Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #9,526 of 13,132
MAJOR NEWS...shortly after receiving the email from Richard the doorbell rang and the UPS guy was asking for a signature. The LCD-2s just arrived!!!
As I said before, I ordered on the evening of Wednesday 11.23 and from the markings on the outside of the box, I received Bamboo...very excited!
Also, my order has not been updated on the web site, so hopefully you guys all have a surprise coming tomorrow or Friday:)

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #9,527 of 13,132
MAJOR NEWS...shortly after receiving the email from Richard the doorbell rang and the UPS guy was asking for a signature. The LCD-2s just arrived!!!
As I said before, I ordered on the evening of Wednesday 11.23 and from the markings on the outside of the box, I received Bamboo...very excited!
Also, my order has not been updated on the web site, so hopefully you guys all have a surprise coming tomorrow or Friday:)

Great news. Glad that you got the bamboo. Do let us know further details once after you open the box.

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #9,528 of 13,132

​Damn it man, you can't just post a pic of the box! You have to show the goods!....We await with anticipation...O_O

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #9,529 of 13,132

​Damn it man, you can't just post a pic of the box! You have to show the goods!....We await with anticipation...O_O

Your wish is my command...I just unpacked the box and they are absolutely flawless. Bamboo with black lambskin pads and headband. They look 100% brand new and the travel box has been improved since I owned them a few years ago. It has a great tray system to hold the cables and booklets underneath and the latches have been moved to the side with push buttons. Here are the pics...

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #9,535 of 13,132
Just had a pair of Aluminium LCD-2's arrive! I have various LCD-2's here along with the 3's and just wanted to Alu's so they match my Schiit gear haha

The Alu remind me of my Sheduas I sold. I don't have anything else with me to compare(I'm away at the moment and have my HD650's Schiit Gumby and Schiit Jot. Compared to my HD650 the LCD-2 Alu sound a bit grainier, bit less prominent in the vocals and voices don't have that liquid smooth flow like the 650's. It does have better bass than the 650's in terms of texture, detail and extension but for micro detail, mid and treble detail and impact
I'd have to give it to the 650. It was the same deal with my Shedua but my LCD-2.1 compare well to the 650 sounding about equal but more sidegrades where as the 2016 drivers I'd say are a downgrade to the 650 in most areas.

My LCD-2.1 are soooooo nice sounding I wish they would live forever haha.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #9,536 of 13,132
Is that a b-stock Aluminium lcd2? If yes, when did you place your order?

Just had a pair of Aluminium LCD-2's arrive! I have various LCD-2's here along with the 3's and just wanted to Alu's so they match my Schiit gear haha

The Alu remind me of my Sheduas I sold. I don't have anything else with me to compare(I'm away at the moment and have my HD650's Schiit Gumby and Schiit Jot. Compared to my HD650 the LCD-2 Alu sound a bit grainier, bit less prominent in the vocals and voices don't have that liquid smooth flow like the 650's. It does have better bass than the 650's in terms of texture, detail and extension but for micro detail, mid and treble detail and impact
I'd have to give it to the 650. It was the same deal with my Shedua but my LCD-2.1 compare well to the 650 sounding about equal but more sidegrades where as the 2016 drivers I'd say are a downgrade to the 650 in most areas.

My LCD-2.1 are soooooo nice sounding I wish they would live forever haha.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #9,538 of 13,132
My order for LCD-2 b-stock was # 1400XX, I ordered the 24th just before 9am ET. I spoke with SaddleSC who ordered as soon as the deal went live and his order # was about 2,000 before mine.

My guess is the first handful of people who ordered got their LCD-2 b-stock bamboo headphones and those were shipped the 28th. They probably have a ton of aluminum orders to fill so the rest of us will have to wait.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #9,540 of 13,132
I'm not sure if my pair is somehow defective or if my expectations were somehow set too high for $1,000 headphone but I constantly flip flop between feeling these were worth the $ and they don't sound as good as you would expect. All kinds of reviews constantly praise them as being some of the best headphones they've ever heard - so am I just expecting too much from the headphone world in general? Some music, especially alternative or really any music with a ton of elements going at once, it all sounds kinda mashed together and not really easy to pick out specific elements. I have considered that maybe the music I'm listening to is simply badly mastered but how could it be that so much of it is? I am running them off of a magni/modi 2 stack but from what I've read that should power them pretty fantastically. Hip hop definitely seems to shine, especially recent hip hop with that minimal beat kind of sound. I will be picking up a jotunheim in the near future, hopefully that might improve it.

Any ideas? They just don't really give off an $800 improvement over my dt770s kind of deal, beyond build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back