Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #8,146 of 13,132
That is interesting that this new 2016 revision outdoes the low-end on the original 2.1 which I have.
(Is the new revision a 2.3F or a 2.4F in terms of incremental changes ?) ...It helps when people are talking at impressions of various models across the LCD-2.

I don't know what revision Audeze is on these day. I was only told I have the "latest revision drivers".

I wouldn't worry too much about these differences. Honeymoon period is usually a few weeks (being in one myself) and hedonic adaptation kicks in after the and they all sound good at the end.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #8,147 of 13,132
For once I agree with bavinick. There's a lot of fun to be had researching and exploring new gear, and especially listening to it. For me it was the gateway into finding some of my absolute favorite artists.

Right now I'm basking in Creedence Clearwater Revival, a group I would never have found without the hobby.

It was bound to happen eventually, law of averages. Or, it could mean you are wrong on this issue:)

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #8,148 of 13,132
Apr 10, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #8,149 of 13,132
This was uncalled for. Don't demean the guy for sharing his excitement with us. For most of us half the fun of this hobby is the gear, nothing unusual or wrong about that.

Not demeaning anyone. I use emoticons to lighten up statements like mine. And I did say, "for me", which is clearly an opinion. For me, the gear is a means to an end -- reproducing music in my home to as realistic a stage as possible.

And since when have you become the policeman/preacher around here, telling others what they should not post?

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #8,150 of 13,132
Not demeaning anyone. I use emoticons to lighten up statements like mine. And I did say, "for me", which is clearly an opinion. For me, the gear is a means to an end -- reproducing music in my home to as realistic a stage as possible.

And since when have you become the policeman/preacher around here, telling others what they should not post?

Someone has to police you, you can be pretty offensive.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #8,151 of 13,132
Someone has to police you, you can be pretty offensive.

I'm direct and frank. Not offensive.

You're hypersensitive.

There's an old saying: If you don't like the program, change the channel.
Done. (You are on my Block List).

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #8,152 of 13,132
You may be disappointed. The new LCD2 is not laid back like hd650 anymore.

Given the variations within the LCD-2 model, especially the silent revisions, I find it very hard to believe you would be disappointed with the latest revision which started late December of last year? The Fazor models before that were very meh tbh if they sounded like mine...I had my drivers replaced and i'm really really really getting into my music now. see what i did there?

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #8,153 of 13,132
  Amping makes the biggest difference for LCD-2. Not cabling. A well-engineered HP (or electronic component) should not need cabling to enahnce its sound profile. imo.

With loudspeakers I went with minimum 100 watts  (Mclaren-New Zealand brand or ATI Californian). To me it made all the difference

With LCD-2s I've got I guess 1 watt with a hot-rodded X-can V3. Would it really make a difference to have more juice?

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #8,154 of 13,132
  With loudspeakers I went with minimum 100 watts  (Mclaren-New Zealand brand or ATI Californian). To me it made all the difference

With LCD-2s I've got I guess 1 watt with a hot-rodded X-can V3. Would it really make a difference to have more juice?

Geez, 1W is plenty for a planar, even at loud volumes.

I agree. Loudspeakers love juice -- the more the better. Maximum reserves.
beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #8,155 of 13,132
Wow.. I've never been on this thread for I don't even have these yet, but usually these threads are immersed positive vibes. Maybe I'll google some Tibetan chants for peace. I guess my only question - without riling up anyone - is this debate that the newer version changes the sound dramatically. I mean are LCD2.1 and 2.2 2016 that different? I have a hard time believing it changes the sound signature of the cans that much.

I can see having a certain preference, but that's it.

But I'm questioning, not stating what I know.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #8,156 of 13,132
  Wow.. I've never been on this thread for I don't even have these yet, but usually these threads are immersed positive vibes. Maybe I'll google some Tibetan chants for peace. I guess my only question - without riling up anyone - is this debate that the newer version changes the sound dramatically. I mean are LCD2.1 and 2.2 2016 that different? I have a hard time believing it changes the sound signature of the cans that much.

This is the dumbest question i have ever seen, or heard...how do you get off asking this here mate?!!

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #8,158 of 13,132

Yes. They sound different. The new version is IMO technically superior but the sound signature has also changed (you can tell from the FR graph). The new version requires a bit more careful equipment matching and the 8-10khz bump may be problematic for certain recordings. Note FR also depends on how you wear yours and there size of your ear etc. I will need to live with it for a bit to see if I can live with the bump.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #8,160 of 13,132
I have a WA7 2nd gen headphone amp paired with LCD2F

It says online that WA7 Low impedance switch matches everything below 70 ohms and High impedance switch matches everything above 70 ohm.
However, the LCD2F is exactly 70 ohm.

I cannot say I have preference of one setup over the other, when switching to high impedance the vocal are more forward...

Technically speaking, which setup should I put the WA7 on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back