Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #9,751 of 13,132
  nothing feels better than woodgraced soundwaves....
psychological... maybe? :p

We "Aluminum" LCD-2 buyers could also do a Wood veneer like they did on the EL-8 (j/k). Congrats on the sweet 'phones.

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #9,753 of 13,132
the alu version shld be lighter on the head?  Didnt know that this exists ... :p 

The most amazing CLOSED can that graced my sofa is the...... 
it is a lively speedy counter to the LCD2..
With these 2 cans, i can live forever. hehe

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,754 of 13,132
Aluminum is much denser than wood, 3-4x heavier for a given volume.

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #9,755 of 13,132
  Or you could just leave them alone and enjoy them and be happy. :)

I'm sure some of us will. If you've not seen my other threads/pictures... you'd know that mine have a high probability of being modified.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #9,757 of 13,132
Just got off the phone with Audeze, the lady was very unsure and I could have probably provided more information than her. She said all there is left is Aluminum and she could put that request on my order.. (if there is only 1 option why does she have to make a request for this option? and on an order she doesn't even have the number for yet).She explained how they were recovering from a power outage. Order 142X

(Edit: All I have currently on my update page is Order created, ordered on the morning of the 25th)

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #9,758 of 13,132
Just got off the phone with Audeze, the lady was very unsure and I could have probably provided more information than her. She said all there is left is Aluminum and she could put that request on my order.. (if there is only 1 option why does she have to make a request for this option? and on an order she doesn't even have the number for yet).She explained how they were recovering from a power outage. Order 142X

(Edit: All I have currently on my update page is Order created, ordered on the morning of the 25th)

you may want to call again to speak with another person.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #9,759 of 13,132
 ​I just got off the phone with them as well and they told me the same they only have aluminum and if I was ok with that. I said yes and he said it should ship out tomorrow Thursday at the latest. My order # is 141X. I'm upset as to why they didn't reach out to me and are waiting for people to call before they send these out. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #9,760 of 13,132
 ​I just got off the phone with them as well and they told me the same they only have aluminum and if I was ok with that. I said yes and he said it should ship out tomorrow Thursday at the latest. My order # is 141X. I'm upset as to why they didn't reach out to me and are waiting for people to call before they send these out. 

I'm so confused at how they're operating it doesn't make any sense. And why would they ship it out tomorrow or Thursday? Why not today? This company is really interesting ...

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #9,762 of 13,132
I called them yesterday.  Guy I spoke to asked if Aluminum is okay, I agreed.  He stated that it should ship out wednesday and I should get it friday.  Btw, I ordered on the 28th, 147xxx.  Order changed to completed - waiting to ship this morning.  For those of you who still at order created, I urge you to call.  Seems like you have to agree to getting aluminum to get that shipped out sooner.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #9,763 of 13,132
I'm so confused at how they're operating it doesn't make any sense. And why would they ship it out tomorrow or Thursday? Why not today? This company is really interesting ...

​I don't even feel confident they are doing anything with my order. The status is still the same. I have a feeling there is like 5 people working there and they are so overwhelmed that they don't know what to do or where to start. I also feel like they are not fulfilling orders in the order they were received.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #9,764 of 13,132
I feel like people forget that this was supposed to be a B-Stock sale. Audeze could have easily changed the LCD-2 to "Out of Stock" after the first few orders. But instead they decided to supply brand new headphones and honor the sales of their customers. Whether that happens or not I don't know, but from what i've read, they seem like a company that makes small mistakes, but doesn't go back on their word about fixing those mistakes.

They probably have a large stock of aluminum rings being that they are much easier to manufacture. Since they now have A LOT more wood headphones orders than originally intended, they probably need to get more wood rings. So at this point, it's just, would you rather wait a little while until they get more wood rings, or would you be satisfied with the aluminum ones that are in stock? Either way, most orders probably didn't need to be honored since it was mean't to be a B-Stock only sale. So the fact that they are working on that is impressive to me, as far as customer service and loyalty goes.

Well see how it plays out, but so far, it's just seems to be a set back rather than a cancellation. No need to be worried just yet.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #9,765 of 13,132
I called them yesterday.  Guy I spoke to asked if Aluminum is okay, I agreed.  He stated that it should ship out wednesday and I should get it friday.  Btw, I ordered on the 28th, 147xxx.  Order changed to completed - waiting to ship this morning.  For those of you who still at order created, I urge you to call.  Seems like you have to agree to getting aluminum to get that shipped out sooner.

That's nuts that they're doing it that way. I told myself I was going to be patient and wait for them to get to my order. If I have to call to "reserve" my pair before someone who ordered after me gets it, I guess I will but I don't really want to.

And I agree Bubblejuice. Nobody past the first 25 or so orders is technically owed anything, yet they can't be grateful that Audeze is trying to make this right. Sure, they messed up by not setting a limit to the amount that could be bought, but that shouldn't mean they're required to honor all sales. Much respect for these guys. They're bombarded with orders right now and probably stressed to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back