Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #9,061 of 13,132
I am about to buy a used pair of LCD-2, which the seller purchased new about 2 months ago.

I asked the seller for his reciept number and called the store to ask if the warranty could be transfered to me as the new owner. They could not answer this question amd said they would have to ask Audeze.

Does anyone know if the warranty can be transfered to me? I dont want to buy something for $1000* that has no warranty...

* Scandinavian prices.. They are $1800 new in store.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #9,062 of 13,132
I am about to buy a used pair of LCD-2, which the seller purchased new about 2 months ago.

I asked the seller for his reciept number and called the store to ask if the warranty could be transfered to me as the new owner. They could not answer this question amd said they would have to ask Audeze.

Does anyone know if the warranty can be transfered to me? I dont want to buy something for $1000* that has no warranty...

Yes, audeze will honor the warranty. Just mention you bought it on headfi and they will hook you up by serial number.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #9,063 of 13,132
Yes, audeze will honor the warranty. Just mention you bought it on headfi and they will hook you up by serial number.

Oh, great. Strange that the store could'nt answer my question.

Well, I will not buy it through Head-Fi, I will do it in person here in Sweden. 

I will get the store reciept as well as all the original stuff, I guess there is warranty papers that is included?

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #9,064 of 13,132
It's almost pointless to listen to rock music on fine equipment. The recordings are usually compressed and distorted, with limited bandwidth. And there's no absolute reference - what's it supposed to sound like? Who is to say the sound on cheap Grado cans isn't closer to what the band intended than what you hear on LCD-2?

There are a few well-recorded exceptions, like PF The Final Cut. Yet too few.

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #9,065 of 13,132

Warranty is 100% transferable no questions asked 

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #9,066 of 13,132

No problem I will do 8/8 after sleep.
Did you do the test?

Now that we're having so much fun, here's another test:
eq test E: http://mclements.net/audio/eq-test-E.flac
eq test F: http://mclements.net/audio/eq-test-F.flac

The prior one was a gradual filter: +3 dB @ 4500 Hz, slope 3 dB / octave. It's very hard, approaching impossible to hear any distortion from a filter this small & gradual. You can definitely hear the effect of the filter, but the distortion it adds is so small as to be negligible and inaudible.

These new clips have a bigger steeper filter: +9 dB @ 4500 Hz, slope 18 dB / octave. Two of them in reverse, just like the prior sample. This bigger sharper filter introduces more time, ripple or ringing distortion and will be easier to detect in a DBT.

Going back to my original point: EQ can introduce audible distortion if you over-do it. But if you use well-implemented parametric EQ and keep it light and gradual, there is no audible distortion.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,068 of 13,132
Okay, even if the warranty has been registered on someone?

Yes. I bought my LCD-2 used and it was no problem switching the warranty to me, since I had the original invoice. I am sure that this will work for you too.

Cheers.

Sep 17, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #9,069 of 13,132
Sep 19, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #9,070 of 13,132
Just got my repaired LCD2. All I've got to say is WOW!

rev1 vs the new fazor is day and night. Sound is more levelled, stereo image improve a lot, the mids are clearer. The bass does not take over the whole sound (some of you might miss this). Better sound production tool than before.

Love them! Freaking awesome!

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #9,071 of 13,132

rev1 vs the new fazor is day and night. Sound is more levelled, stereo image improve a lot, the mids are clearer. The bass does not take over the whole sound (some of you might miss this). Better sound production tool than before.

Yours are Fazors now, correct?

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #9,073 of 13,132

Interesting, it's the first 2.1 (?) vs latest Fazor/tuning impressions I've seen.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #9,075 of 13,132

Users who are viewing this thread

Back