Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,482 of 13,132
It's going to take awhile for the dust to settle on this deal. But surely I can't be the only one that thinks it's unethical to leave the website open for orders when they had a finite amount of B-stock?

Sure, they'll refund the money. But people still had their money tied up with them for upwards of a week. And now Black Friday/Cyber Monday is over, and they likely were unable to take advantage of any competing audio deals.

Some who had their orders unfulfilled may even feel compelled to go ahead and purchase the full price LCD-2 (though probably not many). I know I bought a Schiit Jotunheim to drive them, and also a balanced XLR cable to fully take advantage of that amp. This is not an insignificant investment.

A redditor has learned that they never had Rosewood or Shedua b-stock to begin with. So this begs the question: Why not say this on the promo? It's one line of copy to say "This b-stock promotion is for the Bamboo and Aluminum variants only."

But they didn't say that. They left it just ambiguous enough for hundreds of people to jump on the deal, and now they're slowly trickling out more information to let people down about what really happened.

+1 I also dropped $600 on a Jotunheim and balanced cable to drive these. Ordered on Thursday and still shows pending. The charge on my credit card has posted. That's $1100 that I would've otherwise spent on other BF deals outside of this hobby.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #9,484 of 13,132
Nov 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #9,485 of 13,132
I kind of have a feeling of how this went down at Audeze....

Staff Member 1: "Alright the b-stock sale is live, this will be a good way to get rid of some extra stock we have"

Member 2:  "Yeah good idea, we can finally get rid of those old bamboo models"

Member 1: "See you guys after the holiday!"

**Return from Holiday**

Member 1:  "Oh no we forgot to set a limit on how many we have in stock and now we have all these orders!"

Member 2 "Okay don't panic, we're still making significant profit, lets honor the orders but we'll give them the aluminum models"

Member 1: "Yeah good idea, Adorama can't sell as many we made anyway and we can't sell them on the website since it's an exclusive, perfect way to clear some excess stock."

Member 2: "Genius"

At-least I'm assuming this is how it happened haha.

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #9,486 of 13,132
  I kind of have a feeling of how this went down at Audeze....

Staff Member 1: "Alright the b-stock sale is live, this will be a good way to get rid of some extra stock we have"

Member 2:  "Yeah good idea, we can finally get rid of those old bamboo models"

Member 1: "See you guys after the holiday!"

**Return from Holiday**

Member 1:  "Oh no we forgot to set a limit on how many we have in stock and now we have all these orders!"

Member 2 "Okay don't panic, we're still making significant profit, lets honor the orders but we'll give them the aluminum models"

Member 1: "Yeah good idea, Adorama can't sell as many we made anyway and we can't sell them on the website since it's an exclusive, perfect way to clear some excess stock."

Member 2: "Genius"

At-least I'm assuming this is how it happened haha.

I'd call this a pretty outlandish hypothetical anecdote...except I played out pretty much exactly this scenario in my mind, earlier this morning. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #9,490 of 13,132
They probably took it down because of the mass amount of LCD-2 orders. I'm sure if you emailed them and asked about the Deckard you could order one.

Yea, I was still in the "thinking" stage. To be honest, I'd like to re-cable all my headphones first and then purchase a TOTL, so I don't want to spend anymore money needlessly at the moment.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #9,493 of 13,132
So after all the time I spent into this, Audeze gave me this final response:

I don't know if taking this further. I should have some rights when something like this happens.

I'm not only loosing the product but as other people said before, my money is still gone to be able to purchase anything else in the offers through the weekend.
More than 24 hours have passed and I still don't have the refund.

Any advise about what to do?

Here's what I would do: Call and speak to an associate. Ask if there's any way they can still get you a b-stock LCD-2, because after all the error wasn't on your end. If they're certain there is no way you can get one now, ask if you could be put on a list to be contacted if they come up with more in the future.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #9,495 of 13,132
Seems to me they should use A-Stock to fill any orders they took during that time period that they can't fill with B-Stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back