309 of 13,132
Thank you for the tip! Much more comfortable now :thumbsup:

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #11,310 of 13,132

Users who are viewing this thread

Back